Season 20/21 - Page 89 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

6 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Dislike both of the ugly sisters, would love to see them both implode 🙏 & I’ve got the idiot on ignore 👍

Fair enough I'm a celtic fan, at least your talking from an non biased point of view 😂

11 minutes ago, jcs said:

Fair enough I'm a celtic fan, at least your talking from an non biased point of view 😂

Got mates who support both sides of the old firm & had some good banter with them but as the devide got wider the  tone of the banter changed, we’re probably all at fault but definitely less fun than it used to be 🥴

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

If COVID continues to grow (I hope to fuck not) will we see the season put in "suspended animation" for a three-six week period or should they just call it early like it was last year ?

Watching sky sports news earlier, it seems it’s causing havoc with the fa cup this weekend. 

18 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Don't say that. You can accuse me of a lot of things.  But sectarian I ain't.

Unlike you I never meant to offend that's why I put in the Emoji I did, but nice try

Edited by jcs

16 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Got mates who support both sides of the old firm & had some good banter with them but as the devide got wider the  tone of the banter changed, we’re probably all at fault but definitely less fun than it used to be 🥴

No worries mate 👍

35 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I fear that in the next few weeks we might be seeing the same thing up here.

Probably 😢

Starting to see it hitting a lot closer to home now, I’ve seen family, friends & colleagues with this now, thankfully none too serious. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Watching sky sports news earlier, it seems it’s causing havoc with the fa cup this weekend. 

Yes, played havoc with the lower leagues in England last week too. I fear the worst. Really hope Motherwell get those 6 points back soon 😳

2 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Try chasing 8 of the little whippersnappers round a pitch. 

12-13 year olds I’m coaching and as they get fitter, I lose a yard 😂😂

I've got 31 Primary 6 kids for P.E. and recently as much outdoor stuff as we can manage. I feel your pain. 😂. I can still beat them in a 50 metre sprint but they're getting closer and I'll get done before Easter I'm sure 😂. I have a few proper athletes. One girl is a Euro martial arts medalist for Scotland and another lad is signed with a football club. Great attitudes both so a great chance of making it. The whole lot are a joy. I love my job 😂

1 hour ago, jcs said:

Unlike you I never meant to offend that's why I put in the Emoji I did, but nice try

Sorry, never meant to offend either.  As I have said if it was Rangers I would have said the same.  I have friends who are sides of everywhere.  They claim this virus is made up.  But anyway, Celtic have made a mistake on this. Sorry if I offended you though.  It was not intended.  I would have said the same if it was St Mirren.

17 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

If COVID continues to grow (I hope to fuck not) will we see the season put in "suspended animation" for a three-six week period or should they just call it early like it was last year ?

As long as they just hand out half medals. 

5 minutes ago, Redz said:

Apologies if previously discussed - Is there a set amount of games that need playing before the league can be called?

good question, I don't know but somehow 3 full set of fixtures is in my head.

might be pure made up pish though.

16 minutes ago, Redz said:

Apologies if previously discussed - Is there a set amount of games that need playing before the league can be called?

I don’t think they put plans in place. 🤷‍♂️

id say 50% and preferably everyone played each other home and away would be an absolute minimum.

Should have been a contingency put in place.

eg. Split after 2 rounds of fixtures, or scrap split and play 3 rounds of fixtures and the circumstances under which these would be done...

If we had to pause, no reason why we couldn’t come back in either of these ways?

Edited by sbcmfc

10 minutes ago, stirlish said:

good question, I don't know but somehow 3 full set of fixtures is in my head.

might be pure made up pish though.

I had a brief look at the rules but 250+ pages took it's toll....🙄😂

6 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Bizarre if that's the case!

Anything can happen, and sadly has

Need some big strides by Feb HT or it's possible professional sports will have similar restrictions to us....

18 minutes ago, jailender said:

I see that some women players from Man City and Arsenal WSL teams went to Dubai and came back testing positive for Corona and games have had to be cancelled.

What odds on same happening to Celtic? Makes their decision look even more ridiculous.

It’s in the men’s squad too.

Although pep had a bit of a cheek to say they were “down to the bare bones” v Man Utd the other night.

They were missing their 3rd choice keeper and had a bench including Kyle Walker, Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus.

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Thats correct. After last years mess, the clubs refused to grant the SPFL the power to call the league this year without the clubs input. No minimum amount of games for the league to be called, insofar as I am aware.

2 hours ago, jailender said:

I see that some women players from Man City and Arsenal WSL teams went to Dubai and came back testing positive for Corona and games have had to be cancelled.

What odds on same happening to Celtic? Makes their decision look even more ridiculous.

I would imagine Celtic will be behaving more professionally & training hard in Dubai, be all work & no play or shopping trips for them 😜

19 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Sorry, never meant to offend either.  As I have said if it was Rangers I would have said the same.  I have friends who are sides of everywhere.  They claim this virus is made up.  But anyway, Celtic have made a mistake on this. Sorry if I offended you though.  It was not intended.  I would have said the same if it was St Mirren.

Don't take me wrong in saying this but i don't need your apologies. your right in the fact celtic should never have went Dubai it was not an essential trip but to continue saying this is only trying to put the boot in, whoever arranged this tripthinking it would be a great idea needs a boot right up the arse, I have a 6 year old nephew who I haven't seen in the flesh for almost a year as he is shielding due to his condition,so no 1 is more angry than I am, so away n enjoy your glenlivet n give it a rest mate 👍

Edited by jcs