Madeleine McCann - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Madeleine McCann

Seems that the German police have known about the guy for three years and have had the two vehicles for over a year and have - as yet - turned up nothing more than circumstantial evidence.

This explains the public appeal - they've hit a brick wall.

Basically, it boils down to, he's got form, he was in the general area at the time, there's some element of suspicious behaviour and there's an - unsubstantiated - admission that he was involved.   

Edited by aaid

11 hours ago, Denny’s Yard said:

Just seen this.  A lot of people owe the McCanns an apology if this guy turns out to be guilty.

They still pissed off to restaurant and left the wean in the apartment. 

Edited by bonzo

11 hours ago, Denny’s Yard said:

Just seen this.  A lot of people owe the McCanns an apology if this guy turns out to be guilty.

They left their kids unattended, each night of their holiday.

I don't know what other folks parents did on holiday but my parents would never have dreamed of doing that when on holiday with us and they certainly never had the financial means the McCanns did to have childminders etc.

If they wanted a couples holiday then they should have left the kids at home with grandparents.

3 hours ago, bonzo said:

They still pissed off to restaurant and left the wean in the apartment. 

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They left their kids unattended, each night of their holiday.

I don't know what other folks parents did on holiday but my parents would never have dreamed of doing that when on holiday with us and they certainly never had the financial means the McCanns did to have childminders etc.

If they wanted a couples holiday then they should have left the kids at home with grandparents.

I don't think anyone is expecting  them to win a ‘parent of the year award ‘ but there is a difference between being guilty of child neglect and being accused of murdering them,  which I imagine Dennys Yard is referring to. 

Edited by TDYER63

I hope in some way this guy was responsible and the family now get some sort of peace from it. Either by finding her alive or by finally knowing what happened.

There’s no doubt they shouldn’t have left the wee lassie but surely nobody thinks they got what they deserved?

1 hour ago, Tiny Tim said:

I hope in some way this guy was responsible and the family now get some sort of peace from it. Either by finding her alive or by finally knowing what happened.

There’s no doubt they shouldn’t have left the wee lassie but surely nobody thinks they got what they deserved?

Thats how I feel. Whether they find Maddie or not they will have to live with the consequences of their action for the rest of their lives.
They have probably paid the ultimate price for being irresponsible as I really cannot see them finding her alive . And as wrong as their actions were , I do not think they deserve  that. 

I don’t think anyone on here thinks that either.   

What stinks about all this, regardless of what truth may or may not ever come out, is the simple fact that if someone left a 3-year-old, who then disappeared, in a council flat to cross the road for a couple of pints at the Dog & Duck, they'd be absolutely hounded as scum for the rest of their lives.

If she was found, even her body, we'd all be expected to participate in some national vindication of them, but as far as I'm concerned, whatever happened to her was as a result of the kind of behaviour that your average half-wit knows you never do.

1 hour ago, Huddersfield said:

What stinks about all this, regardless of what truth may or may not ever come out, is the simple fact that if someone left a 3-year-old, who then disappeared, in a council flat to cross the road for a couple of pints at the Dog & Duck, they'd be absolutely hounded as scum for the rest of their lives.

If she was found, even her body, we'd all be expected to participate in some national vindication of them, but as far as I'm concerned, whatever happened to her was as a result of the kind of behaviour that your average half-wit knows you never do.

For me who is responsible is still up for dispute - who is accountable is irrefutable.  

The thing that got me is when you see Sara Payne's mum and James Bulger's mum they're absolutely broken.  James Bulger's mum is absolutely haunted by losing her kid in a shopping centre.  

2 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

I'd agree with that.  In the circumstances I'm not sure charges of neglect or whatever really is in the public interest but I certainly don't buy into this whole myth of them being some sort of sainted couple.   Only they will know if their actions in the immediate aftermath of essentially lawyering-up and not co-operating fully in the investigation has led to whoever was responsible getting away. 

Ultimately its a terrible story but there are huge levels of hypocrisy at play here.

4 hours ago, EddardStark said:

These stories always appear in the press and then nothing comes of it. Ultimately there will be a prime suspect but with little evidence to prosecute. Worst outcome in my opinion. 

Normally i would agree but i think there is something different this time

4 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

For me who is responsible is still up for dispute - who is accountable is irrefutable.  

The thing that got me is when you see Sara Payne's mum and James Bulger's mum they're absolutely broken.  James Bulger's mum is absolutely haunted by losing her kid in a shopping centre.  

Agree with the first paragraph but I dont think you can assume someone is less devastated by the loss of their child because of how they act. People have different coping mechanisms and some people are more demonstrative of their feelings than others. 

23 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I don't think anyone is expecting  them to win a ‘parent of the year award ‘ but there is a difference between being guilty of child neglect and being accused of murdering them,  which I imagine Dennys Yard is referring to. 

Absolutely this is what I meant.  

We all know that the parents were in the wrong and they have to live with this, so any closure either way is for the best.

It is the poor wee girl I feel sorry for, who through no fault of her own has had her life taken away from her.

That's my feeling too. There's something about this case that's always bugged me. Of course absolutely tragic what happened but how many other kids have gone missing over this time period without so much of a peep across any media? This is another example of privilege in every day action. 

On 6/5/2020 at 7:45 AM, Huddersfield said:

On 6/5/2020 at 7:45 AM, Huddersfield said:

To be fair in a civilised society if you leave a child in the house unattended the worst that should happen is the child injures themselves or burns the hoose doon