Season 20/21 - Page 91 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Turn it in. Was a penalty every day of the week, he clipped his foot. Red card harsh although Main should have seen red. 

Yes Main should have seen red, although McCoist has told us about 10 times now☹️.

Need to see penalty descion again as was watching the touch on the back more than anything.

End of the day it has spoiled the game with Hedges going off.

13 minutes ago, prideothenorth said:

What a disgusting cheat of a player Moleros is. We all know how easy he goes down but a touch on the back? 

Not convinced Hedges was last player either.

Cosgrove could have went down earlier but stayed on his feet.

Referee has spoiled what could have been a good game yet again.

Doubt anyone is going to bite, mate. Clearly caught. Red card probably harsh, but argualbly the correct call under the rules.

Ref has been lenient imo. Main could, and probably should, have easily walked. Could easily have had a second penalty for the hand ball.

Harsh red on hedges, penalty and a yellow.

Main absolutely let away with it, red card all day and Barisic is very lucky not to be injured.

Ferguson lucky he hasn't been yellowed about 3 times and let away with a blatant handball.

All in all beaton having a howler as per.

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

2 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Doubt anyone is going to bite, mate. Clearly caught. Red card probably harsh, but argualbly the correct call under the rules.

Ref has been lenient imo. Main could, and probably should, have easily walked. Could easily have had a second penalty for the hand ball.

Fair enough, just saw the reply at half time. I had been watching Hedges touch on the back earlier on. 

Just now, Debian said:

How can it be harsh? He's denied a goal scoring opportunity; it's a clear red.  

But was it a deliberate attempt to deny it? It looks an accidental trip, from commentators, pundits and people watching the game, so if the ref can’t be sure, then it can’t be a red. 

5 minutes ago, prideothenorth said:

Yes Main should have seen red, although McCoist has told us about 10 times now☹️.

Need to see penalty descion again as was watching the touch on the back more than anything.

End of the day it has spoiled the game with Hedges going off.

To be fair I’d have sent him off just for that hairband. 

Just now, Fairbairn said:

To be fair I’d have sent him off just for that hairband. 

I’ve been saying that since the start of the season. One of our kids turned up like that a few months ago and his dad was telt that wouldn’t be happening 😂😂

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

But was it a deliberate attempt to deny it? It looks an accidental trip, from commentators, pundits and people watching the game, so if the ref can’t be sure, then it can’t be a red. 

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

Because it was accidental. Check the post by dd

From the Beaton angle it looked deliberate and from the live action I thought he swiped him.  

It clearly was accidental and VAR would have ruled a pen and not a red.  

1 minute ago, Debian said:

From the Beaton angle it looked deliberate and from the live action I thought he swiped him.  

It clearly was accidental and VAR would have ruled a pen and not a red.  

Strange, from the live action i thot it was obviously a pen but an accidental clip of the heels. Clumsy from hedges