Season 20/21 - Page 96 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 minutes ago, slasher said:

This is the list I've seen most prominently, doesn't look too bad actually all things considered. 

Screenshot_20210111_130631.jpg

Looks like they’ve been very lucky with the squad or very selective with the definition of close contact especially as they shared a plane which recirculates air throughout the cabins.

1 minute ago, RDFH64 said:

Looks like they’ve been very lucky with the squad or very selective with the definition of close contact especially as they shared a plane which recirculates air throughout the cabins.

It'll be based on the seating plan I'd imagine m8. Personally I would have had no issue if the game had been called off and Hibs handed a 3-0 win 🙅‍♂️

1 minute ago, slasher said:

It'll be based on the seating plan I'd imagine m8. Personally I would have had no issue if the game had been called off and Hibs handed a 3-0 win 🙅‍♂️

Maybe the spfl seen this coming & cancelled the points docking of Kilmarnock & St Mirren so they didn’t have to do the same with Celtic, how’s that for a conspiracy theory😜

Just now, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Never thought of that mate.. 🤣🤣👍👍

Got 10 years of Celtic gloating & is it triple or quadruple trebles gloating to pay back for so hope everyone piles in & gives them shit big time. And before anyone comes on & has a go about me using covid to bash Celtic I do feel deepest simpathy for anyone that has been affected by covid.

1 minute ago, RDFH64 said:

Got 10 years of Celtic gloating & is it triple or quadruple trebles gloating to pay back for so hope everyone piles in & gives them shit big time. And before anyone comes on & has a go about me using covid to bash Celtic I do feel deepest simpathy for anyone that has been affected by covid.

Fair play. I never gloat, I do enjoy winning trophies though. This Dubai trip though was an absolute disgrace, and I said it last week.. Hope it was worth it Lennon...

12 minutes ago, Redz said:

Joking apart, would they call the league with only 55/60% of the games played?

They might have to. The calendar is rammed as it is and I'd imagine the Euros will take presidence over everything else? If there's a major outbreak at a couple of clubs it'll be all over I'd reckon. 

Edited by slasher

From a football point of view I can see what Lennon was doing but jetting off to warmer climes is always going to make people envious, in lockdown even more so.  No doubt the club hoped there would be no problems re. Covid and the break would act as a catalyst for improved performances.  It was highly risky strategy from the start and has rebounded on them massively, I can't see much sympathy for them from any quarter.

John Kennedy admitted the club had been guilty of "minor slip-ups" in Covid-19 protocols during their six days in Dubai. The problem with that is 'minor slip-ups' in a pandemic leads to potential infections.  And quite what Jullien was doing there when he's out injured is beyond me, I dare say some one at the club was interpreting training camp in the widest possible sense of the term but again a high risk strategy that has backfired.  Fans have been very badly let down.

21 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

From a football point of view I can see what Lennon was doing but jetting off to warmer climes is always going to make people envious, in lockdown even more so.  No doubt the club hoped there would be no problems re. Covid and the break would act as a catalyst for improved performances.  It was highly risky strategy from the start and has rebounded on them massively, I can't see much sympathy for them from any quarter.

John Kennedy admitted the club had been guilty of "minor slip-ups" in Covid-19 protocols during their six days in Dubai. The problem with that is 'minor slip-ups' in a pandemic leads to potential infections.  And quite what Jullien was doing there when he's out injured is beyond me, I dare say some one at the club was interpreting training camp in the widest possible sense of the term but again a high risk strategy that has backfired.  Fans have been very badly let down.

Fair summary. 

Although even if folk accept that the pictures represent a series of minor slip ups, they combine to be far and away the biggest covid related fuck up this season. With other clubs punished for far more minor slip ups.

PS fuck the Celtic fans. They've had nothing but success for nine years. Who cares if they feel let down