Season 20/21 - Page 108 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

What’s the script with hooking Turnbull all the time?

Is it to vindicate Lennons own assertion that he wasn’t fit enough? Or does he just trust his old guard more?

Seems to get hooked most games, even though he looks far more likely to contribute than others.

I like Callum Mcgregor as a player (except when he dives at fir park), but is he Celtic captain material?

Substitutions have been baffling for a while. The last 2 players who should have been coming off last night were Ajer and Turnbull then he brings on 2 dribblers in Frimpong and Johnstone on a snow covered pitch, leaving a £5m striker on the bench when you need a goal. That's before you even get the pointless cameo from Brown. He's floundering hopelessly and needs taken out of the position rapid! 

Re your point about McGregor being skipper, I don't have an issue with it. If you saw his post match interview on Saturday you can see he's got a tongue in his head and wasn't afraid to give an opinion. He needs to stay out of his own box though, he has no defensive instinct and has easily cost us about 8 goals this season getting in the way of defenders. 

9 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I have it on good authority that Lennon is going no where unless he resigns. His contract is the only reason he has not walked. He is staying on for the ££££, nothing more.. Arrogant prick... 

I think that’s pretty standard. Why would he walk away from a contract.

Presume he’s on the 12 month rolling contract Celtic have used previously? Why would he walk away from over £2 million?

31 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I have it on good authority that Lennon is going no where unless he resigns. His contract is the only reason he has not walked. He is staying on for the ££££, nothing more.. Arrogant prick... 

Why would he walk if he thinks he has done nothing wrong?

15 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Presume he’s on the 12 month rolling contract Celtic have used previously? Why would he walk away from over £2 million?

Well, that's the 2 million pound question. Lenny has said his entire life that he loves Celtic, his boyhood heroes. If that's the case, then walk away and do what's best for your childhood club which you are currently destroying. But no, it's all about money, same as Rodgers. I have not one fucking ounce of respect left for that prick, or the board for that matter.... I will love Celtic till the day I die, we have had it good, you take the good with the bad, that's football, but the current manager and the board are to blame for the mess we are in.. Fuck off the lot of them...

20 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

He's not on £2m a year, less than half of that. It's nearer 850k or so..... all the more baffling why we don't just cut him loose 🙅‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Ramy.  No team in the world can go on winning everything.  You think you love your club more than Lennon does?  Even though he played, captained and managed them twice?  But you love them more than him?

Congratulations. The daftest fuckin post I have read in months..🎖🎖🎖

2 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Difference is, Desmond is not paying me £850,000 a year tae completely destroy our club.. Follow me now? And yes, I do love Celtic FC more than Lennon...😛

Acht well, if you love Celtic more than Lennon then that is that.  I didn't know that Celtic were completely destroyed though.  When did that happen?

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

Arbroath v Dundee game was better than last weeks Liverpool v Man United.  I only deal in facts 

I kicked an auld crisp poke on my way to work on Wednesday.....that was better than liverpool man u 

On 1/21/2021 at 7:59 AM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I have it on good authority that Lennon is going no where unless he resigns.

I have it on good authority that you got bulleted for 30 days again on pusbook for calling WillFaeSwindon a pikey. 🤣