Season 20/21 - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Hearts v Dundee in the Championship opener. Whatever you think of the SPFL's ability to run the Scottish game, there's no denying their top trolling expertise.

Anne Budge versus John ‘ why the late vote” Nelms ? That is indeed top trolling

If I supported recently relegated for finishing bottom Heart of Midlothian, I’d be trying to get boardroom hospitality 👊👊👊👊👍 

14 hours ago, kumnio said:

SPFL have played a random blinder for Hearts, and screwed Dundee nicely.

Hearts get Dundee, ICT and Ayr at home twice and away once, most likely the top 4 teams in the league, with 14 home games.

Dundee get Hearts, ICT and Ayr at home once and away twice, most likely the top 4 teams in the league, with 13 home games.

Thats random as fuck.

That seems really unfair. If hearts finish top they should stay down because its really only 2 3rds of a season 😜😜😜

Edited by vanderark14

Really looking forward to tomorrow. The long hiatus has got me more excited about the start of a season than I have been in a long time. 

Actually starting with league games, rather than uninspiring European games, only adds to that excitement. 

A big game to kick off. Saturday night Sportscene. Good weather forecast. Meeting up with a few pals. Might even manage a beer garden pint. Only thing missing is actually going to the bloody game. 

Kilmarnock gaffer Alex Dyer admits he’s “gutted” at Hibs’ refusal to budge in their 
pay-per-view talks.

Rugby Park fans will be the only ones in the entire country unable to watch the big kick-off when their team plays at Easter Road

Although the SPFL are allowing clubs to sell one-off matches on a pay-per-view basis, Hibs have chosen not to take the option for the opener with the contest available only to their own season-ticket holders.

After months without action, it’s a desperate blow for the Ayrshire faithful and Dyer admits he’s disappointed at the decision with people desperate to get their football fix again.

He said: “I’m so sorry the supporters won’t be able to see the match, 
it’s disappointing  “I know the board were involved in talks and they were trying their best but Hibs are just not budging.

“Each club looks after their own, I don’t think we would have done the same but everyone has to do what they feel’s right for their club. They’re not worried about what’s right for Kilmarnock.

“The fans have been through the mill, they’ve missed that atmosphere of going to a game.

“Football is a release, people work hard all week and, whatever life’s thrown at them, they can come and watch the football.

“I’m gutted for the fans because I know they would have been desperate to see our first game of the season.

“But we will try and do our best for the supporters and ensure we get the right result for them.

“We just have to make sure we go there and put on a performance.”

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Is there a reason for Hibs doing this? It seems completely idiotic, turning away free money pretty much. 

I assume it's to avoid pissing off their season ticket holders, who've essentially payed £20/match for a stream at this point. 

37 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I assume it's to avoid pissing off their season ticket holders, who've essentially payed £20/match for a stream at this point. 

I'm a Killie season ticket holder and doesn't bother me in the slightest that we are offering streams for £12.50.

Same way it doesn't bother me that we sometimes reduce prices for one off games.

I want my club to get as much money in as possible in these times, Hibs are doing the opposite.

Don't know anyone who buys a season ticket as it's value for money. If you miss one or two games you are down for the season but it's more about paying money to the club if you can afford it.

Hibs are shafting their own fans who cannot afford a season ticket.

Any Motherwell fans on here, let me know how the stream goes tomorrow please. Ive no problem shelling out for their channel next week for the United game.

Users had a test stream last night in advance of the match and it looks good. Which is saying something as United’s ‘media team’ are usually abysmal.

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

Any Motherwell fans on here, let me know how the stream goes tomorrow please. Ive no problem shelling out for their channel next week for the United game.

Users had a test stream last night in advance of the match and it looks good. Which is saying something as United’s ‘media team’ are usually abysmal.

We’re on Sky on Monday night.

There were some problems with the Rangers friendly, but presumably that was being used as a trial to iron out any problems before the United game.