Season 20/21 - Page 101 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

49 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I dont think anyone can believe whats happened to Celtic.

Livi were genuinely the better team today. They mixed up play well and were constantly putting Celtic under pressure.

As much as Brown is now a spent force, Celtic really do suffer for drive when he isnt in the team.

16 hours ago, kumnio said:

Kilmarnock and St Mirren breached the rules, causing games to be suspended. IMO the 3-0 defeats were justified. 

From what I’ve read from Dyer and Fitzpatrick, both are arrogant, delusional and simply wrong. Both saying we haven’t done anything wrong, apart from doing stuff wrong, but you know, that’s not our fault, paraphrasing obviously. 

Just listened to Fitzpatrick on last nights BBC Scotland, what a pathetic excuse of a chief executive, completely passing the buck, blaming restaurants, blaming external sources. You knew the regulations, saying you didn’t only shows your own ineptitude, absolutely pathetic response from him. 

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

None of the posters on here claimed anything like that. Some of us posted rumours we had been sent. You already know this unless you cant read, youre just looking for a reaction because you are a cockwomble.

Theres your reaction

I think that you will see that a poster said that he had it on reliable information.  Stand on.

5 hours ago, Redz said:

Dear Dave

Just put us out of our misery

Including Deek

Signed 

All at AFC

I appreciate that Aberdeen are going through a bad run and you may be right that McInnes has taken them as far as he can.But overall as an outsider I'd judge he's done a decent job. I was fortunate enough to watch Aberdeen in the 80s under Fergie and  it's been downhill ever since. I'm all seriousness who would you want in, who could do a better job? For me it's the sadness that there really is no competition to the Auld Firm and I say that as a supporter of one of the 'ugly sisters'.

9 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I appreciate that Aberdeen are going through a bad run and you may be right that McInnes has taken them as far as he can.But overall as an outsider I'd judge he's done a decent job. I was fortunate enough to watch Aberdeen in the 80s under Fergie and  it's been downhill ever since. I'm all seriousness who would you want in, who could do a better job? For me it's the sadness that there really is no competition to the Auld Firm and I say that as a supporter of one of the 'ugly sisters'.

I understand wanting to freshen things up, but agree.

Be careful what you wish for.

You’re a point off 3rd with 2 games in hand on hibs. It’s not like a relegation battle. You don’t need that kind of excitement.

Think this season is one a lot of teams fans will be happy to get out the way with the hope of some normality come august.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

You’re a point off 3rd with 2 games in hand on hibs. It’s not like a relegation battle. You don’t need that kind of excitement.

Think this season is one a lot of teams fans will be happy to get out the way with the hope of some normality come august.

The problem with Mcinnes is he thinks football is like a game  of chess, very tactical, studied precise moves at the right time & a battle of wits with his opposing manager, we’ve played our best & most entraining football the all to few times he’s let the players off the leash, a couple of games later usually against the old firm he craps himself & reverts to the overly negative pish we’ve had to endure far to often.

11 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Not sure tbh, but that's the boards job, not the support.

It's stale, and eye bleeding, although I do get the 'be careful what you wish for' comment below.

That said, it's been steadily downhill from 16/17, his signings are generally awful, made of glass, or arrive injured - He's been backed financially too, no question about that. 

We're fed up with the square pegs in round holes, over thinking, game feckin management and pishing the bed when playing Celtic and Rangers.

It's time for a change, and sadly that time is overdue by around 2/3 seasons.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with 80's expectations - The only people peddling that are fans of other teams and the media.

As an all too often example, yesterday was as awful as awful gets - Surely a bit of entertainment and application isn't too big an ask?

Just now, Rolling hIlls said:

If Gers win today Ramy then I think it really is game over.  

It is game over. Celtic are awful. Worst I've seen in years. We have a manager that makes excuses and takes no responsibility for the fact he hasn't a fuckin scoobybwhat he is doing. Our board do not give a flying fuck about the issues within the squad, and rangers keep on grinding out results. I love my club, and I love Scotland. This season is a disaster, I honestly dont care anymore with this shambles of a season. Roll on the Euros and Come On The Bonnie Scotland....🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Aberdeen fans wanting McInnes sacked will be right.

I hate the media nonsense of be careful what you wish for, he is the best you can get, who will replace him etc

Fans actually watch the games, and will know what kind of place the club are in, how players are performing against how they should, how entertaining they are, likelihood of achieving their goals etc

Most pundits are useless morons, in place for one of two reasons, as cheerleaders of a certain club (Boyd) or to irritate people (Provan), good ones like Stewart are few and far between. 

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Aberdeen fans wanting McInnes sacked will be right.

I hate the media nonsense of be careful what you wish for, he is the best you can get, who will replace him etc

Fans actually watch the games, and will know what kind of place the club are in, how players are performing against how they should, how entertaining they are, likelihood of achieving their goals etc

Most pundits are useless morons, in place for one of two reasons, as cheerleaders of a certain club (Boyd) or to irritate people (Provan), good ones like Stewart are few and far between. 

So who would you wish for?

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

We’re a point off of 3rd with 2 games in hand, but if we had any sort of bottle and man with a plan, we would 4-5 points clear in 2nd with a very bad Celtic team desperately trying to catch us for the CL qualifying spot. 

The man is tactically naive in all aspects of the game and thinks the best way to win is to outsmart the opposite manager, instead of playing our own game. 

Ive called for his head to roll for 3-4 seasons now as we ground to a halt and are now going backwards. 

He comes out at the start of the season and says we’re aiming for 3rd place, that to me isn’t good enough, he should be telling us we’re aiming to win the league every year, folk keep coming up with the budget being the reason we can’t beat the ugly sisters, but a massively different budget didn’t do RC any harm yesterday, but instead, we shite it any time we’re due to play the “big 2”. 

His time is up and he should do the honourable thing and walk away, because of there was fans in the grounds this season, he wouldn’t of gotten this far into the season the way we’re playing.

For the folk that will probably say, “well who do you take in?” The answer is, I don’t know, but those same people have to realise that Scottish football isn’t a closed door to the rest of the world, there’s 1000’s of managers out there that are dying to have a shot at the big time, it’s up to the board to go out and find them, not the fans.