Season 20/21 - Page 36 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

39 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Im not an Aberdeen fan, but whenever I see them, they look like a team playing well below the players that they have. Or at least the names they have, its based primarily on reputation to be honest.

Ferguson, McGinn, Bryson, McGeouch, Kennedy, Hedges and even Wright should be good enough to create chances in midfield and out wide, but they play so slowly and almost without aim.

30 minutes ago, Farcity said:

Exactly and that's why so many want McInnes out but, on the face of it, results aren't bad enough for that to happen. As you say, most of those players are good enough and they would walk into almost every team in the league but they appear to be asked to operate well within themselves, it's good enough to beat most teams admittedly but it makes for painful viewing. 

Walter Smith brand football ?

Does McInnes by any chance cite Smith as being one of his biggest influences ?

1 hour ago, Farcity said:

It wasn't great but it wasn't as bad as was made out in my opinion. 

Regarding Dandydun, I couldn't agree more. That is everything that is wrong about McInnes. Two up and he tries to close the game down but with the likes of Taylor or McKenna at the back then a howler is rarely far away. Just let them play their game and bang in a few goals. Aberdeen seldom pump anyone. 

Hi weny through logan and didnt even get spoken to. At the very least that was a yellow, if it was red he couldnt complain.

Agree on mcinnes. He really doesnt like to take any chances, with the players we hace we should be dominating more. 

Watched United at the weekend and they played probably as well as the could but could easily have lost by three or four to Celtic playing below average.  

On the bright side they look capable of top six so get the honour of playing the OF 7 more times, not including cups, with the added bonus that any result will mean more to the other side of the OF than it does to themselves.

My wee lass is getting to the age I started going games but not spending £30 a game/ £350 a season ticket when we get back in to prop up a glorified coin tossing competition.   

5 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Watched United at the weekend and they played probably as well as the could but could easily have lost by three or four to Celtic playing below average.  

On the bright side they look capable of top six so get the honour of playing the OF 7 more times, not including cups, with the added bonus that any result will mean more to the other side of the OF than it does to themselves.

My wee lass is getting to the age I started going games but not spending £30 a game/ £350 a season ticket when we get back in to prop up a glorified coin tossing competition.   

I watched the game and was pleasantly surprised by Utd.  Ok Celtic dominated but Utd look a top six side (at the moment).

9 hours ago, Tiny Tim said:

He was a bit dramatic but I thought McInnes was right. No need for any more punishment.

You thought stalking the wrong person’s private family was the correct decision. Computer says no. Yours is in the post. 

6 hours ago, Robbo fae Ayr said:

Pleasantly surprised but her father and herself are Ayr United followers 

Cheers.

(Was making a joke about the upcoming 'suspensions', but good to know.)

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I actually think a 2 game ban would've been justified but I was expecting a lot more.

All comes back to making a rod for their back for any Celtic/Sevco future infractions.

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

What is the point of it being "suspended"? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Like saying " What's the point of a yellow card?"

3 hours ago, slasher said:

Bolingoli should have had the book thrown at him for recklessly endangering the season. Celtic should appeal this and get his ban doubled at least! 

:lol:

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Id just like to say thank you to Killie.

The DABs are quiet today, and brought down to earth. The amount of pish about the shed being back where they belong, has been nauseating. 

it wasn't really a 4-0 drubbing

Utd were poor against the counter and will struggle to be top 6 on that performance.

killie have been pish but Utd were pisher.