Old Firm Colts Teams... - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Old Firm Colts Teams...

1 minute ago, Tartan_McCole said:

I get the impression that Rangers could propose Scotland getting launched into the Sun and you'd think it was a good idea, providing you read it in the Record or Sun anyway.

This was Keith Jackson.  Not me.  And plenty of others in the game have voiced support including on here.  Football is about opinions.  So what is yours?  I have stated mine that I back the Rangers proposal.  Obviously Celtic have been speaking to them as well but are scared to come out in the open.

20 minutes ago, slasher said:

I can see some merit in the proposal but if it fails because there isn't enough in it for the majority of clubs then fair enough. They should spend time building a consensus thereafter for change that can be agreed upon. It would make a pleasant change from all the bickering. 

Pretty much what Doncaster said recently, asking what it would take for any kind of reconstruction to take place but based on the concept of 14-14-??.

Edited by shaggycoo

The Rangers one seems to be the only one on the table.  It seems reasonable to me.  But this is Scottish Football.  Look at everyone on here arguing like folk trying to get toilet roll at the start of lockdown.  If people cant agree on a TAMB about what would be good for the game just on the basis that Rangers suggested it.  Sad movies.

5 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

The Rangers one seems to be the only one on the table.  It seems reasonable to me.  But this is Scottish Football.  Look at everyone on here arguing like folk trying to get toilet roll at the start of lockdown.  If people cant agree on a TAMB about what would be good for the game just on the basis that Rangers suggested it.  Sad movies.

So what makes Rangers the best candidate for this. Hibs probably have a better record of bringing youth through. I'd imagine they would be delighted to pay under 200 grand a year to blood their youth in a competative league. 

Would you support the proposal if it was Hibs and Celtic?

1 minute ago, beardy said:

So what makes Rangers the best candidate for this. Hibs probably have a better record of bringing youth through. I'd imagine they would be delighted to pay under 200 grand a year to blood their youth in a competative league. 

Would you support the proposal if it was Hibs and Celtic?

Celtic are supporting the move.  And yes I would.  If it was Brechin City I would support this option.  But you bring up the sectarian approach.  Hibs or Celtic.  I wouldn't care who proposed it.  It just seems to make sense.  Cut out the sectarian nonsense.

Just now, Rolling hIlls said:

Celtic are supporting the move.  And yes I would.  If it was Brechin City I would support this option.  But you bring up the sectarian approach.  Hibs or Celtic.  I wouldn't care who proposed it.  It just seems to make sense.  Cut out the sectarian nonsense.

Fvck you, you absolute cunt. There was nothing sectarian about my post. It was based upon clubs with a record of bringing through youth.

I'm not even sure what the sectarian connection here is.

That you somehow saw a sectarian connection shoes you up for the wanker you are.

Get fvcked.

4 minutes ago, beardy said:

Fvck you, you absolute cunt. There was nothing sectarian about my post. It was based upon clubs with a record of bringing through youth.

That you somehow saw a sectarian connection shoes you up for the wanker you are.

Get fvcked.

Celtic and Hibs were the two teams you mentioned.  Why not Hearts or Motherwell?

12 minutes ago, beardy said:

Get fvcked.

Apologies Beardy.  It wasn't sectarian.  But you mentioned the two opposite extremes of this sectarian country.  I only want what is best as a nation and for the national side.  I am hoping Rangers (whilst in their own interests as well) would like to have that too.  And I would support it if Celtic or Hibs.  Apologies though.

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Bribes?  Your post there is hypocritical.  You are saying the OF are bribing clubs but agree in principle.  Then this format looks nonsense to you.  Jeez.  Never seen so many contradictions in a short wee post.  So do you agree or disagree?

Are you genuinely thick? For such a learned man involved in law and education, you’re as dense as granite. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

To be fair the people in charge of Rangers now and people back when we were in the lower leagues are completely different so I don't think that's really a fair accusation to level.

That’s a fair point to be fair. 

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

Are you genuinely thick? For such a learned man involved in law and education, you’re as dense as granite. 

Kumnio.  You said you agreed in principle.  Then you say in the same sentence they are bribing clubs?  I don't get that.  If you mean by bribing that they are offering the chance of better income in the future?

32 minutes ago, kumnio said:

That’s a fair point to be fair. 

Now I'm not sure if you do think it's a fair point to be fair or if you're just fairly riping the pish out of the amount of times I used the word fair when making my fair point! :D

13 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Now I'm not sure if you do think it's a fair point to be fair or if you're just fairly riping the pish out of the amount of times I used the word fair when making my fair point! :D

Fair point 👍

People, certainly including myself, probably just see this as same old self interest. Which might, or might not be right. 

1 hour ago, beardy said:

Get fvcked.

If it involves teams that play in green it’s obviously sectarian to that bampot

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

He’s genuinely thick and don’t believe everything he claims to be, done or seen, he’s the real Walter Mitty 🤯🤯🤯🤯

3 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

He’s genuinely thick and don’t believe everything he claims to be, done or seen, he’s the real Walter Mitty 🤯🤯🤯🤯

At least Khraeigh was entertaining. 

12 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

You got me there.  Canny wait till the circus is allowed back open.  Got these big shoes lying all over the place.  And that wee car I try to go in has the doors falling off them every time I try to go in.  Scotland Forever.  Kid.

Just now, Farcity said:

You have reverted back to the full blown arsehole again. What the fuck is wrong with you?  

Missed your advice.  That must be it.  Had a great debate around the reconstruction proposals but as usual I get personal insults because it is a Rangers proposal.  Whatever you think of me Farcity I never resort to that.  So give me some credit.  Working from home on new singing laptop.  Its a Dell.

8 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You got me there.  Canny wait till the circus is allowed back open.  Got these big shoes lying all over the place.  And that wee car I try to go in has the doors falling off them every time I try to go in.  Scotland Forever.  Kid.

Drive the car off the cliff bud 👍