Season 20/21 - Page 136 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

53 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Thats quite a take 😂

Im quite happy with my assessment of the man, certainly dont have to explain myself to some tedious, snide cunt. He wallows in his own mock outarge often enough with out me adding to his already fragile mental state. As his last, and next few posts will confirm. 

You’re becoming my new favourite poster, talking about me on different threads, but think everyone else has the problem. You have issues with how folk post, but behave the same way yourself. Thick as fuck really, but you stay on the moral high ground, we’ll be able to see you looking down on us easier. Utter bellend. 

Edit: I think he’s a bigot because someone told me so 😂😂😂

What a 🚀

Edited by dandydunn

13 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Nobody on this forum is accusing you of being a bigot because you support rangers, that's just daft. If that's the case, then every rangers supporter on here would be classified a bigot, which is 100 percent false. Just sayin like.....

Thanks Ramy.  I ddi get called that last week on here though and that is the one thing that gets to me.  Call me anything they want on here and I will take it.  I can be a dick as we all can at times but never a bigot.

16 hours ago, slasher said:

I suppose it comes down to whether you subscribe to the old adage 'if ye flee wi' the craws, ye get shot wi' the craws'. 

I know a few orange Lodge members who would tell you that they are not bigoted. They are in it for the social side, the cameraderie or the charity work or whatever. It's a claim that rarely stands up to any real scrutiny in my experience however. 

Jim (hope you don't mind me calling you that, just that I have your book next to the bed still!!).  When myself and my pal started the Sons of Wallace in 1999 you should have seen the hassle I got going out on a Saturday night.  The Rangers fans, probably about 80% in the Dale used to argue that they wouldn't join as Wallace was a catholic.  When replied that they were all catholics then.  Their reply was I well we worrny!  It was 99% good banter but I knew I was never going to change there minds.  I used to like a wander on a Saturday night and my brother in law used to drink up in the St Anthony's pub where all the Celtic guys were.  Again, everyone knew me so never a bit of hassle.  But when I was asking them (with a few sherries in me of course) why none of them were joining the Sons of Wallace.  They replied it was because it sounds like the Sons of William.  I couldn't win.  You think I get hassle on here?  You should have taken a walk around the Dale with me on a Saturday night.  But as I say 99% was a good laugh and I gave as good as I got.  Same when I went to Tully's sometimes after work.  The manager John said I was the only Rangers supporter that dared to go in there.  But again, never a bit of hassle.  You take folk as you find them.

10 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Mind when this thread was about football...

Agree with you there.  I think it has got worse because of lockdown.  Bored out of yer shull so wishing to chat about anything.  Talking about football I got my yearly coupon up on Sunday.  It was only £58 but it is always good to get one up a season.  Crap at coupons so delighted I won at last!!  Wait until next season.  My ambition is to get two up!!!

2 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Agree with you there.  I think it has got worse because of lockdown.  Bored out of yer shull so wishing to chat about anything.  Talking about football I got my yearly coupon up on Sunday.  It was only £58 but it is always good to get one up a season.  Crap at coupons so delighted I won at last!!  Wait until next season.  My ambition is to get two up!!!

You're one of the main reasons football isn't discussed on here. 

On 3/1/2021 at 7:57 AM, Rolling hIlls said:

Jim (hope you don't mind me calling you that, just that I have your book next to the bed still!!).  When myself and my pal started the Sons of Wallace in 1999 you should have seen the hassle I got going out on a Saturday night.  The Rangers fans, probably about 80% in the Dale used to argue that they wouldn't join as Wallace was a catholic.  When replied that they were all catholics then.  Their reply was I well we worrny!  It was 99% good banter but I knew I was never going to change there minds.  I used to like a wander on a Saturday night and my brother in law used to drink up in the St Anthony's pub where all the Celtic guys were.  Again, everyone knew me so never a bit of hassle.  But when I was asking them (with a few sherries in me of course) why none of them were joining the Sons of Wallace.  They replied it was because it sounds like the Sons of William.  I couldn't win.  You think I get hassle on here?  You should have taken a walk around the Dale with me on a Saturday night.  But as I say 99% was a good laugh and I gave as good as I got.  Same when I went to Tully's sometimes after work.  The manager John said I was the only Rangers supporter that dared to go in there.  But again, never a bit of hassle.  You take folk as you find them.

I'm at a wee bit of a loss as to why you feel the need to justify yourself to me, its really not necessary RH. 

Just now, slasher said:

I'm at a wee bit of a loss as to why you feel the need to justify yourself to me, its really not necessary RH. 

No bother.  Just don't like upsetting anyone on here and when I do I always apolgise.  I think I am making the effort with you as we both worked at Ravenscraig,  That is all.  I am sure you knew many guys that I did.  You should be proud of that book and hope you write more.  I keep thinking about doing one as well but you have actually done it.  I wrote 2 at Motherwell College but just academic crap which went to all the colleges in Scotland.  Goy paid £3 grand each for them but boring as fuck.  Did you say you are writing another one?

4 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

No bother.  Just don't like upsetting anyone on here and when I do I always apolgise.  I think I am making the effort with you as we both worked at Ravenscraig,  That is all.  I am sure you knew many guys that I did.  You should be proud of that book and hope you write more.  I keep thinking about doing one as well but you have actually done it.  I wrote 2 at Motherwell College but just academic crap which went to all the colleges in Scotland.  Goy paid £3 grand each for them but boring as fuck.  Did you say you are writing another one?

I've written a bit but I'm not in the right head space just now, too much going on.