Old Firm Colts Teams... - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Old Firm Colts Teams...

There is no appetite for competition though. The Old Firm dont want it, the media dont want it, the majority of supporters in Scotland don't want it. If they ceased to exist, without reforming into identical forms, then I think you would see Scottish football improve almost instantly. It wouldn't be the greatest league in the world but it would be competitive, there would be definite goals and there would be a bigger emphasis on trying to be as good as you can be, developing talent. Everything is geared for the benefit of two clubs only and the Colt thing can only ever strengthen this

It will never ever happen but we need to step away from the the shitfest that has ruined football, the champions League, the prioritising of money over success, TV. Initially clubs will suffer but they will recover and Scottish football will be Al the stronger and more pure for it.  

We need to deal with the reality though. The Old Firm arent going anywhere, TV deals will continue to be based on 4 OF games per season and non OF clubs will continue to be dependent on OF visiting fans. Any proposal needs to be based on these realities. You cant just wish things different.

Fans talk about an expanded Prem with clubs playing each other twice. Chairman however say their clubs would go bust if such a thing was to happen. For a start the TV deal would be more than halved. Then you take away half the number of games at home versus OF. Clubs cant afford that drop in revenue.

So try suggesting something realistic. What changes would you propose?

Nothing will change, it's beyond salvage if you ask me. 

Until clubs decide to take that step back, which ive suggested they won't, then we are fucked. Completely fucked. The odd player will come through, natural talent always will. 

It's not just Scotland but I think everything is polarised here. 

10 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Im interested to see how the results of our performace schools, we are starting to see glimpses of this already,no end results yet but glimpses.

I was thinking about this the other day. I think some benchmarking thing was to be published to show how the schools were doing. Might be due next year, possibly.

Leave the leagues as they are. Talk about reconstructuon when things are hopefully back to normal just before the 21/22 season.

This whole debacle is simply to stop hearts going down. Hearts fans shoupd vent their anger at the chucky doll and hearts legend levein not the SPFL

21 hours ago, Farcity said:

Nothing will change, it's beyond salvage if you ask me. 

Until clubs decide to take that step back, which ive suggested they won't, then we are fucked. Completely fucked. The odd player will come through, natural talent always will. 

It's not just Scotland but I think everything is polarised here. 

I'm amazed average attendances for Hibs, Hearts and  Aberdeen are as high as they are and essentially any pretence of the league is reliant on them continuing to turn out.  Their attendances would be about average in the Championship down south but they've fuck all play for, players are on about a quarter of the money and away fans are either the gruesome twosome or a few hundred whereas most Championship games down south get a good away following.

The way things are though I reckon Rangers and Celtic would be happy enough playing Carnoustie Panmure and the Dog n Duck so long as they could play each other 4-6 times a season.   

The only club that is able to offer even a smidgen of a threat to Celtic spent their way into an early grave, resurfaced and are doing the exact same thing again, without even being particularly close to reaching them. 

Why they are allowed to do it is another matter entirely but surely its indicative of how football as a competitive sport is fucked. Pretty much every league across Europe has become a bit of a closed shop at the top end and the Champions League has single handedly created this. 

2 hours ago, Farcity said:

Hearts just need to fuck off. 

Is it true that the actual turf they play on is from the Somme, the location of the greatest, bloodiest battle where the Hearts took on the Hun singlehandedly? 

That was at Ibrox. Allan Johnston score a hat trick....