Season 20/21 - Page 128 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

3 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

It was a poor game though.  Still, looking on the bright side I am looking forward to the remaining two OF games.  Rangers got lucky the last game but still look forward to them as I am sure you and Ramy do.  

To me it is still the greatest derby in the world.  The league is beyond Celtic now but the OF game means a lot to both sets of supporters.

5 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

It was a poor game though.  Still, looking on the bright side I am looking forward to the remaining two OF games.  Rangers got lucky the last game but still look forward to them as I am sure you and Ramy do.  

I rarely look forward to them but am always relieved when they are over. Next one is on my wedding anniversary and there was one the day we were married (hopefully the same result). 😀

I'm sure Mrs Slasher will be delighted 😂

1 minute ago, slasher said:

I rarely look forward to them but am always relieved when they are over. Next one is on my wedding anniversary and there was one the day we were married (hopefully the same result). 😀

I'm sure Mrs Slasher will be delighted 😂

I got married on 8th October 15 years ago.  And that was a Scotland game and almost every year since that is the International weekend.  Bad planning!!  Maybe why I am divorced now 👍

25 minutes ago, slasher said:

Re last nights penalty appeal, I've definitely seen those given. I don't agree with it and I actually think Kamberi cleverly plays for it but they are more often given than not these days. You can understand why McInnes was raging when we got a fk on the edge of their box in the 2nd half in a carbon copy of the incident. 

Rangers got 2 penalties like that in one game at fir park earlier in the season. 🤷‍♂️

44 minutes ago, slasher said:

Re last nights penalty appeal, I've definitely seen those given. I don't agree with it and I actually think Kamberi cleverly plays for it but they are more often given than not these days. You can understand why McInnes was raging when we got a fk on the edge of their box in the 2nd half in a carbon copy of the incident. 

Ferguson was quite rightly booked for persistent fouling and definitely left a bit on Bain at the end. However I'm not sure it was enough for a second yellow. Yet again Lennons changes failed to improve us. He needed to change the system in the second half to regain control of the midfield but persisted with the diamond until very late on. If the Scottish Cup really is dead then the end of the season can't come soon enough for me! 

If the penalty was given against Aberdeen I would have felt hard done to, but how can he give one without giving the other as they were identical.

15 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

If the penalty was given against Aberdeen I would have felt hard done to, but how can he give one without giving the other as they were identical.

Why can't they keep the game simple?  If it hits your hand it is a foul.  If it is in the box it is a penalty.  No room for a referee to call a judgement.  Crazy.  But I suppose the SFA have to abide by UEFA rules.  Down to a subjective call by the referee.  Football should be a simple game.

That’s not the case, the new rules are not as straightforward as you suggest RH.

It always had to be deliberate, but the definition of deliberate had become so warped they brought in this nonsense about being outwith the silhouette or whatever the rule is.

A black and white hits your hand or not would remove the grey area, but leaves an opening for players to engineer handballs, blasting the ball at players waist high from point blank range.

Edited by sbcmfc

10 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

That’s not the case, the new rules are not as straightforward as you suggest RH.

It always had to be deliberate, but the definition of deliberate had become so warped they brought in this nonsense about being outwith the silhouette or whatever the rule is.

A black and white hits your hand or not would remove the grey area, but leaves an opening for players to engineer handballs, blasting the ball at players waist high from point blank range.

So it comes down to the refs interpretation then.  But probably that is right tbh.  Problem is us fans will always agree to disagree.  If it goes for your team you will agree and if different you will disagree. Refs have a hard job!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Redz said:

Identical 'handball's' last night and 2 different outcomes

Difficult right enough 🙄

You have no idea Redz.  It is some job and you have to make difficult decisions all game.  As I have said on here I did it once in an emergency and never again.  Everyone hates you. (Bit like me on here really).  But it is a difficult job and instant decisions are made in every game the way the ref sees it at the time.

I don't know if you have ever refereed Redz but by god it is a difficult job.  Eyes in the back of your head, judgement calls and being the hatred figure.  The only thing I would suggest is that they get a bit of humour and engage with the players more.  I think that is what is lacking.  Remember Gascoigne finding the yellow card on the park and holding it up to the ref.  A great bit of humour which fans like.  The ref booked him for that with a face that looked like a horse in the huff.  I coach my School team and the refs speak to them as if they are a piece of dirt.

4 hours ago, slasher said:

Yes.

St. Mirren recently got a penalty against us when the opposition player and the ball were even closer to our player (Hoban) and Tommy's arms were even in a more 'natural' position than Celtic's defender.

There are 'self-serving' calls for consistency, but this one is legit.

4 hours ago, slasher said:

Ferguson was quite rightly booked for persistent fouling...

Then Soro escaped the same fate.

4 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

that's twice you have said that - it was actually a good game and quite entertaining. It was open for long periods with both teams breaking up attacks and immediately going on the attack themselves. Aberdeen should have taken a point from it. 

11 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

that's twice you have said that - it was actually a good game and quite entertaining. It was open for long periods with both teams breaking up attacks and immediately going on the attack themselves. Aberdeen should have taken a point from it. 

I agree Aberdeen should have taken a point and wished to hell they would have.  I had £20 on the draw.  But disagree that it was entertaining.  Hardly a shot at goal from both sides.  Rangers have been the same in last couple of games so not being biased.

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Yes.

St. Mirren recently got a penalty against us when the opposition player and the ball were even closer to our player (Hoban) and Tommy's arms were even in a more 'natural' position than Celtic's defender.

There are 'self-serving' calls for consistency, but this one is legit.

Then Soro escaped the same fate.

Ferguson committed 6 fouls in the game and Soro just 2, so clearly you are quite wrong. 🤔

Edited by slasher

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Ferguson committed 6 fouls in the game and Soro just 2, so clearly you are quite wrong. 🤔

Aye, the ref called it down the line. Lets go by his stats. :roll eyes:

Ferguson won the ball (off his chest/chin) and was about to take a shot, only for the ref to call it back for a (non-existent) handball. 

Celtic got the calls, Aberdeen didn't.

It's just how things are going for us at the moment.

20 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Aye, the ref called it down the line. Lets go by his stats. :roll eyes:

Ferguson won the ball (off his chest/chin) and was about to take a shot, only for the ref to call it back for a (non-existent) handball. 

Celtic got the calls, Aberdeen didn't.

It's just how things are going for us at the moment.

Let's stick to the facts not the inane ramblings and opinions of some armchair fan (rolls eyes) . You can't book someone for persistent fouling after just 2 fouls as you intimated. 

I know you go to extraordinary lengths to prove you're right from past experience but you're plain wrong here end of story. 🙄

Edited by slasher

12 hours ago, slasher said:

You can't book someone for persistent fouling after just 2 fouls as you intimated. 

I didn't.

I'm simply stating that Soro got away with uncalled fouls, and if they were called then he'd be in the same boat as Ferguson.

If you want to go by facts, Aberdeen were never awarded a penalty (which has nothing to do with the 'fact' that they should have had one).

12 hours ago, slasher said:

Let's stick to the facts not the inane ramblings and opinions of some armchair fan (rolls eyes) .

More 'inane ramblings'...

FACT - Celtic are 15 points behind Sevco (having played the same number of games).

FACT - Celtic have 2 games left v Sevco this season.

FACT - 15 points minus 6 points = 9 points

FACT - Celtic dropped 9 points in January alone.

FACT - At least Aberdeen have an outside shot at third. :P

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

I didn't.

I'm simply stating that Soro got away with uncalled fouls, and if they were called then he'd be in the same boat as Ferguson.

If you want to go by facts, Aberdeen were never awarded a penalty (which has nothing to do with the 'fact' that they should have had one).

FACT - Celtic are 15 points behind Sevco (having played the same number of games).

You are assuming Celtic will win the two OF games then Scotty.  When Rangers, sorry Sevco have won the last three.  Don't think so Scotty 👍

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

I didn't.

YOU DID. 

YOU DIDN'T SAY ANY OF THAT

INANE RAMBLING AGAIN 

CORRECT 

CORRECT 

CORRECT 

WRONG AGAIN - CELTIC DROPPED 12 PTS IN JANUARY 

MAYBE SO, I'M NOT SURE HOW IT'S RELEVANT TO OUR DISCUSSION THOUGH. 

You are now using a scattergun approach to muddy the waters of our discussion. Sometimes it's easier just to admit you were wrong rather than doubling down on nonsense. It happens to the best of us 🙅‍♂️

6 hours ago, slasher said:

You are now using a scattergun approach to muddy the waters of our discussion. Sometimes it's easier just to admit you were wrong rather than doubling down on nonsense. It happens to the best of us 🙅‍♂️

What was I wrong about?