Season 20/21 - Page 147 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I am just going a walk with dog along the Tweed.  Every bench there has a wee memorial plaque on it which is lovely.  I always stop and have a look.  If there were memorial benches broken at George Square then that is shocking.  I would guess it would be a bunch of neds jumping up and doing the Bouncy.  I would hope it wouldn't be deliberate but obviously don't know.  But they are getting replaced seemingly (which doesn't excuse i).  Loonies meeting up in this time.  After the game on Sunday I walked along to the shop and ended up with a bottle of prosecco.  Back to house and watched Netflix.

The players ran to the gates after the St Mirren match to celebrate / entice / encourage the continuation - Management were hanging out windows doing exactly the same - That's bang out of order, irresponsible, and needs making an example of

Had any other team won the championship their clubs, at the very least, would be openly telling their support to fuckin behave - They certainly wouldn't be cheerleading the cunts on 

1 hour ago, Return of Yermaw said:

The approach he uses is actually a skilled approach in political debating called Gish Gallop, perfectly embodied by Trump in television debates where he releases a succession of lies, misrepresentations, unrelated and often bizarre counter-points in response to a simple straightforward issue that reflects badly on him or his party. The advantage of the approach is that it is impossible to counter all these lies or respond to the bizarre seemingly comparisons in a debate and therefore the root of the actual issue is often lost whilst unrelated (often false) counter points are landed. 

I read about it after one of the Hillary/Trump debates and it is quite an effective yet infuriating and underhand approach that seemed to have been first employed and/or perfected by a Duane Gish during evolution debates. 

Of course with all the evidence there is of his stupidity, I would suggest that it is not being used on this forum intentionally. 

You are giving him way to much credit, he's just a sad lying baffoon.

This Gish thingy seems to be a common behaviour in all walks of life now. If your methods depends on a fair amount of deceiving then playing the victim or at least totally deflecting works bloody well. 
I don’t think it takes much intelligence to decide if it works for political parties, the royals and business then why not sport.

just look at that Celtic management comment about ‘Old Firm ! What Old Firm ? ‘ . 
I don’t doubt those doing it think they’re being clever ‘cos they can get away with it but it’s only because half of folk are below average intelligence. 

my favourite is that half the old firm support doesn’t believe/ realise that at board level they actually are best yoon buddies.*

*no offence to Paisley or St Mirren

oh , and RH . Shakes Head emoji, ya wanker

It’s inevitable that some of the Glasgow City Council clean up workers were Rangers supporters, so...

Edited by Shaundy
Above comment

Total titles won

Titles won by club (%)

Rangers – 55[h] (44.0%)

Celtic – 51 (41.1%)

Aberdeen – 4 (3.2%)

Hearts – 4 (3.2%)

Hibernian – 4 (3.2%)

Other clubs – 7[h] (5.3%)

As of 7 March 2021

Absolute shambles of a domestic league and no “remarkable achievement”.  They must find a more competitive set up.

9 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

He is just an annoying  cunt...

Maybe you now know how the rest of the board felt with all the boooommmmssss, yaldis, irrelevant posts with each passing game, threads all over the place, ending sentences with HH, referring to your children or dog as your bhoys, a 10IAR celebration for about 3 seasons and a general disrespect to the rest of Scottish football supporters every time Celtic won another trophy  

But now the shoe is on the other foot, you’re sulking, as many predicted would happen, so it’s quite fun to see. 

21 minutes ago, JECK said:

Total titles won

Titles won by club (%)

Rangers – 55[h] (44.0%)

Celtic – 51 (41.1%)

Aberdeen – 4 (3.2%)

Hearts – 4 (3.2%)

Hibernian – 4 (3.2%)

As of 7 March 2021

Absolute shambles of a domestic league and no “remarkable achievement”.  They must find a more competitive set up.

While the SPFL may be at the extreme of this, it's not uncommon for leagues in small-medium sized countries to be dominated by two or three clubs.

Uruguay if anything seems to be slightly worse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruguayan_Primera_División#Titles_by_club

Edited by aaid

44 minutes ago, JECK said:

Total titles won

Titles won by club (%)

Rangers – 55[h] (44.0%)

Celtic – 51 (41.1%)

Aberdeen – 4 (3.2%)

Hearts – 4 (3.2%)

Hibernian – 4 (3.2%)

As of 7 March 2021

According to Douglas park, Rangers winning the league is:

“I am at a loss as to what more Rangers Football Club could have done to limit the reaction to winning our historic 55th league title. It has been widely accepted amongst the football family that this is one of the greatest modern day sporting achievements and I believe that this should not be downplayed.

Edited by sbcmfc