Season 20/21 - Page 159 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

8 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Some of the videos are genuinely proper nasty, fuck being a police officer and being exposed to that level of risk so some fans can celebrate winning a league 

There is one video where a pair of middle aged Rangers fans get a pasting from a younger Asian Rangers supporter. I did enjoy that one.

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

There’s times that I’m glad that Scotland is a pretty civil place to live. Then there’s times like last night, when I wonder what it would be like if the police were like they are in Spain, Mexico or Thailand. 

Rangers are a club based on hatred, violence and mental illness amongst fans. I don’t know how the tiny minority of normal Rangers fans can be arsed mingling with these morons. 

That is why I don't mingle but I won't give in to morons.  I only mention Celtic as a comparison in size of support.  I am friends with great Rangers and Celtic supporters whom I am proud to know, including my two brother in laws who are Celtic daft.  Bottom line is Rangers are hated on here and yes the bigotry started 100 years ago.  But there are some of us who don't give a shit about it.  And for Rangers part they have tried to stamp it out since Souness arrived.  But changing the mindset of the supporters will take a long time.  Sorry to bring Celtic in to it but one of my big Celtic pals often tells me that the Celtic fans are just a bad.  But don't get the press that Rangers fans do.  Whether he is right I don't know.  Deep conversation for a Sunday morning!!!  But no bigotry on this board which I am proud to say.

Just now, Rolling hIlls said:

That is why I don't mingle but I won't give in to morons.  I only mention Celtic as a comparison in size of support.  I am friends with great Rangers and Celtic supporters whom I am proud to know, including my two brother in laws who are Celtic daft.  Bottom line is Rangers are hated on here and yes the bigotry started 100 years ago.  But there are some of us who don't give a shit about it.  And for Rangers part they have tried to stamp it out since Souness arrived.  But changing the mindset of the supporters will take a long time.  Sorry to bring Celtic in to it but one of my big Celtic pals often tells me that the Celtic fans are just a bad.  But don't get the press that Rangers fans do.  Whether he is right I don't know.  Deep conversation for a Sunday morning!!!  But no bigotry on this board which I am proud to say.

Rangers haven't tried to stamp anything out. They've encouraged it or stayed silent, they're very selective on the type of bigotry they condemn

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Rangers haven't tried to stamp anything out. They've encouraged it or stayed silent, they're very selective on the type of bigotry they condemn

Orange Dutch strips, the fuckers profit and encourage it. Rangers club and fans love bigotry, it’s what defines them. 

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Ach c'mon man.  Rangers came out last week and told fans not to congregate.  They never encouraged it or stayed silent so you making that up.  Or am I a lying rat?

Rangers issue title party statement as club plead with fans to stay 'safe and sensible' - Daily Record

1 minute ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Ach c'mon man.  Rangers came out last week and told fans not to congregate.  They never encouraged it or stayed silent so you making that up.  Or am I a lying rat?

Rangers issue title party statement as club plead with fans to stay 'safe and sensible' - Daily Record

I was referring to bigotry not yesterday's ridiculous behaviour

Let's see how rangers react today. 

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I was referring to bigotry not yesterday's ridiculous behaviour

Let's see how rangers react today. 

I am referring to RFC.  The support will be bigoted forever IMO.  But the club have introduced new statements etc since Souness that they are a club for all.  I even think Gerrard is Catholic but don't know as I don't care.  You cannot change over 100 years of two sets of fans disliking each other through religious bigotry.  That is simple history and won't change overnight.  God, VA, I was down in Peebles the other night and discussing with strangers about the Covenanters and The Killing Times in Scotland.  Religious bigotry goes back a long way in this country, far before the OF came along.  

13 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I am referring to RFC.  The support will be bigoted forever IMO.  But the club have introduced new statements etc since Souness that they are a club for all.  I even think Gerrard is Catholic but don't know as I don't care.  You cannot change over 100 years of two sets of fans disliking each other through religious bigotry.  That is simple history and won't change overnight.  God, VA, I was down in Peebles the other night and discussing with strangers about the Covenanters and The Killing Times in Scotland.  Religious bigotry goes back a long way in this country, far before the OF came along.  

Bigotry has exited for 100s of years so we should just accept it. That's basically what you are saying.

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Bigotry has exited for 100s of years so we should just accept it. That's basically what you are saying.

No and you know it.  Bigotry happens all over the world not just here.  I am a Burns man and treat everyone the same.  I will always argue against it and when I started the Sons of Wallace I used to get pushed in to debates on a Saturday night with both sides of the OF.  So no.  I didn't accept it.  Anyone who knows me will tell you that.  But here is the crux VA which I mentioned after my father got buried before xmas.  I went to my home town for the burial and it was the same old stuff.  I am British not Scottish etc etc..  I used to be able to argue with that but can't be bothered anymore.  I will never ever change their minds.  Same with the club next door.  They would never join us as it sounded like Sons of William.  You couldn't make it up.  I was hated by both sides of the OF.  But rose that club to over 100 members despite everything.  Maybe getting old now but I know that I will never change these peoples minds.

12 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Wild scenes from George Square. 

0% surprised. 

I was in the toun early-mid afternoon yesterday and even at that point it was starting to look like Zombie Apocalypse does Last Night of the Proms.

What a mess they've made of the place.  🙁

9 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Offended? By what exactly? Think you just made that part up, more laughable by a Celtic fan being outraged by behaviour that Celtic fans have been guilty of for years, but funnily enough, you won’t mention that. 

Care to remember seats being trashed at most away games as the fans celebrated 10 in a row?

Just remember, if you’re going to mention Aberdeen, show us a bit of respect as you’ll forever be in our shadow

A few years ago Celtic fans trashed seats at Firhill because they lost a youth cup final!

It's not inconceivable that if Celtic had won the league this year, in the circumstances we are in, something along the same lines as yesterday would have happened.

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Some of the videos are genuinely proper nasty, fuck being a police officer and being exposed to that level of risk so some fans can celebrate winning a league 

The polis get a hard time from some people, sometimes with a degree of justification, but when you see what they have to actually deal with...I couldn't do their job, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

There’s times that I’m glad that Scotland is a pretty civil place to live. Then there’s times like last night, when I wonder what it would be like if the police were like they are in Spain, Mexico or Thailand. 

Rangers are a club based on hatred, violence and mental illness amongst fans. I don’t know how the tiny minority of normal Rangers fans can be arsed mingling with these morons. 

They get the fright of their lives if they tried to pull that shit in any of those places! :lol:

That's the thing about living in a liberal democracy - most of the time it's great but unfortunately, sometimes, some cunts will just rip the arse out of it and ruin things for everyone.

If we had proper football authorities who weren't lodged firmly up the fundament of the Old Squirm, we might see;

- Old Firm plc (2012 Branch) docked 50 points for the Covid-breaching thuggery of their BritNat Union Jackist charmer fans in each of the three or four times they celebrated one league win

- Old Firm plc (1888 Branch) docked 50 points for the Covid-breaching thuggery of their charmer fans when gathering to stone their own team bus and demand the head of Mr Lennon.

The would be fun. That would learn them. Or maybe not.

Can Rangers be penalised for this ? The only way these morons will change is if it hurts their club. Even that is debatable but I cant see any other way. 

Probably not as they seem to get away with murder. The last time was bad enough but for this to happen again so soon afterwards is totally inexcusable. Glasgow remains in level 3 , businesses unable to operate properly yet these fuckers do what they want. The whole club should  hang their head in shame. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

What celtic fans would do is irrelevant,you can't confirm how they would have behaved. Anyone bring them into this is trying dilute the behaviour of that support

Thanks, of course, you're quite right. I was mulling over whether Rangers fans are somehow unique. There's plenty of examples of bad behaviour from other scottish teams. However, it seems to me that there are some sections of Rangers fans who remind me of others south of the border, like England, Millwall, Leeds who have a 'everybody hates us and we don't care' attitude. And play up to it, because that is what is expected of them. Of more concern to me, as I mentioned, is the impact of all of this on our EURO games.

10 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Can Rangers be penalised for this ? The only way these morons will change is if it hurts their club. Even that is debatable but I cant see any other way. 

Probably not as they seem to get away with murder. The last time was bad enough but for this to happen again so soon afterwards is totally inexcusable. Glasgow remains in level 3 , businesses unable to operate properly yet these fuckers do what they want. The whole club should  hang their head in shame. 

How can Rangers be held responsible for the behaviour of loonies that they are not responsible for.  Same with any other club.  They cannot be held accountable for the support that is there.  I really dont want to mention this but I will.  Does AFC get penalised for Dons supporters getting wrecked in Union Street and singing about the Ibrox Disaster?  No.  because that is not the clubs fault lady.  Anyhoo.  Off to McDonalds to sober up from my celebrations.  Still got the iron if you are interested 👍

13 minutes ago, Montrose97 said:

Thanks, of course, you're quite right. I was mulling over whether Rangers fans are somehow unique. There's plenty of examples of bad behaviour from other scottish teams. However, it seems to me that there are some sections of Rangers fans who remind me of others south of the border, like England, Millwall, Leeds who have a 'everybody hates us and we don't care' attitude. And play up to it, because that is what is expected of them. Of more concern to me, as I mentioned, is the impact of all of this on our EURO games.

Agree here.  Absolutely.  

34 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Can Rangers be penalised for this ?

Should be made to play behind closed doors for the next season.

The SFA have tolerated their violence and bigotry for too long, only swift severe action will make a difference. I don’t think they care though, there’s too many rancid fuckers involved.

I’d like to see the SNP stopping flights from Belfast at certain times as well, there’s videos of vermin on flights, coming over for the ‘party’. 

Just reading through this thread, and I wont lie, I am disturbed by what I have read. Some folks branding Celtic fans as the same, Celtic are no different, is highly offensive. It is prejudicial and highly unconstitutional to speak about my club in this manner. We won trebles, league after league, cup after cup, and no trouble, no broken  benches, no square Go's amongst ourselves, no riot police called in,  we did it with dignity. The rangers support should be punished accordingly. They are a disgrace, time and time again..   Celtic went to Seville with nearly 2 million supporters, we LOST the match, but not one arrest was made.. I rest my case. Thank you...

'How can Rangers be held responsible for the behaviour of loonies that they are not responsible for'

Rangers jerseys?

Union Jacks?

Celebrating (for the third or fourth time) our club winning the (one) league?

Jolly Hanoverian folk songs being sung?

The same fellers we weakly urged not to breach Covid restrictions before the game?

Nope. Clearly nothing to do with us. Slope shoulders. I blame the SNP and wee diddy teams.