Season 20/21 - Page 33 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I said they should forfeit the points too, or be forced to play with a weakened squad. Can’t see how they can make up a rule and then ban people that break it before hand. 

Yep, no one associated with AFC would disagree with that 

2 hours ago, dipped flake said:

The only club penalised for the Aberdeen and Celtic fiasco is Hearts. You honestly couldn't make up how inept and corrupt Scottish football is but the vast majority of clubs have shown by their actions that they are happy to go along with it all. Thankfully all this does is unite the Hearts support and ensure our club will come back stronger. 

Having your season and plans put on hold due to the actions of another club that had nothing to do with you ?

As a United fan, you’ll excuse my lack of sympathy for Hearts on this occasion, even though they have a point. Fuck them. 👍

8 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Having your season and plans put on hold due to the actions of another club that had nothing to do with you ?

As a United fan, you’ll excuse my lack of sympathy for Hearts on this occasion, even though they have a point. Fuck them. 👍

No no no, Hearts have some how borrowed the victim card and theyre not giving it back. 😂😂

9 hours ago, Redz said:

Yep, no one associated with AFC would disagree with that 

This is going to get ugly. It is scottish football after all.

The clubs have fined and punished their own players but that wont be enough for the media hacks and fans of other clubs. They all want blood. This time one of the big 2 are in the firing line and i just cant see celtic being punished heavily, especially this season. 

I preidict lengthy bans for every player involved and a financial penalty for the clubs. A points deduction would show some set of balls by the disciplinary committee and it would be the right decision for once. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Ive seen a few people bring up rangers in this debate. What actually happened against dundee united? Did they fail to test players?

They were tested, but there were stories of them playing the match before they received the results. 

2 hours ago, McTeeko said:

They were tested, but there were stories of them playing the match before they received the results. 

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

If they had we would have found out about it by now.  Both clubs aren't that stupid.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/rangers-fc-dundee-united-friendly-covid-19-coronavirus/

3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-motherwell-hibs-escape-sfa-22463659

They were cleared, as were Hibs and Motherwell. The confusion seemingly was due to the time of day when the previous round of tests were taken. The guidance was updated on the back of it.

16 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I said they should forfeit the points too, or be forced to play with a weakened squad. Can’t see how they can make up a rule and then ban people that break it before hand. 

I think being made to play the games with a weakened squad sounds reasonable (in Celtic's case it's arguable how much weakened they'd actually be!). If, for whatever reason, the teams in question can't fulfil the fixtures, then they forfeit three points to the opposition - where's the fairness in them being messed around when they've done nothing wrong?

Bringing in rules retrospectively to penalise clubs seems totally against basic justice.  Then again, it wouldn't be the first time this year Scottish football authorities have punished clubs for circumstances beyond their control. :whistling:

10 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I think being made to play the games with a weakened squad sounds reasonable (in Celtic's case it's arguable how much weakened they'd actually be!). If, for whatever reason, the teams in question can't fulfil the fixtures, then they forfeit three points to the opposition - where's the fairness in them being messed around when they've done nothing wrong?

Bringing in rules retrospectively to penalise clubs seems totally against basic justice.  Then again, it wouldn't be the first time this year Scottish football authorities have punished clubs for circumstances beyond their control. :whistling:

Plus if the games are played when fans are allowed back in the stadium, then they should be played behind closed doors. Then you dont get the clubs having the advantage of having fans back, and making money out of it.

Fulfilling the fixtures/ deductiing points is a hard one. What if the club does everything by the book, and yet infections still occur? We are still not 100% sure how the virus really spreads.

Celtic will be pretty fucked by this, unless they drop out of Europe/Scottish Cup at an early stage. The SPFL are already are on the verge of not having enough time to play the season. Plus, I doubt these will be the last lot of fixtures suspended.

13 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

This is going to get ugly. It is scottish football after all.

The clubs have fined and punished their own players but that wont be enough for the media hacks and fans of other clubs. They all want blood. This time one of the big 2 are in the firing line and i just cant see celtic being punished heavily, especially this season. 

I preidict lengthy bans for every player involved and a financial penalty for the clubs. A points deduction would show some set of balls by the disciplinary committee and it would be the right decision for once. 

I think playing the postponed games behind closed doors with a team, minus the dafties, would suffice personally

I feel Aberdeen would be disproportionately punished if the 8 players were suspended. What they did was a bit daft and bending the rules. They are a bit unfortunate to have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Had their not been a local outbreak, they’d have got away with it.

Bolingoli is one player, but what he did was on a whole different planet.

Better performance by Motherwell tonight from what I saw.

My main take on tonight’s game is that 530 KO is useless if you’re at home with young kids. 😂

Seen the disallowed goal given plenty tunes, be raging if it was given against us.

Hearts paying six figures for Neilson and  United getting both shot of him with Micky Mellon in place of him, makes Ann Budge United's MVP. 

Motherwell looked a lot better tonight. This may well be the year Accies go down. St Mirren will be fine. 

Mon Livi tomorrow and scelp Rangers 

10 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I feel Aberdeen would be disproportionately punished if the 8 players were suspended. What they did was a bit daft and bending the rules. They are a bit unfortunate to have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Had their not been a local outbreak, they’d have got away with it.

Bolingoli is one player, but what he did was on a whole different planet.

Celtic and some of their support will likely be hapoy if Bolingoli gets suspended. A lengthy suspension and fine from the SPFL will deter players from doing it again but at the same time the SPFL  dont need to cross swords with celtic