Old Firm Colts Teams... - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Old Firm Colts Teams...

The Old Firm will mainly still keep buying decent players that other Scottish clubs have developed. The Old Firm will finish 1st and 2nd in the championship and the 3rd placed team will be promoted making Scottish (we must have 4 Old Firm games a season) football an even bigger laughing stock. 

24 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You don't trust Rangers.  If we have no trust in other clubs we have nothing.  What are celtic saying ?  The plan seems good for Scottish football but the cynics will always win out.  Typical Scottish Football.  Don't trust anyone no matter how good the idea is.

It really doesn't seem good for Scottish Football,  however I will never be able to convince you of this. It's not that good an idea, in fact it's shit.

When have Rangers acted in the best interests of the game here. They are like most other clubs and acting out of self interest. I believe this current charade to be the same.

I reckon they will make around a million pounds a year from this endeavour if it goes through. That's their motivation, not the 'good of the game'

2 minutes ago, beardy said:

It really doesn't seem good for Scottish Football,  however I will never be able to convince you of this. It's not that good an idea, in fact it's shit.

When have Rangers acted in the best interests of the game here. They are like most other clubs and acting out of self interest. I believe this current charade to be the same.

I reckon they will make around a million pounds a year from this endeavour if it goes through. That's their motivation, not the 'good of the game'

And what will other clubs make from the blue and green pound?  I know you are cynical about Rangers motivation as will be most folk on here.  I try to look on the bright side.

16 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

And what will other clubs make from the blue and green pound?  I know you are cynical about Rangers motivation as will be most folk on here.  I try to look on the bright side.

Really, so some simple maths. 250,000 split between 30 teams (I'm assume all teams below the premier league are getting this sweetener) and two home games with 200 tickets. It's about 15,000 before VAT and tax. That's just the first year, if will be less following years.

So you're blue and green pound (in itself.a laughable phrase) are sure as shit not make or break money for these teams. However Rangers would likely walk off with over half a million after deductions. So overall, shit for Scottish Football. 

As a Rangers fan I'm sure you think this as a good deal and a noble proposal however let's see how fans of the actual teams involved consider it. 

Rangers are not doing this to make Scottish Football better, no chance.

Edited by beardy

9 minutes ago, beardy said:

Really, so some simple maths. 250,000 split between 30 teams (I'm assume all teams below the premier league are getting this sweetener) and two home games with 200 tickets. It's about 15,000 before VAT and tax. That's just the first year, if will be less following years.

So you're blue and green pound (in itself.a laughable phrase) are sure as shit not make or break money for these teams. However Rangers would likely walk off with over half a million after deductions. So overall, shit for Scottish Football. 

As a Rangers fan I'm sure you think this as a good deal and a noble proposal however let's see how fans of the actual teams involved consider it. 

Rangers are not doing this to make Scottish Football better, no chance.

So just stay the same then?  Rangers have guaranteed every  club to BUY 200 tickets.  There will probably be a lot more paying at the gate or online.  And you think this is a bad thing? Aye, just let it all stay the same.  Unless you have your marvellous suggestions??  What are Celtic suggesting how to improve our game?

3 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

As someone said on a Motherwell fans chat room. 

We need less Old Firm teams not more. 

You can guarantee the OF colt team games would be love on sky too giving them even.more exposure, more money and therefore pulling away even further.

3 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

As someone said on a Motherwell fans chat room. 

We need less Old Firm teams not more. 

But we live in reality not Motherwell.  I agree and hated to see all the bigotry in Motherwell when I worked there.  But we have to live in reality.  Things are what they are in Motherwell and similar.  I wish that wasn't the case.  I just think the Rangers proposal is a valid one.

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

So just stay the same then?  Rangers have guaranteed every  club to BUY 200 tickets.  There will probably be a lot more paying at the gate or online.  And you think this is a bad thing? Aye, just let it all stay the same.  Unless you have your marvellous suggestions??  What are Celtic suggesting how to improve our game?

I have no idea what the fvck Celtic are proposing however their silence is noteworthy. 

With regards to change why is change needed and why now specifically. 

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

You can guarantee the OF colt team games would be love on sky too giving them even.more exposure, more money and therefore pulling away even further.

Agree with that too VA.  I just think we need to change.  I am a Rangers fan but got the best interests of Scottish Football first.  If there was a way of splitting the money evenly amongst all the teams.  However, it needs to change and the Rangers plan seems ok to me.

2 minutes ago, beardy said:

I have no idea what the fvck Celtic are proposing however their silence is noteworthy. 

With regards to change why is change needed and why now specifically. 

I will answer that in one statement.  Because our national team has been shite for over 20 years.  Nothing can be worse than that.  So something needs to change.  I know we are not going to agree as u want things to continue like this.  But don't I am afraid.  Just because Rangers are the big bad wolf on here.  They are doing the right thing.

5 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Agree with that too VA.  I just think we need to change.  I am a Rangers fan but got the best interests of Scottish Football first.  If there was a way of splitting the money evenly amongst all the teams.  However, it needs to change and the Rangers plan seems ok to me.

At the start of your post you agree with me and by the end you think rangers proposal seems ok. 

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggghhhhhttt (said in Dr Evil's voice)

Just now, Rolling hIlls said:

I will answer that in one statement.  Because our national team has been shite for over 20 years.  Nothing can be worse than that.  So something needs to change.  I know we are not going to agree as u want things to continue like this.  But don't I am afraid.  Just because Rangers are the big bad wolf on here.  They are doing the right thing.

How will this improve our national team. 

I don't agree with the proposal because it will be shit and will have absolutely no impact on our national team. I asked this question earlier. 

How many players have Rangers brought through this Millennium who have gained a cap?

They are crap at bringing through youngsters and no amount of playing against part time teams in the lower end of Scottish Football will.change that. If anything the future of the National team will be brought up in English Football.

1 minute ago, beardy said:

How will this improve our national team. 

I don't agree with the proposal because it will be shit and will have absolutely no impact on our national team. I asked this question earlier. 

How many players have Rangers brought through this Millennium who have gained a cap?

They are crap at bringing through youngsters and no amount of playing against part time teams in the lower end of Scottish Football will.change that. If anything the future of the National team will be brought up in English Football.

Because like it or not (which I don't).  Rangers and Celtic hoover up the best of the young talent but they cant get  game due to the OF obsession of being first.  That is my way of thinking.  Giving our best young players good experience of tough football.  I also agree with VA that it would make them stronger.  No easy answer.  I just want a better national team!!  But there is no easy answer.  My only point is that at least Rangers have come up with something.  The silence on all recent issues from Celtic has been deafening and I will agree with you there.  You would think a club the size of that would show some leadership in these times.  Rangers are at least trying.

16 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

But we live in reality not Motherwell.  I agree and hated to see all the bigotry in Motherwell when I worked there.  But we have to live in reality.  Things are what they are in Motherwell and similar.  I wish that wasn't the case.  I just think the Rangers proposal is a valid one.

I think most on here want change. We all have seen teams like Dunfermline, Airdrie, etc slowly dying over the years because of this shitty self serving top league we have but strengthening the two top teams won't help. 

1 minute ago, Och Aye said:

I think most on here want change. We all have seen teams like Dunfermline, Airdrie, etc slowly dying over the years because of this shitty self serving top league we have but strengthening the two top teams won't help. 

No easy answer mate.  But surely if the other teams all agree the financial benefits wouldn't all go to the OF.  I don't know the details but prepared to take a leap of faith. This is the problem though.  No one on here can agree on anything with Scottish Football.  Hence the problem.

7 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Because like it or not (which I don't).  Rangers and Celtic hoover up the best of the young talent but they cant get  game due to the OF obsession of being first.  That is my way of thinking.  Giving our best young players good experience of tough football.  I also agree with VA that it would make them stronger.  No easy answer.  I just want a better national team!!  But there is no easy answer.  My only point is that at least Rangers have come up with something.  The silence on all recent issues from Celtic has been deafening and I will agree with you there.  You would think a club the size of that would show some leadership in these times.  Rangers are at least trying.

I think Celtic's silence is because they see most of the recent proposals as useless and don't want to be dragged into any nonsense.

Like him or not but Lawell is a very good football administrator and runs his club extremely well.

Their consideration is probably better judged than Rangers.

1 minute ago, beardy said:

I think Celtic's silence is because they see most of the recent proposals as useless and don't want to be dragged into any nonsense.

Like him or not but Lawell is a very good football administrator and runs his club extremely well.

Their consideration is probably better judged than Rangers.

Yes I agree.  He does run HIS club well.  Hence the problem.  Never mind Scottish Football.  Just look after my own club.  This where Scottish Football falls down I am afraid.  You have just backed that up.

Just now, Rolling hIlls said:

Yes I agree.  He does run HIS club well.  Hence the problem.  Never mind Scottish Football.  Just look after my own club.  This where Scottish Football falls down I am afraid.  You have just backed that up.

Seriously, Rangers proposal is not for the betterment of Scottish Football. You cannot believe this surely.

14 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Scotland fans cant have it both ways. Loads complain that the Old Firm never bring through any youth. Then when a proposal gets put forward that guarentees both clubs reguarly playing around 16 under 21s they complain.

This would give youngters the opportunity to get competitive 1st team football at a level up the championshipnbut still retaining all the benefits of access to proper coaches and training facilities that they wouldnt get if they just went out on loan. From a Scotland view point what is the downside?

Somebody mentioned that the Old Firm would scoop up all the best players. They do this already but cant / dont actually play them. This would force them to play them.

Smaller clubs get increased money, exposure etc. Why is it good enough for Spain but not for Scotland. Go and look at the playerd who have played for the Real Madrid and Barca colt teams and tell me its not a good idea.

You can't see a single downside? Like them straight off taking the place of teams more deserving, or them having increased influence over the game in Scotland. Or if they do get to the Championship , aren't then denying spaces for players of two other clubs to play at a higher level. As someone else said, what if they finish 1 and 2 in the championship? Does 3 and 4 get promoted or what? 

Increased exposure? Like the world is waiting to wait and read about Rangers and Celtic u21s. 

Celtic/Rangers - Real Madrid/Barca. 😂😂😂😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 Best leaving that one alone I think. 

It's nonsense. 

4 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Just read a little in to it on papers and bbc Scotland.  Overall I think it is a good idea.  Along with other Managers and Directors.  Two main points.  Firstly it would bring more money for the smaller clubs.  Secondly I would hope it would benefit the national team.

I'm amazed that you think this is a good idea...the money for smaller clubs is a complete fabrication, this is all about empire building, making the old firm even more powerful, giving their youth structures more appeal...the recent case of Hickeys potential transfer tells you all you need to know about the old firm, their policies and their regard for the other teams in Scottish fitba

43 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Every club in Scotland is the same...look after themselves and to fuck with everyone else