Season 20/21 - Page 60 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

A fellow poster twisting the intent of my original post - which was about football, and implied no criticism of Remembrance Day is well out of order.

For clarity - I take no offence whatsoever to Remembrance Sunday. Never have done, never will do.

However, I do take issue with Sevco's annual piggybacking of it for their own purposes. Clear?

Ok.  I will submit to your superior thoughts.  Just watched at half time the respect that both teams had for the fallen.  Exactly the same.  The same as all other football games in Scotland as far as I know.  Same as the Juniors yesterday.  But if you feel that is wrong then that is your view.  Not mines nor any decent person that I know no matter who they support or what colour or religion they are.  But you stand on sir and hate rememberence day for what ever your reasons.  I will keep mines and proud of all the teams who remembered this weekend.  Stand on.  

I still can’t comprehend why people who get so wound up by Rolling Hills don’t have him on ignore and stop engaging with him. 

Steering the thread back to the football if I can. Just the 8 goals for Rangers today and slightly disappointed we didn’t at least match Celtic’s 9 goal winning margin record. Still, we seem to be in the middle of a very good spell and have decent depth in the squad for the first time since about 2011. 

Hamilton have shipped 20 goals in their last 4 games and look in real trouble.  Never managed a shot at goal today never mind a shot at target. Losing them and gaining Hearts wouldn’t be the worst thing for the league. 

3 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I still can’t comprehend why people who get so wound up by Rolling Hills don’t have him on ignore and stop engaging with him. 

Steering the thread back to the football if I can. Just the 8 goals for Rangers today and slightly disappointed we didn’t at least match Celtic’s 9 goal winning margin record. Still, we seem to be in the middle of a very good spell and have decent depth in the squad for the first time since about 2011. 

Hamilton have shipped 20 goals in their last 4 games and look in real trouble.  Never managed a shot at goal today never mind a shot at target. Losing them and gaining Hearts wouldn’t be the worst thing for the league. 

A great reply from someone who said Rangers would go over the top with Poppy celebrations today.  All I did was that they wouldn't and bet him on that.  Well, guess what.  Rangers didn't as I predicted.  But he is right.  You are better not engaging with me if you canny take it.  Stand on.  I am the only Rangers supporter on here who sticks up for my team.

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Have you ever seen such a brilliant quote on here?  What is the difference between a shot at goal or a shot at target.  My my.  I realise now why he doesn't engage with me.

He is the Hugh MciIvenny of the football journalists.  That is actually up there with Charlie Nicholas 😀

18 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I am the only Rangers supporter on here who sticks up for my team.

Blocked. God knows why i didnt do this earlier.

Though we were execllent today. Started at pace and managed to keep it up. We also seem to have a good balance between the more intricate stuff, and the longer balls, which is where we struggled last season. Zungu looks to be a good addition n'all.

Now comes the bit we have to avoid injures/covid.... 14 away from our end. Celtic 15 possibly? 

14 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Blocked. God knows why i didnt do this earlier.

Though we were execllent today. Started at pace and managed to keep it up. We also seem to have a good balance between the more intricate stuff, and the longer balls, which is where we struggled last season. Zungu looks to be a good addition n'all.

Now comes the bit we have to avoid injures/covid.... 14 away from our end. Celtic 15 possibly? 

Aye, for all our good form we’re still only 3 ahead of Celtic if they win their games in hand and we will hit a dip in form at some point. Will be interesting to see if we can grind out wins when not playing well as that’s where we’ve fallen down the last couple of seasons. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I didnt think this section could get more bonkers till today 😂

Anyway i see celtic humped motherwell and rangers humped hamilton. Fantastic.

We still don't look like right at all. The next crisis may be soon. 

The huns on the other hand look better than last season and just as importantly settled. We can still win the league but it's going to require better than today. 

We’ve definitely improved. Biggest problem last season was the defence. We’ve conceded 3 goals all season and 2 of them in one game against Hibs. In fact in all competitions we’ve kept 16 clean sheets out of 20 so it’s clear to see where the focus has been during the close season. 

On 11/8/2020 at 5:10 PM, Rolling hIlls said:

A great reply from someone who said Rangers would go over the top with Poppy celebrations today.  All I did was that they wouldn't and bet him on that.  Well, guess what.  Rangers didn't as I predicted.  But he is right.  You are better not engaging with me if you canny take it.  Stand on.  I am the only Rangers supporter on here who sticks up for my team.

you talk pish

On 11/8/2020 at 7:16 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

Please

Get 

Tae

Feck

Honestly are there no mods on this site any more????it is a total joke and no wonder it is dying, or should I say dead. Two trolls just spouting shite to each other. Such a shame as I remember this board being pretty good a few years ago. 

15 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Hibs beating Dundee 1-0 currently in the League Cup.

Does anyone else think though that they should have abandoned the League Cup for this season ? I think they should have.

No because its hard enough for other clubs to win anything in scottish football without taking away.one of the best opportunities