Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The best reconstruction of Scottish football would be for all clubs out with the old firm to resign from the SPFL and start again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hoofitharder said:

The best reconstruction of Scottish football would be for all clubs out with the old firm to resign from the SPFL and start again.

Aye.  That is an interesting idea.  You out of your shorts yet down in England?  Seems to be the best critics of Scottish Football on here don't even live here.  Amazing.  Stand on kid.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Because like it or not (which I don't).  Rangers and Celtic hoover up the best of the young talent but they cant get  game due to the OF obsession of being first.  That is my way of thinking.  Giving our best young players good experience of tough football.  I also agree with VA that it would make them stronger.  No easy answer.  I just want a better national team!!  But there is no easy answer.  My only point is that at least Rangers have come up with something.  The silence on all recent issues from Celtic has been deafening and I will agree with you there.  You would think a club the size of that would show some leadership in these times.  Rangers are at least trying.

You think the state of the national team will improve if the kids play in league 2? First team players for rangers can’t get into the national squad, why would you think playing against Peterhead & Stenhousemuir will increase the prospects of the younger players?

Just stop being so fucking stupid, for everyone’s sake. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

You think the state of the national team will improve if the kids play in league 2? First team players for rangers can’t get into the national squad, why would you think playing against Peterhead & Stenhousemuir will increase the prospects of the younger players?

Just stop being so fucking stupid, for everyone’s sake. 

The daft jealous prick has been following my every move around as usual. He must have an abundance of those wee sad emojis. That’ll sure show me. 😂

Edited by WCTA
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I quite like the idea. An increase in top division is needed. 
o/t anyone upto date with the career of the young Scot that went through Real Madrid youth ? ( Harper?) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

I quite like the idea. An increase in top division is needed. 
o/t anyone upto date with the career of the young Scot that went through Real Madrid youth ? ( Harper?) 

Use Google you lazy fucker.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, WCTA said:

The daft jealous prick has been following my every move around as usual. He must have an abundance of those wee sad emojis. That’ll sure show me. 😂

Not rising anymore.  Had a great debate today with some nice people on here.  Then you come on with personal insults.  Show yourself up again kid.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Aye.  That is an interesting idea.  You out of your shorts yet down in England?  Seems to be the best critics of Scottish Football on here don't even live here.  Amazing.  Stand on kid.

Criticising a moronic idea from rangers is not criticising scottish football. I find the worst critics of our game tend to be whichever side of the old firm is losing at that particular time. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Debian said:

Use Google you lazy fucker.  

Thanks for the tip fuckface . He’s ripping it up , not really , at a Spanish team called...nah fuk that , find out yer self.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Shaundy said:

Thanks for the tip fuckface . He’s ripping it up , not really , at a Spanish team called...nah fuk that , find out yer self.

The state of this 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, dandydunn said:

This isn’t suggested for the good of the game. This has been suggested to benefit Rangers. They very kindly say that other teams can enter too, but just not at the same level as us. Why should rangers be allowed to field a team at u-21 level in the bottom tier, but Kilmarnock & St Mirren can’t, they’ll have to play in the lowland league. There’s ambitious highland & lowland teams that want to move in to the spfl, why should it be made even harder for them to do so? 
 

Brora have been denied a place so far in the set up, if this goes ahead, they may well get a place, but if Aberdeen, Ross County, ICT all enter teams into the highland league, that could set an ambitious team back years as there will be a ridiculously unfair advantage for the professional teams to progress year upon year. 
 

Then what, if all 12 teams from the Premiership decide to go ahead with entering teams, we could potentially have a bottom 2 leagues littered with colt teams to the detriment and probable death of the 12 teams that they’ve replaced. 
 

It’s simply a ridiculous idea designed for self gratification and nothing else. 

Im not suggesting Rangers are proposing this to benefit the game. They are doing so to assist them 1st and foremost. That doesnt mean it doesnt benefit the game though.

Id imagine the reason why other Prem clubs wouldnt get sides in the league is that they cant afford or would be unwillimg to pay the cost. Hence the cheaper highland / lowland league option.

With all due respect, teams like Brora part tim. Its a different type of football club. No more or less deserving however European class footballers arent going to come out of such clubs. To compete with the top Int sides we need investment in youth. 

People are saying Rangers never bring through youth. Whilst thats clearly not true as they do struggle with getting players into their 1st team. Part of that is the pressure to win every week. Its pretty well accepted that pressure to win every week will limit your players opportunities.  Colt teams would allow youngsters to get that experience.

Motherwell coach spoke today about the benefit of colt teams in challenge cup. Said it taught players things they dont learn in u23 and gives them a taste of meaningful football. That turnbull would have came through probably 8 months sooner if colt teams existed.

As a nation we need to decide what we want to be. Is it the tradional football where long established (largely part time) clubs churn away every year making their fans happy but not offering much to the Scotland team or do we want to consider a different model.

Im an Airdrie fan btw. I love seeing my team win, even its against the likes of Dumbarton but I recognise that in the grand scheme of things we dont have the money or infrastructure to contribute in any meaningful way to the elite development of players.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Im not suggesting Rangers are proposing this to benefit the game. They are doing so to assist them 1st and foremost. That doesnt mean it doesnt benefit the game though.

Id imagine the reason why other Prem clubs wouldnt get sides in the league is that they cant afford or would be unwillimg to pay the cost. Hence the cheaper highland / lowland league option.

With all due respect, teams like Brora part tim. Its a different type of football club. No more or less deserving however European class footballers arent going to come out of such clubs. To compete with the top Int sides we need investment in youth. 

People are saying Rangers never bring through youth. Whilst thats clearly not true as they do struggle with getting players into their 1st team. Part of that is the pressure to win every week. Its pretty well accepted that pressure to win every week will limit your players opportunities.  Colt teams would allow youngsters to get that experience.

Motherwell coach spoke today about the benefit of colt teams in challenge cup. Said it taught players things they dont learn in u23 and gives them a taste of meaningful football. That turnbull would have came through probably 8 months sooner if colt teams existed.

As a nation we need to decide what we want to be. Is it the tradional football where long established (largely part time) clubs churn away every year making their fans happy but not offering much to the Scotland team or do we want to consider a different model.

Im an Airdrie fan btw. I love seeing my team win, even its against the likes of Dumbarton but I recognise that in the grand scheme of things we dont have the money or infrastructure to contribute in any meaningful way to the elite development of players.

 

 

As good as a response as that is, it doesn’t really answer any questions. What you’re basically saying is that the smaller teams don't contribute to the national game overall, so they don’t really deserve a chance to progress. 
 

How many players have rangers contributed to the national team that last 5-6 years, without looking into it, my guess would be not a lot, so why do they deserve to still be in the premiership, they’re not helping the country at all, so what use is developing players for them in the lower leagues that don't have a chance of playing for the national team anyway, if they were good enough, they wouldn’t be in league 2 in the first place, so until they cement a place in the Rangers 1st team, they will have absolutely no chance of dislodging anyone in the Scotland squad. 
 

Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Hearts, Hibs haven't really contributed to the coefficient much recently, so why are we letting these teams play in Europe. 
 

Infact, Scotland haven’t qualified for a tournament in 22 years, why are we still allowing them to play football at all, they’re not going to win anything, so it’s pointless even trying going by yourself logic. 
 

Just because teams can’t win the top league, does that make them any less important, football is a working mans game that means a helluva lot to some people, whether their team wins, loses or draws. 
 

All rangers want here is to have an even bigger advantage and line their own pockets wherever possible and with an agenda like that, they can quite frankly go and fuck themselves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

As good as a response as that is, it doesn’t really answer any questions. What you’re basically saying is that the smaller teams don't contribute to the national game overall, so they don’t really deserve a chance to progress. 
 

How many players have rangers contributed to the national team that last 5-6 years, without looking into it, my guess would be not a lot, so why do they deserve to still be in the premiership, they’re not helping the country at all, so what use is developing players for them in the lower leagues that don't have a chance of playing for the national team anyway, if they were good enough, they wouldn’t be in league 2 in the first place, so until they cement a place in the Rangers 1st team, they will have absolutely no chance of dislodging anyone in the Scotland squad. 
 

Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Hearts, Hibs haven't really contributed to the coefficient much recently, so why are we letting these teams play in Europe. 
 

Infact, Scotland haven’t qualified for a tournament in 22 years, why are we still allowing them to play football at all, they’re not going to win anything, so it’s pointless even trying going by yourself logic. 
 

Just because teams can’t win the top league, does that make them any less important, football is a working mans game that means a helluva lot to some people, whether their team wins, loses or draws. 
 

All rangers want here is to have an even bigger advantage and line their own pockets wherever possible and with an agenda like that, they can quite frankly go and fuck themselves. 

I suppose it depends on what the criteria of contributing is. Traditional working mans clubs have their place. Of course they do and its important to keep an element of sporting integrety at the heart of all decisions but if we are being honest you talk about progress. You might have progress for the odd club but nothing that affects the national team or the upper reaches of the leagues. From a quick look only Falkirk from the bottom 2 divisions have even played in the top league in the past 20 years so its not like we have a load of forward thinking ambitious clubs who are just lacking opportunity.

In a way your middle paragraph supports my position. I agree Rangers havent contributed enough players for Scotland but a large part of that has to do with their competing interests. On one hand im sure they want to develop their own players but the bigger (although short sighted) picture is that they need to win every week to compete with Celtic. Glen Middleton for example was given plenty of game time last year but wasnt consistent enough for Rangers needs. 

Another way of looking at it is this. Who are more likely to produce a full Scotland international. Old Firm colt teams or any of League 2 teams?

Somebody slagged off the comparison i made about Real Madrid and Barca. The comparison is not the standard of player or club. Its the potential pathway that colt teams provide. If its good enough for Messi to play for Barca C and Barca B in the 4th and 2nd tier of Spanish football then whys it not good enough for the youngsters of our 2 biggest clubs. By your rational Messi by playing for Barca C and B wasnt good enough for Barca when in reality all players need competitive game time to learn and develop.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a quick look. Colt teams play in the professional leagues in Spain, France, Holland, Italy, Germany and Portugal. I stopped looking after that as these countries clearly know nothing about football or developing players.

Porto B actually won the 2nd Division in 2016. 2nd and 3rd place got promoted.

We are terrible in this country for rejecting change in any form. We are so stuck in ways and it holds us back whilst other nations shoot past us.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

I suppose it depends on what the criteria of contributing is. Traditional working mans clubs have their place. Of course they do and its important to keep an element of sporting integrety at the heart of all decisions but if we are being honest you talk about progress. You might have progress for the odd club but nothing that affects the national team or the upper reaches of the leagues. From a quick look only Falkirk from the bottom 2 divisions have even played in the top league in the past 20 years so its not like we have a load of forward thinking ambitious clubs who are just lacking opportunity.

In a way your middle paragraph supports my position. I agree Rangers havent contributed enough players for Scotland but a large part of that has to do with their competing interests. On one hand im sure they want to develop their own players but the bigger (although short sighted) picture is that they need to win every week to compete with Celtic. Glen Middleton for example was given plenty of game time last year but wasnt consistent enough for Rangers needs. 

Another way of looking at it is this. Who are more likely to produce a full Scotland international. Old Firm colt teams or any of League 2 teams?

Somebody slagged off the comparison i made about Real Madrid and Barca. The comparison is not the standard of player or club. Its the potential pathway that colt teams provide. If its good enough for Messi to play for Barca C and Barca B in the 4th and 2nd tier of Spanish football then whys it not good enough for the youngsters of our 2 biggest clubs. By your rational Messi by playing for Barca C and B wasnt good enough for Barca when in reality all players need competitive game time to learn and develop.

Again, you havent really responded to anything that I said, merely making more points to try and back up your rants. 
 

Oh and for the record, Andy Robertson was at Queens Park aftwr Celtic releases him and made his natural progression up through the leagues and into the big time. 
 

Who was the last player rangers produced to have the same rise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good debate.  I am in favour of it having looked at the all round benefits and arguments above.  And not with a Rangers hat on.  Don't have a Rangers hat actually.  Or a scarf!  Have a good day folks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VA, you will be up!  Take your point yesterday about it making the OF even stronger.  But that is up to the like of Aberdeen etc to get stronger by developing their own youth teams as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dandydunn said:

 

Who was the last player rangers produced to have the same rise?

Probably someone like John Fleck?  Before that you're looking at a Hutton or McGregor.

Another negative impact this could have on lower league clubs is not getting access to Old Firm youngsters that would normally have been loaned out.  So as well as these teams having the threat of 2 (theoretically) strong teams coming in to their leagues to compete against them, their own squads will be weakened by not having access to players who are now making up those same teams they are playing against.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Probably someone like John Fleck?  Before that you're looking at a Hutton or McGregor.

Another negative impact this could have on lower league clubs is not getting access to Old Firm youngsters that would normally have been loaned out.  So as well as these teams having the threat of 2 (theoretically) strong teams coming in to their leagues to compete against them, their own squads will be weakened by not having access to players who are now making up those same teams they are playing against.

Aye.  Ok.  Keep it the same then.  No wonder this country cant qualify for a finals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whether this would better the Scottish game or not, anyone looking at this and not realising that Rangers (and Celtic, if in agreement) are only looking out for themselves is absolutely mental.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple of references to the Motherwell coach. Can I just point out that Stephen Craigan is no longer at Motherwell. Point still relevant tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to know what this means for the rest of the Pyramid?  DO the LL/HL get an automatic place from now on and what about T6 which would become T5?  Depending on a license, we (local team at T6) need to have a play off or potentially 3 a way play off from next season when the WoSL comes in.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the proposal is worth considering . The positives far outweigh the negatives.

It is pleasing to see Rangers contributing positively to this.

Dont let anti old firm biasis blinker the points and good ideas  raised 

100.000 +Scottish football fans watch and support these teams , they do contibute massively to our game as much as we would like it otherwise. 

If as @Debian  says  ( Spain, France, Holland, Italy, Germany and Portugal) (no doubt there are others, would be good to find similar sizerd country examples).

They have colt teams for their big guns, why the Phukk are we so special than we shouldnt do the same ?  

All those guys are better than us , every one of them. 

The current system does not produce enough/any quality players ie players who are good enbough to qualify for international  tournamants. 

Andy Robertson is the only Scottish guy in 20 years to win a major tournament,and Darren Fletcher won the EPL a few times. Thats it , thats PISH.

Scotland has fallen behind every other European Nation. (20 + years of non qualification)  I realise the plans are not to create players for Scotland, however better players for Rangers and better players for Celtic will ensure better players for Scotland. 

The current system in Shite lets do this for 5 years . what do we have to lose. 

FFS the league currently produces players who are not good enough to qualify to tournaments.

 

I think there should be 2 teams relegated from the Prem in this proposal, but i can see why its not proposed( it would frighten a few of the lower teams) 

The regionalisation of the non old firm colt teams shouls also be considered without blinkers. Surely Killie and Motherwell colts would be better playing Auchinleck/Shotts/Linlithgow/Beith etc rather than wee friendly games with other pampered under 21 teams. Get the boys to play against men that what the coaches are saying we need, this would ennsure it will happen.

 

We cant continue to do the same and expect differnt results. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

 

12 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Im an Airdrie fan btw. I love seeing my team win, even its against the likes of Dumbarton but I recognise that in the grand scheme of things we dont have the money or infrastructure to contribute in any meaningful way to the elite development of players.

 

 

And if Scotland had 18 or 20 team top league like the countries you mentioned teams like yours would be aiming to be in it. Your chairman isn't going to invest serious money in the unlikely event of being in that one automatic promotion place that's available now. Who would? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...