Season 20/21 - Page 105 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is anybody surprised that Lennon has acted this way. Its been his MO as a player and as a manager. 

The only difference this time around is that the team isnt performing. If Celtic were still in Europe and the title race then Celtics fans would be rallying round him like all the other times.

He has totally misread the feelings of the supporters this time around and it has only damaged his long term relationship with the fans. 

Is it not enough that celtic and lennon have embarrassed all the celtic fans on the pitch now he wants to embarrass us of it, I wish he would shut his mouth n try n do the job he's paid for, it's OK for him in his wee celtic bubble, some of us have  to go to work n listen to the fans of other clubs laughing at us n quite rightly so. His comments yesterday were total garbage, he was acting like a ginger Donald trump

1 hour ago, jcs said:

Is it not enough that celtic and lennon have embarrassed all the celtic fans on the pitch now he wants to embarrass us of it, I wish he would shut his mouth n try n do the job he's paid for, it's OK for him in his wee celtic bubble, some of us have  to go to work n listen to the fans of other clubs laughing at us n quite rightly so. His comments yesterday were total garbage, he was acting like a ginger Donald trump

I dont want him to do the job he is paid for. I want him to kindly fuck off out of Parkhead....

1 hour ago, jcs said:

Awwww, is the poor little Celtic fan hurt 😢

Just think of all the times the last 4 years when Celtic were winning everything that you were gloating to those same workmates and laughing in their faces like your captain regularly does. 

Celtic fans the world over were needing taken down a peg or two, but admittedly, no one knew it was coming from their own team, management & board in such spectacular fashion. 

You’re quite rightly pissed off at all of this, but believe me, the rest of Scottish football find it fucking hilarious 😂😂😂

Edited by dandydunn

41 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I dont want him to do the job he is paid for. I want him to kindly fuck off out of Parkhead....

All I really meant was he should shut is mouth, everything he says at the moment is embarrassing even before the trip to dubai

9 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Awwww, is the poor little Celtic fan hurt 😢

Just think of all the times the last 4 years when Celtic were winning everything that you were gloating to those same workmates and laughing in their faces like your captain regularly does. 

Celtic fans the world over were needing taken down a peg or two, but admittedly, no one knew it was coming from their own team, management & board in such spectacular fashion. 

You’re quite rightly pissed off at all of this, but believe me, the rest of Scottish football find it fucking hilarious 😂😂😂

Naw no really embarrassed to fuck though, I'm not that stupid to gloat swings n roundabouts mate 

Edited by jcs

3 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

It’s quite incredible. I don’t think Celtic leadership ever considered not winning 10 in a row. Their whole financial model was built around this. Now they have a massive fixed wages cost. They don’t seem to have a clue on how to deal with this. 

It’ll be interesting for next years budget to see if they shift 60,000 season tickets again with such apathy set in. The board and management clearly have no respect for the fans after all they’ve sacrificed this season, will that come back to haunt them?

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

It’ll be interesting for next years budget to see if they shift 60,000 season tickets again with such apathy set in. The board and management clearly have no respect for the fans after all they’ve sacrificed this season, will that come back to haunt them?

It never came back to haunt celtic before with the Kelly's and the whytes, sorry I don't know if your old enough to remember them, that is were the celtic biscuit tin saying came from, 2 families that owned celtic n never spent a penny 

11 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

It’s quite incredible. I don’t think Celtic leadership ever considered not winning 10 in a row. Their whole financial model was built around this. Now they have a massive fixed wages cost. They don’t seem to have a clue on how to deal with this. 

The recruitment officer(scout) should be told he has no future in football if they think barkas whom I describe as a Greek tragedy n the so called defender Duffy who turns slower than milk, really n don't get me started on ajeti another dud, honestly shocking I could go on but what's the point 

10 minutes ago, jcs said:

It never came back to haunt celtic before with the Kelly's and the whytes, sorry I don't know if your old enough to remember them, that is were the celtic biscuit tin saying came from, 2 families that owned celtic n never spent a penny 

Maybe not, but this generation of the greatest fans in the world were also responsible for the entire top tier being closed 3-4 seasons ago and having attendances of 25,000, when they were winning the league every year. 

I wasn't trying to be a dick when sayin maybe you don't remember. I'm fortunate, I remember as a young teenager when the league was exciting at the start of the season thinking who's going to win the league,  John Hewitt superb sub v real Madrid, Dundee utd with Jim McLean at the helm, he knew how to give his players a kick up the arse, hairdryer treatment your having a laugh, rushing home from school to watch roma v Dundee utd, Scotland being 1 of the favourites to win in Argentina. The shite celtic and rangers produce now its a joke. I was spoiled as a young un, at the time I didn't know it but that really was a golden age age in scottish football, maybe your right but in my opinion what fucked scottish football was the season ticket, there were season tickets for the privileged few but for most it was pay as you go

3 minutes ago, jcs said:

I wasn't trying to be a dick when sayin maybe you don't remember. I'm fortunate, I remember as a young teenager when the league was exciting at the start of the season thinking who's going to win the league,  John Hewitt superb sub v real Madrid, Dundee utd with Jim McLean at the helm, he knew how to give his players a kick up the arse, hairdryer treatment your having a laugh, rushing home from school to watch roma v Dundee utd, Scotland being 1 of the favourites to win in Argentina. The shite celtic and rangers produce now its a joke. I was spoiled as a young un, at the time I didn't know it but that really was a golden age age in scottish football, maybe your right but in my opinion what fucked scottish football was the season ticket, there were season tickets for the privileged few but for most it was pay as you go

I never took it as you were trying to be a dick, I’m 40 this year, so unfortunately, just too young to really remember the glory years of my team. 

19 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Maybe not, but this generation of the greatest fans in the world were also responsible for the entire top tier being closed 3-4 seasons ago and having attendances of 25,000, when they were winning the league every year. 

The greatest fans in the world is corporate pish mde up by PR wankers that couldn't kick there own arse never mind a football everything I hate about the modern game

4 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I never took it as you were trying to be a dick, I’m 40 this year, so unfortunately, just too young to really remember the glory years of my team. 

Well trust me yous were good, I have nothing against anybody that doesn't talk pish 👍 I remember at the time goin to Parkhead with school mates n wondering what the score would be could we be good enough to beat Aberdeen 🤞

Edited by jcs

2 hours ago, jcs said:

Donald Trump is a ginger.  Probably uses the same hair dye as Frank McAvennie.

46 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

42 minutes ago, jcs said:

They were getting less in “the hampden year” than they expect for cup finals these days.

😂

30 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

this too.

Being able to physically attend games is the only way they'll sell tickets next season.