Season 20/21 - Page 34 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Brilliant result for United. Real buzz about the place with Mellon. Been years since there has been a good vibe from Tannadice. No issue chucking kids in a chance comes up.  Real confidence about the players now. Night and day from Neilsons dross. Yesterday was a game that Neilson would 100% have sent us out second half to hold out for the draw.  I cant believe we got £100,000 from Hearts for him. 😂😂👍

6 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Brilliant result for United. Real buzz about the place with Mellon. Been years since there has been a good vibe from Tannadice. No issue chucking kids in a chance comes up.  Real confidence about the players now. Night and day from Neilsons dross. Yesterday was a game that Neilson would 100% have sent us out second half to hold out for the draw.  I cant believe we got £100,000 from Hearts for him. 😂😂👍

"I'll be back at Tannadice one day, just you wait and see ...."

Craig Levein makes Hearts Championship prediction as he warns ...

Did Levein actually get an interview after Neilson left ? I know he was keen on a return.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

"I'll be back at Tannadice one day, just you wait and see ...."

Craig Levein makes Hearts Championship prediction as he warns ...

Did Levein actually get an interview after Neilson left ? I know he was keen on a return.

Nah. To be fair he is still quite popular at United  for the job he did previously but not many would have entertained a return. 

According to John Collins though, United should have driven to John Yogi Hughes door begging him to take the job 😂😂🙈

On 8/12/2020 at 4:33 PM, McTeeko said:

We’re completely powderpuff up front without Shankland. The young boy Chalmers struggled to get a game on loan to Arbroath last season so no expecting much from him just yet. Hopefully that deal for Norwood goes through, even if it’s just a season loan. 

Happy with the start though all things considered 👍🏼

Logan Chalmers was excellent yesterday. He has been knocking his pan in during the lockdown and is now being rewarded. The young lads now realise that they will get a chance under Mellon and are encouraged to grab it. Been years since our Academy has had an big impact on the first team but its starting to show now. Honestly think this Mellon appointment could prove a masterstroke 

Edited by Jim Beem

10 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Nah. To be fair he is still quite popular at United  for the job he did previously but not many would have entertained a return. 

According to John Collins though, United should have driven to John Yogi Hughes door begging him to take the job 😂😂🙈

Frighteningly, Hughes is still some people's idea of a "real fitba manager" - training consisting of push ups and laps round the track, then a burger and coke afterwards. Match tactics solely being "get it up ra park !!" to a hopeless target man who can't trap a bag of wet cement. All the while constantly screaming "ya big poof" and "ya wee fairy" at the top of his voice from the dugout at both the opposition and his own players.

That kind of shite held Scottish football back for decades whilst other similar sized nations got rid of thick cunts like Hughes.

15 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Frighteningly, Hughes is still some people's idea of a "real fitba manager" - training consisting of push ups and laps round the track, then a burger and coke afterwards. Match tactics solely being "get it up ra park !!" to a hopeless target man who can't trap a bag of wet cement. All the while constantly screaming "ya big poof" and "ya wee fairy" at the top of his voice from the dugout at both the opposition and his own players.

That kind of shite held Scottish football back for decades whilst other similar sized nations got rid of thick cunts like Hughes.

Ive heard hughes being described as real football man, ive never understood exactly what this mean but i assume it meams he really likes football.😂😂

40 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

quality post 🤣

1 minute ago, Fairbairn said:

Well, that was pish. In result, performance and entertainment value. Turgid I think the word is! 

How was Hagi? From what I’ve seen he’s not that key attacking midfield player that I thought Rangers needed. The rest of the team are pretty much the same so the difference needs to come from him. A bit like the boy at Man Utd has done.

Maybe I should be asking Scotty the question 😉

Morelos, described as a 'shadow' :lol: of his former self, obviously didn't feature in any scoring today, but his off the ball play was once again world class as he trailed Livi's defenders all over the park to provide his team with glorious chance after chance.

(I felt that the substitution was harsh, but then again his dinner was out.)

11 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

How was Hagi? From what I’ve seen he’s not that key attacking midfield player that I thought Rangers needed. The rest of the team are pretty much the same so the difference needs to come from him. A bit like the boy at Man Utd has done.

Maybe I should be asking Scotty the question 😉

Pretty non existent.  Got hooked after about an hour.  He's a tidy wee player but to be honest he's still dining out on those 2 goals against Braga,  Rarely influences a game.  We're crying out for a Barry Ferguson type player who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck.

21 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Pretty non existent.  Got hooked after about an hour.  He's a tidy wee player but to be honest he's still dining out on those 2 goals against Braga,  Rarely influences a game.  We're crying out for a Barry Ferguson type player who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck.

Well you look across at Celtic and see Scott Brown and Edouard and you think they’ll be the difference again this season. Both have the consistency and both have that ability to make the difference in those tight games.

If or when Celtic get the ten I can see both of them leaving. That’s when Rangers will have their best chance but by then Gerrard could be gone too. Sorry Fairbairn but I don’t think it’s looking good for you.

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

A reasonable summary 😂

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

😂😂

4 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Logan Chalmers was excellent yesterday. He has been knocking his pan in during the lockdown and is now being rewarded. The young lads now realise that they will get a chance under Mellon and are encouraged to grab it. Been years since our Academy has had an big impact on the first team but its starting to show now. Honestly think this Mellon appointment could prove a masterstroke 

Aye fair do’s, I maybe spoke to soon! Had a good game by all accounts. 
As a side note, the wee man is a Jambo and we had him at Tynie today for his birthday meal in the Skyline Lounge - it took me all my strength no to scrawl ‘Micky Mellon’s Tangerine Army’ on the back of the toilet door 😆🍉

18 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Aye fair do’s, I maybe spoke to soon! Had a good game by all accounts. 
As a side note, the wee man is a Jambo and we had him at Tynie today for his birthday meal in the Skyline Lounge - it took me all my strength no to scrawl ‘Micky Mellon’s Tangerine Army’ on the back of the toilet door 😆🍉

Hope the wee man had a good day. At least Hearts are getting some sort of income .😂

If the meal was rubbish take them to court. If it was good just take them to court anyway. They love a court case  

On 8/14/2020 at 9:50 PM, Redz said:

Hertz fuck ups had feck all to do with 8 sheep and 1 Tim thinking they were unaccountable months later

Fuck them and that dipped cunt too 

Glad you agree that Hearts had nothing to do with the 9 morons so you will also agree Hearts have been shafted once again. Glad to have you on board the Jambo bus. Signed Dipped cunt

15 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Hope the wee man had a good day. At least Hearts are getting some sort of income .😂

If the meal was rubbish take them to court. If it was good just take them to court anyway. They love a court case  

They've  been in court more times that a Roger Federer backhand.