Old Firm Colts Teams... - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Old Firm Colts Teams...

41 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Is it possible to have a debate on football matters on the TAMB anymore without every thread becoming multiple pages of personal insults and utter nonsence about who people are. Mods should delete all posts that are not about the topic immedietely. No wonder so many people dont visit the site anymore.

Would be good yes. You'll see that I tried to sort it by pm so as not to let it carry on here but he was scared.

To give some perspective to why I responded. I was called a fat cunt, told to get a life outside of the shithole I live in, then accused of stalking him and also of insulting his wife. He's said this more than once. Tell me, if someone said this to you and you know the person he's talking about isn't you, would you respond?

I don't give a shite whether he thinks I'm someone else on here, if I'm honest I don't really care if he calls me a fat cunt or tells me to get a life. It's the accusations of stalking him and insulting his wife that pisses me off. That's weirdo behaviour.

So I'll say again, if he wants to pm me, we can discuss it without boring anybody else or derailing threads.

15 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Nah, we'll be fine as soon as we get games on again. There are a couple of trolls who probably need hunted from here, but it's occasionally amusing to indulge them if you're bored, as you have to great effect. 

Moi?

Never, that’s not my style 🤣

1 hour ago, Tiny Tim said:

Would be good yes. You'll see that I tried to sort it by pm so as not to let it carry on here but he was scared.

To give some perspective to why I responded. I was called a fat cunt, told to get a life outside of the shithole I live in, then accused of stalking him and also of insulting his wife. He's said this more than once. Tell me, if someone said this to you and you know the person he's talking about isn't you, would you respond?

I don't give a shite whether he thinks I'm someone else on here, if I'm honest I don't really care if he calls me a fat cunt or tells me to get a life. It's the accusations of stalking him and insulting his wife that pisses me off. That's weirdo behaviour.

So I'll say again, if he wants to pm me, we can discuss it without boring anybody else or derailing threads.

He did it to me on numerous occasions but gets away with it.  The TAMB would be fine if the mods asked for real identity and the likes of him couldn't get anywhere near .

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

There’s no point. Mods won’t act against certain individuals, I reported a post yesterday and there’s hee haw gets done about it. 

The mods appear to let pals run riot, or they are the mods. 

The board is dead, the quicker it gets shutdown, the better. 

There is a simple answer to that kid.  Just don't come on.  Is that simple enough for you?

1 hour ago, Tiny Tim said:

TT.  As I said don't rise to him (or her).  He/she tried it with me last year and got found out to be a liar.  Deja Vu with you now.  One day someone will take him/her up for slander.  But shouldn't be allowed near a TA forum and allowed to accuse people with no facts.  He wont reply to a pm as his a wee snivelling coward according to what I have heard.  Anyway how can a Tiny Tim be fat??  And are you a tim? lol.

9 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

The board is fine with some good debates over last few days.  just a couple who attack people with personal stuff should be banned right away.

Yeah, like scumbags accusing people of having sectarian reasons behind a post. 

Just fuck off you utter scumbag. 

3 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Is it possible to have a debate on football matters on the TAMB anymore without every thread becoming multiple pages of personal insults and utter nonsence about who people are. Mods should delete all posts that are not about the topic immedietely. No wonder so many people dont visit the site anymore.

Sure, when you come up with evidence to back up your claim that the colt system works in all the major leagues in Europe then we are back in business. 

3 hours ago, Farcity said:

Sure, when you come up with evidence to back up your claim that the colt system works in all the major leagues in Europe then we are back in business. 

What evidence would you like?

Go look at the players who have played for colt teams and went on to be amazing players. 

Just now, Diamond Scot said:

What evidence would you like?

Go look at the players who have played for colt teams and went on to be amazing players. 

Your saying it's a big thing across the major leagues. It blatantly is not. You picked out Messi, the visionary that you are. Those same players would have played for the u19s etc. Playing for Barcelona B didn't make Messi, if you think that when we should just leave it here. 

It basically doesn't exist in Italy, France, the Germans don't prioritise it, the only ones that out any stock in it are the Dutch and Porto/Benfica. 

5 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Yeah, like scumbags accusing people of having sectarian reasons behind a post. 

Just fuck off you utter scumbag. 

You know, I think I'd trade in a victory over Israel in return for rolling pish fecking off the board forever.

42 minutes ago, Farcity said:

Your saying it's a big thing across the major leagues. It blatantly is not. You picked out Messi, the visionary that you are. Those same players would have played for the u19s etc. Playing for Barcelona B didn't make Messi, if you think that when we should just leave it here. 

It basically doesn't exist in Italy, France, the Germans don't prioritise it, the only ones that out any stock in it are the Dutch and Porto/Benfica. 

There is a very good book called The european game. The secrets of European footballing success. Read the section on pathways for an insight into the development of players.

If it was just Messi then you may have had a point however its not. Some of Spains best ever players developed in their B teams. Guys like Raul, Casillas, Juanfran, Arteta, Pedro, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta and guardiola.

Just some players to.come.through in Germany include Mario Gomez, Leno, Khedira, Hummells, Muller, Lamb and Schweinsteiger. 

The very fact you cite the Dutch and the Portugese as ones who put stock in it should be enough evidence. You are right though. What do the Dutch know about developing players and giving them a pathway to the first team.

Instead of me showing how it does work. How about you list the huge numbers of top european class players that Scotlands current system produces. 

How many players have been developed through a Scottish clubs youth system, broke into first team, established themselves then went onto play for a top European club. Kieran Tiernay is the only 1 I can think of.

7 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

There is a very good book called The european game. The secrets of European footballing success. Read the section on pathways for an insight into the development of players.

If it was just Messi then you may have had a point however its not. Some of Spains best ever players developed in their B teams. Guys like Raul, Casillas, Juanfran, Arteta, Pedro, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta and guardiola.

Just some players to.come.through in Germany include Mario Gomez, Leno, Khedira, Hummells, Muller, Lamb and Schweinsteiger. 

The very fact you cite the Dutch and the Portugese as ones who put stock in it should be enough evidence. You are right though. What do the Dutch know about developing players and giving them a pathway to the first team.

Instead of me showing how it does work. How about you list the huge numbers of top european class players that Scotlands current system produces. 

How many players have been developed through a Scottish clubs youth system, broke into first team, established themselves then went onto play for a top European club. Kieran Tiernay is the only 1 I can think of.

You are making some good points but the level of opposition the B teams in major leagues face will be much better than league 2 in scotland. They have much more money and therefore better coaching. Just adding B teams to the system doesnt mean it will work in scotland. 

The leagues you mention have always produced some of the best players, B teams or not. One thing they have in common with scotland is the wipiing out of compeititve football. Bayern are on to 7 in a row, juve 9, psg 7, barca and madrid are nothing more than a more glampurous old firm as are porto and benfica. Ill stop here before i go off pn a tangent about how football is barely a sport nowadays

Not that there is any competition in scotland anyway but adding B teams will make.it worse

Im interested to see how the results of our performace schools, we are starting to see glimpses of this already,no end results yet but glimpses.

9 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Schweinsteiger who played something like 30 games over 4 seasons? Practically has his own peg in the dressing room.  

I think you are getting a bit dewy eyed. These Xavis and Iniestas you cite have been nurtured since they were around 5 years old, they didn't suddenly turn into world beaters by playing for Barca B.

Arteta? I can see the similarity in that he is Spanish, he was far from top drawer. 

The German system. Only Bayern are in the third division, the rest of these teams play in regional leagues. Your Kimmichs, Havertz, Draxler etc don't play for the B's, they prefer the u19s and by then you should be good enough to drop into the squad. 

I've no idea who Scotland doesn't produce top class players, what I do know is is that playing for Rangers B against Albion Rovers isn't going to start the treadmill. 

Whether colt teams are a good idea or not, surely we can all agree that changes are required. Personally I would make the SPFL for full time teams only who have to meet certain criteria on youth investment. This would probably mean we only have enough teams for 2 leagues. Id then have 2 up and 2 down between these leagues and have a more generous TV split spread over both leagues. The thinking being that relegation would be less of a financial doomsday. 

The obvious downside would be that it would be a closed shop with no relegation from 2nd tier and that it would exclude part time teams however much like junior teams have a place in football, i think part time teams should have their place. It just shouldnt occupy the same space as full time professional football.

The hope being that with less financial concerns over relegation and increased spending on youth, over time some.of our bigger clubs could close the gap to the Old Firm. Out of our biggest clubs outside the Old Firm, the vast majority of them have been relegated in the past 15 years. That cant be good for either short or long term planning and growth.