Season 20/21 - Page 40 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

18 hours ago, Debian said:

I genuinely wonder at times what game Kevin Clancy thinks he is refereeing.  How the tackle on Morelos went unpunished is utterly baffling; the boy will receive a retrospective red on the back of a review.  

Straightforward result today with the Utd keeper with a great display (MoTM despite conceding 4) and stopping an absolute drubbing.  

On to midweek against the Imps in Gibraltar and then a very difficult away trip to the Hibees. 

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Expected a tougher match from Utd yesterday but it was a stroll in the park. The challenge on Morelos cannot go unpunished. I expect the compliance officer to do their duty. As for our injury list then its growing each week and is concerning to say the least.

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Still photos can make a tackle look worse but 😦

0_JS218707339.jpeg.9fad452479edcd51a06aa

Still photo looks bad, at full speed a complete nothing incident.

Morelos very unlucky to receive a bit of a freak injury.

Think the Dundee United boy would be harshly treated if he received any retrospective punishment for a challenge that would be a yellow at most.

Im undecided about the challenge, it was definitely a yellow card, possibly a red. But the reaction from the full time sectarian racist, part time snowflakes, about it is comical, poor wee innocent Alfie getting it again, its just fucking pathetic.

As for Michael Stewart, he was yet again spot on, and now on the receiving end of the usual pish from the double digit IQ brigade. Gerrard is a two faced tosser as well, he enjoyed giving it out, but was a world class diver.

Edited by kumnio

5 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Im undecided about the challenge, it was definitely a yellow card, possibly a red. But the reaction from the full time sectarian racist, part time snowflakes, about it is comical, poor wee innocent Alfie getting it again, its just fucking pathetic.

As for Michael Stewart, he was yet again spot on, and now on the receiving end of the usual pish from the double digit IQ brigade. Gerrard is a two faced tosser as well, he enjoyed giving it out, but was a world class diver.

Done Gary Naymith a cracker I remember. 

Aye some Rangers fans acting like you’ve never seen a tackle like it. 

Edited by ParisInAKilt

Think it was a bit of a freak injury. At full speed there looks nothing in it.

The witch hunt starting against Clancy and Edwards is uncalled for. Can completely understand him seeing an innocuous challenge without the benefit of replays and still pictures. At full speed looks a nothing incident.

If we are going to start penalising players for consequences rather than the challenge itself it sets a dangerous precedent. Every injury resulting in a retrospective ban?

8 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Think the Dundee United boy would be harshly treated if he received any retrospective punishment for a challenge that would be a yellow at most.

Nah, Its a bad one. Boy leaves his foot in. He knew what we was doing.

11 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Nah, Its a bad one. Boy leaves his foot in. He knew what we was doing.

9 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

The boy could have pulled out but it’s easier said than done sometimes, especially when you get excited 

Maybe tried to leave a bit on him? Scott Brown has made a career out of that. I’ve only seen one angle, and my reaction was very much “is that it?”

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m glad I don’t play 5s with you! 

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

You're at it. 

If that's the other way round Morelos is sin died and this board goes in to meltdown.  Jack was sent off for the same last season.

Full speed (watching live) you could see straight away the boy left his leg in and knew what he's doing.  

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Maybe tried to leave a bit on him? Scott Brown has made a career out of that. I’ve only seen one angle, and my reaction was very much “is that it?”

As much as i think it was a red, i did think it wasnt that bad.

Clancys view was blocked too

1 hour ago, Debian said:

You're at it. 

If that's the other way round Morelos is sin died and this board goes in to meltdown.  Jack was sent off for the same last season.

Full speed (watching live) you could see straight away the boy left his leg in and knew what he's doing.  

Clancys view was blocked, id assume there will be retrospective action becauase he missed it. 

I cant rememver any metldown on here over morelos,plenty of laughing at him for being a complete liability but no meltdown.

Was it really neccesary to bring on the stretcher for morelos? Even gerrard said.he has an outaide chance of making the game for thursday.

It was a small gash, the type most would carry on with. The likes of Terry Butcher, billy mcniel, sturrock and simmy would just patch up and crack on with the game

3 hours ago, Debian said:

You're at it. 

Aye but RFC would go through their customary appeals pantomime and get Morelos’s red card rescinded 😜

On 12/3/2017 at 10:24 PM, Debian said:

First thoughts were red, but after seeing the replay a few times, it is definitely not a red.  May shat the the tackle, and Jack would not be able to stop the momentum.  Rescinded all day long, and more questions to be asked of the referee's of Scotland.

On 9/12/2020 at 6:47 PM, Debian said:

I genuinely wonder at times what game Kevin Clancy thinks he is refereeing.  How the tackle on Morelos went unpunished is utterly baffling; the boy will receive a retrospective red on the back of a review.  

Straightforward result today with the Utd keeper with a great display (MoTM despite conceding 4) and stopping an absolute drubbing.  

On to midweek against the Imps in Gibraltar and then a very difficult away trip to the Hibees. 

18 hours ago, Debian said:

You're at it. 

Are we asking questions of the ref if he does send Edwards off or if he doesn’t? 😜

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Are we asking questions of the ref if he does send Edwards off or if he doesn’t? 😜

Difference being the rules actually show it's a red, at the time I didn't know that.  Good find though.

Dermott Gallagher on SSN (Ref Watch) actually said no red to Edwards, but said Jack's was.  go figure.