Season 20/21 - Page 131 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Interesting that Motherwell could be without as many as 17 players for tomorrow nights St Mirren game.

The St Mirren game that was called off due to their Covid breaches and them not having a big enough squad to fulfil the fixture as a result, the one that the SFA/SPFL wasted 3 months of free midweeks deciding what to do with, then planned in the busiest spell of the season.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Interesting that Motherwell could be without as many as 17 players for tomorrow nights St Mirren game.

The St Mirren game that was called off due to their Covid breaches and them not having a big enough squad to fulfil the fixture as a result, the one that the SFA/SPFL wasted 3 months of free midweeks deciding what to do with, then planned in the busiest spell of the season.

17?! Have they all got something else on? Former team mate's birthday party or something? 😂

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Some of them are long term, like Carson, Fox, Donnelly, Dunne, but was reported as 18 on Saturday, with O’Donnell returning from suspension.

Showing 11 on the official site.

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/club/team-news/

I fear the worst mate. Players don't looked committed to me. I like Chris Long's grumpy attitude but don't think I've see him or anyone else trying to rally the team. Can you imagine Scott McDonald accepting that on the pitch? Even Lasley is just hanging back on the touchline. I'd have thought he'd have been booting water bottles about by now. The teams around us just look more up for it 😕 

Thats part of the problem in the west coast of Scotland. People think singing songs in support of terrorist organisations is ok cause its at the fitba or that it doesnt mean they want people dead etc. These organisations killed people. Men, women and children. Any use of slogans or songs to support them indirectly supports their actions.

Any respectable grown adult behaving in this way needs to have a long hard look at themselves.

These organisations should be held in disregard. Anybody singing songs or using phrases to support should be called out and questioned. Unfortunetly they have become so tied up in our 2 biggest football teams that people cant see the wood for the trees.

4 hours ago, Och Aye said:

I fear the worst mate. Players don't looked committed to me. I like Chris Long's grumpy attitude but don't think I've see him or anyone else trying to rally the team. Can you imagine Scott McDonald accepting that on the pitch? Even Lasley is just hanging back on the touchline. I'd have thought he'd have been booting water bottles about by now. The teams around us just look more up for it 😕 

Agree with that.

Frustrating for tomorrow night we will be without more players than St Mirren would have been for the original fixture, the difference being they had all these players unavailable as they were not following Covid protocols. 🤷‍♂️

38 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Thats part of the problem in the west coast of Scotland. People think singing songs in support of terrorist organisations is ok cause its at the fitba or that it doesnt mean they want people dead etc. These organisations killed people. Men, women and children. Any use of slogans or songs to support them indirectly supports their actions.

Any respectable grown adult behaving in this way needs to have a long hard look at themselves.

These organisations should be held in disregard. Anybody singing songs or using phrases to support should be called out and questioned. Unfortunetly they have become so tied up in our 2 biggest football teams that people cant see the wood for the trees.

@Big Ramy 1314 thinks it’s just a laugh.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Beautifully put, but it’s only “banter” remember, murder is a laugh as long as you follow one or the other 🙄