Season 20/21 - Page 149 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, mr mojo risin said:

Just used 1985 as the obvious timeline, Portugal have had 4 Champions since 2001 although Porto & Benfica are threatening to make it as boring as Scotland. 

Sporting Lisbon are top and undefeated atm.

Braga are in second 9 points behind them.

Porto are 3rd and Benfica 4th.

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

39 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Correct.

Aye.  Not just for OF.  I think it is a load of crap.  Rangers players won't be bothered.  Celtic players will be clapping through gritted teeth.  Same with every other clubs.  Whoever came up with that idea probably thought it was a nice idea and I get that.  But not for me.

41 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Just doesn’t seem to happen for fraser at Newcastle . I assume if they go down he will be off again 

The very definition of the self centred, arrogant, modern day player. Gets cut plenty slack on here cos he started out with the sheepworriers 🙄

Just now, slasher said:

The very definition of the self centred, arrogant, modern day player. Gets cut plenty slack on here cos he started out with the sheepworriers 🙄

I don’t think he does, he gets plenty of negative comments for his continued pulling out of squads, as for the Bournemouth debacle, he was rightly criticised. He doesn’t seem to be someone that you can rely on, not even a little bit. 

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I don’t think he does, he gets plenty of negative comments for his continued pulling out of squads, as for the Bournemouth debacle, he was rightly criticised. He doesn’t seem to be someone that you can rely on, not even a little bit. 

Na. Forrest and McBurnie have had 10 times the stick he's had, maybe because they turn up? 

13 minutes ago, slasher said:

Na. Forrest and McBurnie have had 10 times the stick he's had, maybe because they turn up? 

I don’t rate Forrest for Scotland, but he is committed and always turns up, he has never matched his Celtic form for Scotland sadly. I’d say he gets slagged for that, and that alone. 

Fraser got a good bit of abuse for what he did to Bournemouth, and it was completely justified, wee snake. 

McBurnie should stay in Sheffield, save everyone the bother. 

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

I don’t rate Forrest for Scotland, but he is committed and always turns up, he has never matched his Celtic form for Scotland sadly. I’d say he gets slagged for that, and that alone. 

Fraser got a good bit of abuse for what he did to Bournemouth, and it was completely justified, wee snake. 

McBurnie should stay in Sheffield, save everyone the bother. 

Forrest hit a purple patch for a few games under McLeish. Agree with you re McBurnie. As for Fraser, you seem to be one of the very few Scotland fans who cares about the circs in which he left Bournemouth. 

8 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

Forrest hit a purple patch for a few games under McLeish. Agree with you re McBurnie. As for Fraser, you seem to be one of the very few Scotland fans who cares about the circs in which he left Bournemouth. 

They way he left meant he couldn't play for Scotland. Or, maybe it just gave him another excuse?

21 minutes ago, davierobbsagod said:

May be an image of outdoors

This is plastered on the bridge over Holburn street (for all the Aberdeen posters)

Seen that. They dont care about us, but went down to pittodrie and took photos with it, albeit wearing masks as they didnt have the bottle to show their faces 😂😂

On 3/12/2021 at 12:32 PM, shaggycoo said:

Correct.

When did they even become a thing?

I'm sure they were always just for testimonials?

Fair enough maybe if one of them was to win a European Trophy, but for winning something domestically, it just seems silly.

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Seen that. They dont care about us, but went down to pittodrie and took photos with it, albeit wearing masks as they didnt have the bottle to show their faces 😂😂

I think they should be commended for being Covid compliant! 

12 hours ago, dandydunn said:

.The worst type of rangers fan is one from the north east of Scotland and they are the worst winners you will l find in football

On 3/12/2021 at 10:12 PM, slasher said:

I disagree fraser gets it in the neck regularly on here, I’m one of those who thinks he’s a selfish prick who fucked over his own team mates at Bournemouth.

24 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I disagree fraser gets it in the neck regularly on here, I’m one of those who thinks he’s a selfish prick who fucked over his own team mates at Bournemouth.

he was and the end of his contract and Eddie Howe asked him to to sign a six game contract and the wee prick refused 

8 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

he was and the end of his contract and Eddie Howe asked him to to sign a six game contract and the wee prick refused 

And when he was linked to arsenal he openly admitted to downing tools.

1 hour ago, wheres the pies said:

To be fair to him, would’ve Bournemouth picked up any of his wages for the next 3 years if he’d had a serious injury and no other club would sign him in that extra 6 games? 

Just playing devils advocate, not saying he was right or wrong to do what he did.