Season 20/21 - Page 144 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

By jings the Old Firm take 'D You Know Who We Are?' to ridiculous lengths.

Rangers should be stripped of the title and relegated to League Two for the thuggery of their supporters.

And Celtic should also be relegated for their similar behaviour when they all turned up to lynch Lennon.

10 hours ago, stocky said:

Rangers now writing a letter of complaint to the Scottish Govt cos they were  ' unjustly' critisised by John Swinney about the celebrations...

Deflect deflect deflect

That's the only reason they writing to the government. 

The old firm circus rolls on

42 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Deflect deflect deflect

That's the only reason they writing to the government. 

The old firm circus rolls on

Aye it is Rangers fault.  Do you think it would be AFC's fault and their supporters all met up Union Street if won the league for the first time in years?  Not the fault of the club.  They should condemn any violence but still not the fault of the club.  Scotland supporters in 77 destroyed Wembley and we think of that as a laugh.  Broke the goalposts.  Rangers fans broke a couple of chairs which I am assuming was for too many dancing on them.  And the Rangers supporters are paying the council to get them fixed or replaced.  At this time of Covid I condemn it as well but I would defy any sets of supporters on here to say a section of their fans would be out celebratng.  If it was Celtic for example there would have been 100000  in George Square.  And does the club get blamed for that???

30 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

If it was Celtic for example there would have been 100000  in George Square.  And does the club get blamed for that???

Yes. Don't you remember Neil Lennon saying his club were being unfairly treated by the government a few weeks ago? Your clubs mindsets are so identical it's frightening. 

2 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Yes. Don't you remember Neil Lennon saying his club were being unfairly treated by the government a few weeks ago? Your clubs mindsets are so identical it's frightening. 

I am in agreement.  But can you blame the club is all I am saying.  I was speaking to friends and there were fireworks going off all over Scotland on Sunday.  What can the club actually do to prevent that?

They should have came out with a stronger message. That's all that is being asked of them. Gerrard has learned a lot on addressing the public but he's got a bit to go. Considering the situation he was being asked about (mass gathering during a pandemic) him referring to football fans as having years of 'hell', considering what some people have been through in the past year, is clumsy at best. 

Edited by Och Aye

4 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

They should have came out with a stronger message. That's all that is being asked of them. Gerrard has learned a lot on addressing the public but he's got a bit to go. Considering the situation he was being asked about (mass gathering during a pandemic) him referring to football fans as having years of 'hell', considering what some people have been through in the past year, is clumsy at best. 

yep - a clear an unequivocal statement asking fans not to gather on Saturday. Preventing players and manager from engaging with fans who had gathered in breach of C-19 restrictions on Saturday would also have been a reasonable step. Then clear messages from the club stating that any gathering on Sunday by fans would be in breach of current restriction rules and would be considered acts of extreme selfish behaviour. The club could also have said on Sunday that on ignoring their advice and wish, the club wishes to denounce those "fans" who met and marched to the city centre and also be critical of the vandalism that ensued. 

But apart from this, what possibly could the club have done? 

22 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 did gerrard honestly say their fans have been through hell? If so, he is a fuckin tool.

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Aye it is Rangers fault.  Do you think it would be AFC's fault and their supporters all met up Union Street if won the league for the first time in years?  Not the fault of the club.  They should condemn any violence but still not the fault of the club.  Scotland supporters in 77 destroyed Wembley and we think of that as a laugh.  Broke the goalposts.  Rangers fans broke a couple of chairs which I am assuming was for too many dancing on them.  And the Rangers supporters are paying the council to get them fixed or replaced.  At this time of Covid I condemn it as well but I would defy any sets of supporters on here to say a section of their fans would be out celebratng.  If it was Celtic for example there would have been 100000  in George Square.  And does the club get blamed for that???

Fuck off with your Celtic agenda. Just accept your mob is disgusting and cant behave themselves anywhere they go. Pathetic deflection..

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Ok I’ll bite, what the feck is Wembley 77 got to do with it?

Didn’t see mass gatherings and Covid breaking celebrations when Scotland qualified for a tournament for the first time in 23 years. 

Some families can’t attend the funerals of loved ones, but Rangers aren’t condoning their fans behaviour. 

28 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 did gerrard honestly say their fans have been through hell? If so, he is a fuckin tool.

to be fair he probably meant it within the context of football rather than wider life - at least I hope he did.

Even then to describe a fan base as having gone through hell on account of their club's actions compounded by the fan's own inactions,  well that may be considered by some to be a bit of a stretch .....

Just with regards Mcinnes and gerrard ,lets rewind 3 years, swap their transfer/wage budgets (plus all that team of coaches rangers managed to employ) We’ll see who’s the messiah then. Wish folk would see what this “remarkable achievement” for what it is. Far too many folk just lap it up senselessly. You get what you pay for, end of.

17 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

to be fair he probably meant it within the context of football rather than wider life 

Yes absolutely. 

And to be fair to him in interviews he did later when going over the same questions he did say I need to choose my words carefully. 

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

‘Couple of chairs’ ? They were memorial benches. Even by your trolling standards that is lazy and disrespectful . 

Any decent Rangers fan I have spoken to has condoned the actions of the fans, the  players and Gerrard for encouraging them, and the inaction of the club to make any statement condemning the fans. 

I dont deny fans of many other clubs would be celebrating, but I dont know of many who would be smashing in the shop doors of their rival,  brawling in the street and wrecking memorial benches. 
Rangers have a problem in an element of their fan base and the club has  done nowhere near enough to try and eradicate it. This is the result. Your emphatic victory has been overshadowed by events off the pitch as usual. 

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

‘Couple of chairs’ ? They were memorial benches. Even by your trolling standards that is lazy and disrespectful . 

Any decent Rangers fan I have spoken to has condoned the actions of the fans, the  players and Gerrard for encouraging them, and the inaction of the club to make any statement condemning the fans. 

I dont deny fans of many other clubs would be celebrating, but I dont know of many who would be smashing in the shop doors of their rival,  brawling in the street and wrecking memorial benches. 
Rangers have a problem in an element of their fan base and the club has  done nowhere near enough to try and eradicate it. This is the result. Your emphatic victory has been overshadowed by events off the pitch as usual. 

Well said..

7 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Aye?

Who?

7 minutes ago, GSbraveheart said:

Majority of rangers fans are horrible horrible people

So many of them have crawled out from the cracks, all the fans who have been to 1 rangers game in there lifetime giving it the big one,

fuuuuds

Don't talk absolute pish.

56 minutes ago, GSbraveheart said:

Majority of rangers fans are horrible horrible people

So many of them have crawled out from the cracks, all the fans who have been to 1 rangers game in there lifetime giving it the big one,

fuuuuds

Hope that was a fishing trip as it didn't take long?! 

48 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

50 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Correct.  He will be on the cannytakeit.com.  Brilliant to see the bile come out again though!!!  They just cannot take it that Rangers are back with a bang.  Still in Europe and won the league at a canter.  Glory Glory.