Mid life crisis or impulsive? - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mid life crisis or impulsive?

Midlife crisis. A midlife crisis is a transition of identity and self-confidence that can occur in middle-aged individuals, typically 45–64 years old. The phenomenon is described as a psychological crisis brought about by events that highlight a person's growing age, inevitable mortality, and possibly shortcomings of accomplishments in life.

2 out of 3 will do for me.

23 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Midlife crisis. A midlife crisis is a transition of identity and self-confidence that can occur in middle-aged individuals, typically 45–64 years old. The phenomenon is described as a psychological crisis brought about by events that highlight a person's growing age, inevitable mortality, and possibly shortcomings of accomplishments in life.

2 out of 3 will do for me.

How many folk live to 128?

12 minutes ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

So mid life in certain parts of the West of Scotland is about 26-28 yeas old?

I would go for 35 to 45. 50 at a push. Anybody over 50 who thinks they are still in "mid-life" are kidding themselves on, IMO.

For anybody over the age of 45 there is a very high chance that they are closer to the end of their life than the start. Hope that's not too depressing, but some folk on here should just concentrate on making the most of their auld age instead of trying to con us into thinking they are in "mid-life". :lol: 

1 minute ago, Orraloon said:

I would go for 35 to 45. 50 at a push. Anybody over 50 who thinks they are still in "mid-life" are kidding themselves on, IMO.

For anybody over the age of 45 there is a very high chance that they are closer to the end of their life than the start. Hope that's not too depressing, but some folk on here should just concentrate on making the most of their auld age instead of trying to con us into thinking they are in "mid-life". :lol: 

Ah well, the end is nigh.

4 years ago .I decided to do the North Coast 500 playing golf on the way round and staying in different place each night. Enjoyed it so much that 2 weeks later went round the Welsh coast. Every year from then gone round different part of Scotland and Wales playing golf. Done over 100 courses each year for last 4 years now. Did Devon and Cornwall in january when roads quiet and hotel prices low .didnt realise people down these parts were so friendly.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

😂😂

23 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Would love to do that. Not being a strong swimmer puts me off.

The idea is to stay in the boat!!
I did it in Canada it was good fun, was a bit tame where we were as it had been so dry, would defos like to do a more adventurous one. Plus they had guys in Kayaks to rescue you if you got in serious trouble in the water.

21 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

That’s why any of the US hikes scare the shit out of me, the thought of coming across bears and mountain lions etc. 

Nah thats part of the fun, I used to walk into bears all the time in Whistler, although it was mainly black bears, which were pretty sound most of the time if you didnt go too close. Mountain lions not so much fun. The coyotes were wee shites too in Whistler, they used to follow you in groups and try to surround you, Good times

9 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Nah thats part of the fun, I used to walk into bears all the time in Whistler, although it was mainly black bears, which were pretty sound most of the time if you didnt go too close. Mountain lions not so much fun. The coyotes were wee shites too in Whistler, they used to follow you in groups and try to surround you, Good times

Coyotes are fly cunts round about me. I had to get motion detecting lights outside my house to keep the fuckers away so my dogs could pish at night. 

4 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

No choice, wedding anniversary today, first grand child due any day.

Congratulations on both Lairdy.
If I had known I would have dropped off flowers , I passed Lower Kilmacolm today on my way a garden centre. I needed some essential begonias.