Season 20/21 - Page 116 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

9 minutes ago, slasher said:

Both clubs should challenge these stupid charges. They can't keep to their own rules now! 

its unreal. 'We are not re-refereeing games' as you re-referee games. 

I actually wouldn't have an issue with this if it was consistent. It not. Its a mess.

Edited by Stu101

1 minute ago, Stu101 said:

its unreal. 'We are not re-refereeing games' as you re-referee games. 

I actually wouldn't have an issue with this if it was consistent. It not. Its a mess.

The Roofe one is straight forward. The ref saw it and called it from 5 yards away. They should demote the incompetent prick instead of trumping up a charge. 

Ajeti should not have been charged either. There has to be clear evidence of simulation for them to fast track a disciplinary. Anyway close up footage I've seen backs up the penalty award. 

You couldn't even trust them with VAR. They've had days to get some cases right and still made a cunt of it. The whole refereeing fraternity needs ripped apart and re-knitted. 

3 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Ref apparently said he never seen the challenge. Despite booking Roofe. 

How is that even possible? Booking on the advice of the assistant maybe. From the footage he is lookimg straight at it and blows for the foul without assistance. 

Maybe he is saying he say the foul but didnt see that it was over the top.

Roofe should get his ban.

1 minute ago, dipped flake said:

Not really sure what poster's problems are? Roofe was a definite red card and the other was a clear dive. Only real issue is that, once again, the OF get away with it during the game.

You ever reffed a football game?  I did once an Amateur game at Harthil.  The ref never turned up so they asked if I woud do it.  Aye no bother says me.  Never again.  You need eyes in the back of your head.  You players and fans disagreeing with every decision.  Including me when I played.  So I have sympathy if a ref makes the wrong call during a game.  That is why I believe that having someone like the panel come in handy.  Of course Roofe should be handed a two game ban now.  But I don't blame the referee for it.  VAR should be introduced imo at the top level.  Anyway C'mon the Well today!!

A charge each off the back of Rangers call for consistency is either sad or funny, I can’t decide which.

Think the Roofe one looks worse on second viewing to most people, looks (to me) like he has intended to hook the ball, but been blindsided by Davidson and straightened his leg instinctively to “defend” himself. Stick on red, but regularly see similar incidents given as yellow or completely missed and ignored.

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

You ever reffed a football game?  I did once an Amateur game at Harthil.  The ref never turned up so they asked if I woud do it.  Aye no bother says me.  Never again.  You need eyes in the back of your head.  You players and fans disagreeing with every decision.  Including me when I played.  So I have sympathy if a ref makes the wrong call during a game.  That is why I believe that having someone like the panel come in handy.  Of course Roofe should be handed a two game ban now.  But I don't blame the referee for it.  VAR should be introduced imo at the top level.  Anyway C'mon the Well today!!

Harthill. Bet the home team got a few decisions that day 😉

46 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

A charge each off the back of Rangers call for consistency is either sad or funny, I can’t decide which.

Think the Roofe one looks worse on second viewing to most people, looks (to me) like he has intended to hook the ball, but been blindsided by Davidson and straightened his leg instinctively to “defend” himself. Stick on red, but regularly see similar incidents given as yellow or completely missed and ignored.

Football is a subjective game same as all sports.  Consistency is impossible.  Go down to the pub on a Saturday night and everyone is saying it should have been a penalty.  It was offside.  He should have been sent off!!!  Makes it our beautiful game and why we love it.

37 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Why can you no just let me suffer in peace, cling on to hope, pray in privacy. This is devastating for me to go through, so have a heart, and show some human kindness to a follow poster and mate.. I thank you....🙏😥

Here is a wee song for you pal.

(273) Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache (Official HD Video) - YouTube

3 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Totally agree mate, but still want Lennon gone.. HH

I know it's been really disappointing I think his obnoxious attitude got everybody offside but I like your KEEP THE FAITH STYLE mate HAIL HAIL 

Edited by jcs