Season 20/21 - Page 172 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Celtic fans are a funny bunch….    A wee run and the try and lord it over everyone and think parkheac is the centre of the universe, best fans in the world pish.  When things are not going well… paranoia… refs are against us… sfa hate us… etc. has been forever this.   Have to say it did make me laugh when Jim farry “accidentally” lost Jorge cadette registration!

Still Champions !! 🖕

7 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Celtic fans are a funny bunch….    A wee run and the try and lord it over everyone and think parkheac is the centre of the universe, best fans in the world pish.  When things are not going well… paranoia… refs are against us… sfa hate us… etc. has been forever this.   Have to say it did make me laugh when Jim farry “accidentally” lost Jorge cadette registration!

That’s all been happening this season and they’ve been winning. 

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

That’s all been happening this season and they’ve been winning. 

For a club that has seemingly been subject to institutional bias and cheating since it’s inception, they seem to win a lot of trophies.

12 minutes ago, aaid said:

For a club that has seemingly been subject to institutional bias and cheating since it’s inception, they seem to win a lot of trophies.

are you talking about Celtic or Rangers?

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

are you talking about Celtic or Rangers?

Well as much as some of the statements coming out of Ibrox in the last decade have been embarrassing, I don’t think you can accuse Rangers of having an victim complex across their history, a superiority one you could argue about. 

1 minute ago, aaid said:

Well as much as some of the statements coming out of Ibrox in the last decade have been embarrassing, I don’t think you can accuse Rangers of having an victim complex across their history, a superiority one you could argue about. 

Pre 2012 you would be right but since liquidation they've caught up with the celtic fans for playing the victim

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Pre 2012 you would be right but since liquidation they've caught up with the celtic fans for playing the victim

Which is why I said “in the last decade”

Ive never fully understood the mindset of somebody that supports a dominant team. Ive always been drawn to the underdog or unpopular teams. 

Do Rangers and Celtic fans get huge enjoyment out of winning the league cup for example?

Ive got a mate who is a lifelong Man City fan and as much as he is enjoying life atm he says it goes somewhat against the grain.

20 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Oh, they were great sticklers for the rules two years ago. "Take your medicine", remember that? 

You'd think a club with such a long running grievance against the football authorities in Scotland that one of their fans once produced an actual feature-length documentary about how horribly treated they've been for time immemorial would decry the shambolic and underhanded way the SFA handled ending the league season early during the first Covid lockdown, and use its power and influence to broker a fairer outcome for everyone. Very surprisingly, though, they didn't.

Do you know, it's almost like that champions of the underdog, "club for oppressed people" schtick is just a put-on. 🤔

5 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Ive never fully understood the mindset of somebody that supports a dominant team. Ive always been drawn to the underdog or unpopular teams. 

Do Rangers and Celtic fans get huge enjoyment out of winning the league cup for example?

Ive got a mate who is a lifelong Man City fan and as much as he is enjoying life atm he says it goes somewhat against the grain.

Rangers and Celtic fans seem to just enjoy beating each other and winning things when the other isn't.  In that order.

The regular drubbings in Europe (outwith the occasional good run, like Rangers have enjoyed this season) don't appear to have taught them any humility either. Instead the focus just intensifies on who's going to win the latest iteration of a pathetic pissing contest that's been going on for 36 seasons uninterrupted.

Sorry if I already posted this but if van Bronckhorst  had been in charge for the whole season I don't think Celtic would have won the league. I guess we will see next season when both have the same start.

Edited by thplinth

16 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Well done Rangers.  Doing Scotland proud on the European stage.

Oh aye. Waving the butchers apron, St.George flags, rule Britannia, belting out GSTQ, and booing the Flower Of Scotland. Oh aye, doin Scotland proud awerite !!! Oh, I almost forgot battering fuck out each other, and whomever else dissnae cross their eyes and belt oot the sash. Tramps !!!🖕

9 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Oh aye. Waving the butchers apron, St.George flags, rule Britannia, belting out GSTQ, and booing the Flower Of Scotland. Oh aye, doin Scotland proud awerite !!! Oh, I almost forgot battering fuck out each other, and whomever else dissnae cross their eyes and belt oot the sash. Tramps !!!🖕

Ramy, grow up and give it a rest eh?

8 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Oh really? It's ok though for folk to have a go at me and continually go on about Celtic FC supporters? Awe naw... Not on fella. 

If you can't see that your constant tubthumping is a major contributor to that then I don't know what to say to you.  Over the last 24 hours you've responded to pretty much any post about Rangers with either something about Celtic or your own hatred purely for reasons of your own ego.  You hate Rangers, I get and we all do.  But how about letting those of us (fellow Scotland fans I'll mention again) have a discussion about them without you constantly chipping in with the same repetitive nonsense that offers nothing of any relevance to the conversation?

42 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

If you can't see that your constant tubthumping is a major contributor to that then I don't know what to say to you.  Over the last 24 hours you've responded to pretty much any post about Rangers with either something about Celtic or your own hatred purely for reasons of your own ego.  You hate Rangers, I get and we all do.  But how about letting those of us (fellow Scotland fans I'll mention again) have a discussion about them without you constantly chipping in with the same repetitive nonsense that offers nothing of any relevance to the conversation?

No bother FB, then the same wankers can stop the insults aimed at me and the Famous Glasgow Celtic.. Enjoy your weekend fella..👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

On 5/5/2022 at 1:39 PM, Diamond Scot said:

In one of their recent trebles they beat us in the L Cup Final, we never turned up at all so it was straight forward. When we got back to our bus there were already some Celtic fans back at their cars, didn't even stay for the presentation. Even when they clinched the title at Pittodrie a lot of them were walking out the ground 10 minutes later as if they'd just seen a 0-0. I guess that's why they both go about 10 in a row so much, not really anything else for them domestically.

3 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

eh….  Waving the Union Jack, singing GSTQ….  That’s because they are British?   Nothing wrong with being Scottish and Britishnd celebrating it.

you might find that your lot wave Irish flags? Scotland isn’t part of Ireland last time I looked.

13 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

eh….  Waving the Union Jack, singing GSTQ….  That’s because they are British?   Nothing wrong with being Scottish and Britishnd celebrating it.

you might find that your lot wave Irish flags? Scotland isn’t part of Ireland last time I looked.

What's so great about the Union Rag or a foreign royal family (what have they ever done for me ?) to me and many others they represent oppression and bloodshed.

19 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I will bite my tongue on this one. I do not wish to ruin this thread. I am Scottish, not British, and the queen and the royal family can get to fuck..