Season 20/21 - Page 165 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Just now, stirlish said:

I think that a lot of these 'newer' problems are coming from society as a whole.

it seems to me that it is 'hingers oan' and that the vast majority couldn't find ibrox on a map or tell you anything about past players or history.

I worked in Antisocial Behaviour and left as I felt it was getting worse and the younger generations had no concept of right and wrong. Parents had lost control and they were behaving like feral rats. and it was spreading at an alarming rate.

Rangers are no angels in this as I think they have let the 'no one likes us' crew gather a head of steam and they probably encouraged it to an extent.

The worst incidents are outwith the club, and this allows the Neanderthal element to have their day, then you have the political element, where they think your team defines your politics.

The situation as it stands now is that they are of the belief they are untouchable and this leads to the chaos before us.

what an absolute mess!

Good post.

1 hour ago, stirlish said:

I worked in Antisocial Behaviour and left as I felt it was getting worse and the younger generations had no concept of right and wrong. Parents had lost control and they were behaving like feral rats. and it was spreading at an alarming rate.

Respect to you for working in that line but I'm not sure the younger generation are any worse at all, I'd say they are actually more polite and respectful now than ever, there's also far less scheme fighting scheme, less broken glass and graffiti around compared to my youth (I'm admitting feck all by the way). I think we all look back with rose tinted specs on tbh. 

Edited by Och Aye

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I do not where to start with the desperate whataboutery in that post. And I was referring to things like racism within football being stamped out when I mentioned that things are changing. 

Carry on doing nothing, I really couldnt give a fook what happens to Rangers, my only interest is that their fans dont drag the rest of Scottish football with them on their race to the gutter. 

I have to agree with RH , the only people who will suffer are the other clubs. The Old Firm will get sufficient money from their home games. Its like putting a sticking plaster over the problem. The only way things will change is if the clubs and the supporters make a concerted joint effort.
If the problem supporters are in the minority as we keep getting told they are then there should be a way to eradicate them, but I’ve seen no evidence to suggest either have the appetite to try. Seems it is just too much like hard work.

Anyway I have said enough on the subject I will get back to my ironing and let everyone fight about something else 🙂

Rangers should start by banning the organisers of the march from Ibrox to George Square, Rangers pleaded with their fans not to take to the streets on Saturday yet an official Rangers fan group openly went against this and organised the march/gathering which the police had also refused to sanction. Make an example of these people who obviously think more of their own agenda than they do about to club they claim to love.

10 hours ago, stirlish said:

I think that a lot of these 'newer' problems are coming from society as a whole.

it seems to me that it is 'hingers oan' and that the vast majority couldn't find ibrox on a map or tell you anything about past players or history.

Rangers are no angels in this as I think they have let the 'no one likes us' crew gather a head of steam and they probably encouraged it to an extent.

The worst incidents are outwith the club, and this allows the Neanderthal element to have their day, then you have the political element, where they think your team defines your politics.

The situation as it stands now is that they are of the belief they are untouchable and this leads to the chaos before us.

what an absolute mess!

2 Timothy 3 (1-7)

Godlessness in the Last Days

"But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty.  For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. For among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions, always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth."

7 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

2 Timothy 3 (1-7)

Godlessness in the Last Days

"But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty.  For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. For among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions, always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth."

Don't think the Tim's are in a position to criticise too much. 

On 5/16/2021 at 6:00 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

To follow my previous post, I am disgusted with any element of my own club that sings about the IRA. It's disgusting and not a part of the Celtic Football Club that I support...

You've never said up the ra in your life?

17 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Respect to you for working in that line but I'm not sure the younger generation are any worse at all, I'd say they are actually more polite and respectful now than ever, there's also far less scheme fighting scheme, less broken glass and graffiti around compared to my youth (I'm admitting feck all by the way). I think we all look back with rose tinted specs on tbh. 

Taught in schools for over 5 years now and I would never have dreamed of speaking to teachers the way they do now.  So I totally disagree with you on that one. Too used to their parents sending them up to their rooms on xbox etc. Then you get the young hooligans like we saw on sat night organising a march/pass up on social media. You try teaching in  secondary school where you have to spend the first 15 minutes of a 50 minute class arguing with kids to take their jackets off or take their feet down from the table.  And if you say anything they get there mums  to fone the head teacher to complain that their child is being harassed and bullied by the teacher. Then the teachers go off with stress etc etc. So you are wrong imo. Same with police. The youth don't care and provoke them with mobile fonts etc. Anyway, rant over. The youth of today are not how I remember growing up.

15 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Fine the whole fuckin club. Deduct points, then maybe the vermin will behave. Doubt it though, more memorial benches will pay the price...

The club had nothing to do with that March as u know and actively discouraged it. But u want to fine the club because of what??  Because the club are all vermin too? Get over tour pish season and that the gers are back on top bhoyo. Stand on 👉

9 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Taught in schools for over 5 years now and I would never have dreamed of speaking to teachers the way they do now.  So I totally disagree with you on that one. Too used to their parents sending them up to their rooms on xbox etc. Then you get the young hooligans like we saw on sat night organising a march/pass up on social media. You try teaching in  secondary school where you have to spend the first 15 minutes of a 50 minute class arguing with kids to take their jackets off or take their feet down from the table.  And if you say anything they get there mums  to fone the head teacher to complain that their child is being harassed and bullied by the teacher. Then the teachers go off with stress etc etc. So you are wrong imo. Same with police. The youth don't care and provoke them with mobile fonts etc. Anyway, rant over. The youth of today are not how I remember growing up.

I forgot to mention mobile fones. A nightmare for a teacher. Again you spend half the lesson telling them to put them away.

8 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

So who is at fault here? The parents who behaved better in their youth but are shite at bringing their kids up now. 

2 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

So who is at fault here? The parents who behaved better in their youth but are shite at bringing their kids up now. 

Bit of both imo. But its the teachers that get caught in the crossfire. I have had kids coming in and sleeping because they have  even up all night playing games. Parents fault. But the attitude of some,  not all is atrocious.  No respect for elders or anyone in authority. I blame the parents and society as well.you just need to walk along the street and.see a.bunch of kids. Every one of them glued to their.fones with headphones.on

On 5/31/2020 at 3:20 PM, vanderark14 said:

This season will be the same as always. Celtic win it, 10 IAR 🙄. Statements galore. Yaaaaay

The only fixture i am sort of looking forward to is aberdeen at tannadice and rangers at tannadice. Aberdeen at utd is always a great atmosphere and if united beat the huns at tannadice i think i will piss my pants with laughter, thats assuming utd are still top of the list

How did that go VA?

24 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Bit of both imo. But its the teachers that get caught in the crossfire. I have had kids coming in and sleeping because they have  even up all night playing games. Parents fault. But the attitude of some,  not all is atrocious.  No respect for elders or anyone in authority. I blame the parents and society as well.you just need to walk along the street and.see a.bunch of kids. Every one of them glued to their.fones with headphones.on

So better behaved children who are brought up with respect for adults become shitty parents. Don't think the ratio of misbehaving kids to well behaved kids has changed much over the years. 99% of the arseholes I knew at school are still arseholes today. 

37 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

So better behaved children who are brought up with respect for adults become shitty parents. Don't think the ratio of misbehaving kids to well behaved kids has changed much over the years. 99% of the arseholes I knew at school are still arseholes today. 

Do one day in secondary class. Try and get them to behave, jackets off, phones away and feet down from the table. They tell u to fuck off. I don't know what school you went to but it never ever happened in my day.

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Do one day in secondary class. Try and get them to behave, jackets off, phones away and feet down from the table. They tell u to fuck off. I don't know what school you went to but it never ever happened in my day.

Just phoned the local high school, they won't let me! The arrogant fuckers I've a good mind to storm round there a destroy the place. I mean WHAT IS THEY'RE FUCKIN PROBLEM!!! 😡😡😡😡😡😡

4 hours ago, Flipping eck said:

You've never said up the ra in your life?

To be perfectly honest, I have not... I have sang "The Fields of Athenry" many a time years ago after Celtic v the huns with ma pals having a pint.. No harm in that.. Just havin a laugh. Folk in Ottawa haven't a fu kin clue what yir singing anyway.. 🤣🍺 I would never, and have never, belt out "Up The Ra" though, not my style..

2 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

stop_dont_come_back_willy_wonka.gif

Only looking and interested in facts scotty. If you don't believe what rangers have said before and after then that is up to you. Conversing with u is impossible because of your hatred. Just reminds me of conversing with OF fans of a similar mindset. I won't change your mind of hatred so I won't bother. Rangers asked the fans not to march and have condemned it since. Which part of facts are available to you in your mind?

23 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Sevco could eliminate the sectarian singing from Ayebrokes if they wanted to.

The effort so far has consisted of them lifting their baby finger.

Why the ayebrokes? U in denial yet again. Rangers are signing good players and invested last year. Doing the same this summer and have champions league money to look forward to as well as the champions of Scotland money. You are deluded kid. The big bears and big investors are there. Worry about your own team. Pick on ramy. He is easier so stand on 👉

31 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Sevco could eliminate the sectarian singing from Ayebrokes if they wanted to.

The effort so far has consisted of them lifting their baby finger.

You get people like you who are full of hate for the one club. And then wonder why the people of one club are going to react. I still don't get it. You have been on here for years teaching bible classes and yet preach hatred against a football club. Amazing. Hate is hate imo no matter what side. So. Going for a steak. Stop the hatred.  It is not healthy no matter about a football team.

2 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

To be perfectly honest, I have not... I have sang "The Fields of Athenry" many a time years ago after Celtic v the huns with ma pals having a pint.. No harm in that.. Just havin a laugh. Folk in Ottawa haven't a fu kin clue what yir singing anyway.. 🤣🍺 I would never, and have never, belt out "Up The Ra" though, not my style..

But you have laughed along when a fellow poster suggested a new song would be “Scotty McKenna joins the IRA” and have used terminology associated with the same group. 

Let’s not deny it isn’t your style, it’s been on here in black & white for all to see 😃