Season 20/21 - Page 104 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Question, with another Celtic player testing positive, does that mean another 14 days for anyone that was in contact with him?

I think I heard it was one of the self isolating players, so he shouldn't have been in contact with anyone.

I think you're witnessing the death throes of Lennon's career as a football manager. And it looks like he knows it.

I imagine he will turn up in the future as a Derek Johnstone type cheerleader on one of the shitty media outlets like Radio Clyde or that.

3 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

So Lennon says, "We've been held to a far higher standard than any other club".  I don't think its a higher standard but it is a higher profile. Celtic players have had to isolate just as they would have done if there was an outbreak at home. Its not like they've been docked points or anything.

"As soon as Celtic are deemed to do something wrong, bang, you're all wanting blood, it's absolutely scandalous. The fallout from this has been way too much."  In fairness quite a lot of that flak is from Celtic supporters who feel the club have let them down.  Lenny certainly isn't helping his cause.

That's it. It's because usually Celtic fans and their media men (Sutton, Hartson, etc) don't call them out and will usually defend them to the hilt (It's the same for Rangers). However this time pretty much everyone has agreed how stupid and tone deaf this trip was and how much it has cost Celtic. Very few fans have defended it and you'd be lucky to find more than a couple of media defenders.

Holee fuck. 

I don't know about anyone else, but I was happy to move on from this episode given Celtic had apologised. Then big Neilly comes riding in to re-light the bonfire. 

Either the pressure has cracked Lennon or he wants out. Either way surely that is curtains. 

Remarkable how quickly either side of the old firm collapse into slavering lunatics as soon as it's not going their way. 

1 hour ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Holee fuck. 

I don't know about anyone else, but I was happy to move on from this episode given Celtic had apologised. Then big Neilly comes riding in to re-light the bonfire. 

Either the pressure has cracked Lennon or he wants out. Either way surely that is curtains. 

Remarkable how quickly either side of the old firm collapse into slavering lunatics as soon as it's not going their way. 

It starting to remind of that initial period where rangers imploded. As usual it’s feast or famine. In my view a North Atlantic league or whatever’s being mooted can’t come soon enough. All this stems from is being big fish in a tiny pond and an obsession with each other and both clubs/fans go a bit mental after a while. Both clubs just need a change of scene and to operate on a bigger scale. And if the Scot prem becomes ‘a league of Ireland’ or whatever then I think I’d like that. We’re only a country of 5.5 million after all

2 hours ago, JECK said:

It starting to remind of that initial period where rangers imploded. As usual it’s feast or famine. In my view a North Atlantic league or whatever’s being mooted can’t come soon enough. All this stems from is being big fish in a tiny pond and an obsession with each other and both clubs/fans go a bit mental after a while. Both clubs just need a change of scene and to operate on a bigger scale. And if the Scot prem becomes ‘a league of Ireland’ or whatever then I think I’d like that. We’re only a country of 5.5 million after all

Good post.   Things need to change up here, the OF love or hate them are too big.  I don't think we would become a League of Ireland though.  Our other teams would might be able to flourish.

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

I’m predicting Lennon will be gone by tomorrow evening. 

Surely Celtic can't allow him to carry on. He's the figurehead of the team and has just made countless baseless claims and accusations, that could have ramifications for both him and Celtic. 

He seems like he's another bad day away from claiming fake news and making masks a political issue.

4 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Surely Celtic can't allow him to carry on. He's the figurehead of the team and has just made countless baseless claims and accusations, that could have ramifications for both him and Celtic. 

He seems like he's another bad day away from claiming fake news and making masks a political issue.

I’m assuming he’s going to be up before the governing bodies and facing charges for bringing the game into disrepute?

8 hours ago, EddardStark said:

I’m predicting Lennon will be gone by tomorrow evening. 

Id be surprised. If you consider their complete lack of self awareness during this saga, id be surprised if celtic think lennon did anythig wrong. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Id be surprised. If you consider their complete lack of self awareness during this saga, id be surprised if celtic think lennon did anythig wrong. 

He’s undermined Lawwell’s apology for a start which I don’t think will be well received. 

Usually this indicates a manager is on his way out, lashing out at everyone in such a way, but based on his 1st spell as Celtic manager, who knows. 😂

It looked like a ramble, but the level of detail he’d clearly thought about it, it wasn’t a spontaneous outburst. 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Usually this indicates a manager is on his way out, lashing out at everyone in such a way, but based on his 1st spell as Celtic manager, who knows. 😂

It looked like a ramble, but the level of detail he’d clearly thought about it, it wasn’t a spontaneous outburst. 🤷‍♂️

He's probably been thinking about little else for the past 10 days. Too much time on his hands and his mind. 

23 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Theres only one way to solve this. Null and Void the season.

🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

And be of no help to the home based players for the Euros.

Edited by Jon Cutler