Season 20/21 - Page 90 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is there a chance the league could be suspended rather than cut short as either way I reckon some sort of decision is only 2 or 3 weeks away the way things are going

Edited by jcs

4 hours ago, jcs said:

Don't take me wrong in saying this but i don't need your apologies. your right in the fact celtic should never have went Dubai it was not an essential trip but to continue saying this is only trying to put the boot in, whoever arranged this tripthinking it would be a great idea needs a boot right up the arse, I have a 6 year old nephew who I haven't seen in the flesh for almost a year as he is shielding due to his condition,so no 1 is more angry than I am, so away n enjoy your glenlivet n give it a rest mate 👍

Aye.  Never meant to offend.  Celtic will explain that themsleves I am sure when they come back.  Hope your nephew is ok.  Wasn't going to have a Glenlivet.  But now that you have talked me in to it!!!  Stand on pal and Scotland Foreverer.

22 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Aye.  Never meant to offend.  Celtic will explain that themsleves I am sure when they come back.  Hope your nephew is ok.  Wasn't going to have a Glenlivet.  But now that you have talked me in to it!!!  Stand on pal and Scotland Foreverer.

I'm sure the wee man will be sound, there's millions of people in the same situ that haven't seen loved ones, it just kills me cause I want to take him to see the hoops 😜 enjoy yer swally mate 👍

5 hours ago, jcs said:

Is there a chance the league could be suspended rather than cut short as either way I reckon some sort of decision is only 2 or 3 weeks away the way things are going

Based on the chat down south today with the FA, I think this is a real possibility. Probably a two week suspension, with the league extended. 

22 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Based on the chat down south today with the FA, I think this is a real possibility. Probably a two week suspension, with the league extended. 

I’d take that. Our players look knackered! Actually fancy Aberdeen to take something on Sunday so if we could call it now that would be ideal. 

1 hour ago, Stu101 said:

The reason I asked the question is I'm curious how they will deal with a shutdown when the 2020 euros have already been suspended to this year, this could end up in a right mess with teams playing 2 games a week every week in order to finish before the euros

Edited by jcs

12 hours ago, jcs said:

The reason I asked the question is I'm curious how they will deal with a shutdown when the 2020 euros have already been suspended to this year, this could end up in a right mess with teams playing 2 games a week every week in order to finish before the euros

Speaking to a Spurs fan last night. Stats guy. He was saying if Spurs get to the later stages in Europe (quarter finals) and stay in the cup, then the only way to finish the league down there in current timeframes, is for Spurs to have to play 3 games in six days at some point.

You can see somthing similar happening up here. We havent had the same amount of games cancelled yet (or to catch up on), but it could easily happen. I think it will at some point.

Also, anyone know, for example, why the rearranged Aberdeen v Celtic game wasnt played last year, when both clubs had a blank fixture? The SPFL should have been planning for this, but obviously they arn't fit for purpose.  They might have got an agreement on a joint approach- as they do down south- if they hadn't bottled the end of last season so badly.

12 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Speaking to a Spurs fan last night. Stats guy. He was saying if Spurs get to the later stages in Europe (quarter finals) and stay in the cup, then the only way to finish the league down there in current timeframes, is for Spurs to have to play 3 games in six days at some point.

You can see somthing similar happening up here. We havent had the same amount of games cancelled yet (or to catch up on), but it could easily happen. I think it will at some point.

Also, anyone know, for example, why the rearranged Aberdeen v Celtic game wasnt played last year, when both clubs had a blank fixture? The SPFL should have been planning for this, but obviously they arn't fit for purpose.  They might have got an agreement on a joint approach- as they do down south- if they hadn't bottled the end of last season so badly.

A guess would be that Celtic didn’t want to play it, so the spfl bent over and acccepted that reasoning. 

17 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I’d take that. Our players look knackered! Actually fancy Aberdeen to take something on Sunday so if we could call it now that would be ideal. 

I have a feeling that Aberdeen will score first but Rangers will win 2-1 or 3-2.

1 hour ago, Stu101 said:

What are the conditions like up in Aberdeen at the moment? Presume where the stadium is means that it gets less snow?

Nope, the golf course across the road was covered in snow yesterday, but there’s no chance of the game being off 🙈

It’ll be cold and windy, but it’s also like that for europa league games in July, so nothing out of the ordinary. 

What a disgusting cheat of a player Moleros is. We all know how easy he goes down but a touch on the back? 

Not convinced Hedges was last player either.

Cosgrove could have went down earlier but stayed on his feet.

Referee has spoiled what could have been a good game yet again.

9 minutes ago, prideothenorth said:

What a disgusting cheat of a player Moleros is. We all know how easy he goes down but a touch on the back? 

Not convinced Hedges was last player either.

Cosgrove could have went down earlier but stayed on his feet.

Referee has spoiled what could have been a good game yet again.

Turn it in. Was a penalty every day of the week, he clipped his foot. Red card harsh although Main should have seen red.