Season 20/21 - Page 106 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

9 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

They were getting less in “the hampden year” than they expect for cup finals these days.

😂

this too.

Being able to physically attend games is the only way they'll sell tickets next season.

The hampden year do you know how many half wits boycotted hampden because it wasnt at the aviva, I was at Parkhead when wee maloney scored, me n the Mrs were just below the corporate in the Jane field street stand, "the old jungle" were I spent my childhood Saturdays n were called orange bastards because we went nuts when scotland scored, please don't associate me with at nonsense I know where I come from. I'm scottish n proud of it,. Celtic fans who've never set a foot in Ireland n Rangers fans who've only ever been to Blackpool n think there English 

Edited by jcs

Just to add too my last post met 4 of the nicest Irish lads you'll ever met in a wee pub just down from Parkhead that night n took them to campus on sauchiehall Street, they kept in touch after that night  n then they returned the favour in Dublin n took us to the schoolhouse Hotel  in BallsBridge walking distance from the aviva, now thats what football is about

Edited by jcs

28 minutes ago, jcs said:

I wasn't trying to be a dick when sayin maybe you don't remember. I'm fortunate, I remember as a young teenager when the league was exciting at the start of the season thinking who's going to win the league,  John Hewitt superb sub v real Madrid, Dundee utd with Jim McLean at the helm, he knew how to give his players a kick up the arse, hairdryer treatment your having a laugh, rushing home from school to watch roma v Dundee utd, Scotland being 1 of the favourites to win in Argentina. The shite celtic and rangers produce now its a joke. I was spoiled as a young un, at the time I didn't know it but that really was a golden age age in scottish football, maybe your right but in my opinion what fucked scottish football was the season ticket, there were season tickets for the privileged few but for most it was pay as you go

I'm experienced enough (old) to remember those times as well, potentially 3 sometimes 4 teams in with a chance of winning the league, 3 great european competitions which teams wanted to win. Scotland qualifying for tournaments without having to go through play offs, great footballing times.

The Bosman ruling, agents, greedy disloyal players & shite television deals ruined Scottish football, throw in uefa & fifa's football for the elite rich club's plan & their corruption in deciding where CL finals & world cups are played has gone a long way to ruining football.

Most of all the idiots in charge of the game in Scotland have continuously screwed it up through mismanagement & self interest/preservation, how on earth do we need so many governing bodies to manage football in a country the size of Scotland.

12 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

I'm experienced enough (old) to remember those times as well, potentially 3 sometimes 4 teams in with a chance of winning the league, 3 great european competitions which teams wanted to win. Scotland qualifying for tournaments without having to go through play offs, great footballing times.

The Bosman ruling, agents, greedy disloyal players & shite television deals ruined Scottish football, throw in uefa & fifa's football for the elite rich club's plan & their corruption in deciding where CL finals & world cups are played has gone a long way to ruining football.

Most of all the idiots in charge of the game in Scotland have continuously screwed it up through mismanagement & self interest/preservation, how on earth do we need so many governing bodies to manage football in a country the size of Scotland.

Spot on, we've went that far down the rabbit hole that it can't change n for me that's not football 👍

13 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Bosman was a disaster for certainly the National Team but basically all clubs were complicit in that.

Essentially it was a double whammy, young promising players left on Bosmans -initially to go to the continent as intra-UK transfers weren't initially within the scope of Bosman - for more money.   Most if not all of these moves were disastrous as for one reason or another they didn't kick on and that potential was never realised.   

In contrast, the clubs replaced them with more experienced but , ultimately, not any better players from Europe on the cheap.   Every club did this to one degree or another.  

16 minutes ago, aaid said:

Bosman was a disaster for certainly the National Team but basically all clubs were complicit in that.

Essentially it was a double whammy, young promising players left on Bosmans -initially to go to the continent as intra-UK transfers weren't initially within the scope of Bosman - for more money.   Most if not all of these moves were disastrous as for one reason or another they didn't kick on and that potential was never realised.   

In contrast, the clubs replaced them with more experienced but , ultimately, not any better players from Europe on the cheap.   Every club did this to one degree or another.  

Ultimately cost young  Scottish players their chance of coming through the lad Gauld where is he now

Edited by jcs

3 minutes ago, jcs said:

Ultimately cost young  Scottish players their chance of coming through the lad Gauld where is he now

I think that players moving abroad and to England and it not working out is the lesser part of the problem, its that they're not - or in that past haven't - being replaced by the next wave of young players but rather what are essentially journeymen players from other countries.

There needs to be a balance.   England went through the same problem although with their larger pool of available players, they could compensate more.

11 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Awwww, is the poor little Celtic fan hurt 😢

Just think of all the times the last 4 years when Celtic were winning everything that you were gloating to those same workmates and laughing in their faces like your captain regularly does. 

Celtic fans the world over were needing taken down a peg or two, but admittedly, no one knew it was coming from their own team, management & board in such spectacular fashion. 

You’re quite rightly pissed off at all of this, but believe me, the rest of Scottish football find it fucking hilarious 😂😂😂

Its going to bw like 2012 again but this time it will be celtic playing the victim card

Somedae needs to sneak up behind Lennon wae a hanky soaked in chloroform.. I just cant believe the nerve of that man. I dont think he can dig a hole any deeper. Question is, why is he still at Celtic?. Its absolute madness to allow him to have anything to do with my Historic club anymore....

1 hour ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Somedae needs to sneak up behind Lennon wae a hanky soaked in chloroform.. I just cant believe the nerve of that man. I dont think he can dig a hole any deeper. Question is, why is he still at Celtic?. Its absolute madness to allow him to have anything to do with my Historic club anymore....

But Broonie says he was right to say what he did so what's the issue...:wtf:

10 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

But Broonie says he was right to say what he did so what's the issue...:wtf:

Lennon has been loyal to Broony over the years, even when Broony was not on form, Lennon still played him. Broony is showing his loyalty back, and as the Celtic captain, I understand it. Dont fuckin agree with it, but that is football I suppose.. 

47 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

It’s an all weather pitch. Be a farce if they’re allowed that shite pitch and can’t get a game on with a dusting of snow.

Expect it will go ahead after losing the Aberdeen game last week they’ll be desperate to get it on.

I don't know what it is like in Livingston just now but the Borders is covered in snow and still snowing heavy.

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Pitch was clear for the last 2 Aberdeen games. It’s the actual ground under it that seems to be the problem, as it was frozen solid for those 2 games. 

yeah, its an awful awful pitch. Just saying that the snow has now been lifted. No idea it its playable

1 hour ago, Stu101 said:

yeah, its an awful awful pitch. Just saying that the snow has now been lifted. No idea it its playable

If it doesn’t go ahead tonight, the pitch should be ripped up immediately and they’re forced to play all games away from home. 

51 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

If it doesn’t go ahead tonight, the pitch should be ripped up immediately and they’re forced to play all games away from home. 

McLean contradicted himself last week - He said that ice was formed under some areas of the pitch and that an earlier inspection would have made no difference - It was pishing with rain, the temp will have reflected that, then there's the forecast to look at - He just couldn't be bothered

Celtic tonight though - They'll be bothered enough to have it playable....