Season 20/21 - Page 88 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Good old Celtic.  Absolute disgrace to Scottish Football.  No excuse that Lennon can make will suffice.  No one can move here and Brown and Lennon and rest of players are all out high fiving it.  I was never a fan off the protests outside CP.  But they should be held to account for this.

I find it both disgusting and embarrassing as a celtic fan, your just enjoying it because your a hun or am I missing your real point what the fuck has protests outside celtic park got to do with this,  can you explain your point about the protests having anything to do with the team flying to dubai

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Good old Celtic.  Absolute disgrace to Scottish Football.  No excuse that Lennon can make will suffice.  No one can move here and Brown and Lennon and rest of players are all out high fiving it.  I was never a fan off the protests outside CP.  But they should be held to account for this.

What in the name of fuck are you on about now????? Disgrace to Scottish football?? Your true colors are starting to show. I did not agree with them going to Dubai, but from what o have read, they did not break any rules, and the reason rangers didnae go anywhere is because they are fuckin tapped oot ya clown...

10 hours ago, jcs said:

I find it both disgusting and embarrassing as a celtic fan, your just enjoying it because your a hun or am I missing your real point what the fuck has protests outside celtic park got to do with this,  can you explain your point about the protests having anything to do with the team flying to dubai

JCS, I am not enjoying it any more than you.  It should have been cancelled.  It sends out all the wrong signals in this time of crisis.  My point about the protests  is that I have been a supporter of Lennon and didn't agree with them that's all.  Aberdeen got hauled over the coals for having a night out during covid.  The photo of Lennon and Brown sitting drinkig beer together and not social distancing or wearing masks when we all have to do it is not right.

9 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

What in the name of fuck are you on about now????? Disgrace to Scottish football?? Your true colors are starting to show. I did not agree with them going to Dubai, but from what o have read, they did not break any rules, and the reason rangers didnae go anywhere is because they are fuckin tapped oot ya clown...

Nothing to do with breaking the rules Ramy.  It's a thing called morals in this current climate.  As I said earlier I would be saying the same if it was Rangers and they would be a disgrace if they did the same.  You know me.  Celtic should have been better than that and you know I thoroughly respect them.  Hope you recovered from the OF game now 👍

10 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Duffy will come good. 😉😉

Duffy is done. I see him trying to tap a wee pass off during that last game and not being able to move his feet as quick as his brain wants him to 😂. I've been experiencing this myself recently. My wee lad started to take his football a bit more seriously last year. All through lockdown and the summer, all he wanted was for us to go up the park to the wee goals and have a kick about. I got away with trainers until September and the ground started to soften. A week after I got him his first boots, I had to get mysel a pair 😂. At 53 🤪
I've still got some of the old skills and I'm back up to about 50 keepy uppies. But there are times when my muscle memory kicks in during a dribble or a quick pass that sees me not being capable of moving my feet or legs quick enough to carry it out. It's a weird feeling. I'm sure that's what I'm seeing with big Duffy.

55 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Duffy is done. I see him trying to tap a wee pass off during that last game and not being able to move his feet as quick as his brain wants him to 😂. I've been experiencing this myself recently. My wee lad started to take his football a bit more seriously last year. All through lockdown and the summer, all he wanted was for us to go up the park to the wee goals and have a kick about. I got away with trainers until September and the ground started to soften. A week after I got him his first boots, I had to get mysel a pair 😂. At 53 🤪
I've still got some of the old skills and I'm back up to about 50 keepy uppies. But there are times when my muscle memory kicks in during a dribble or a quick pass that sees me not being capable of moving my feet or legs quick enough to carry it out. It's a weird feeling. I'm sure that's what I'm seeing with big Duffy.

Aye. Two wee lads died in Blackpool.  One was on the Armadale Committee and the other a wee boy from Livingston.  Every year for a few years us old boys would meet up for a challenge game with proceeds to charity.  Got decent wee crowds.  But eventually we all just got too old.  Last time I played was about 3 years ago in Argyll where the teachers had and after school game on astro.  I coudln't drive for about six weeks.  Knee went up like a balloon.

18 hours ago, Diamond Scot said:

Thats what im saying. They may have broken protocols regarding distancing but those rules would apply equally in Scotland as in Dubai. Im not sure what the rules are for distancing within training complexes. Id imagine that if a group is allowed to sit around the same table in Lennoxtown drinking coffee then they will be allowed to sit around the same table in Dubai drinking pints as the hotel complex they are staying in has been classed as their place of training.

Aye, who knows what the rules are. I do know killie were done for eating lunch 1m apart rather than 2m apart. Not quite sure how different drinking pints are to eating lunch, but seems pretty comparable to me. 

But as others have said, nothing will be done. Despite the fact it's a farce even ignoring covid - unilaterally postponing games to fly to Dubai and drink pints. They've made a right cunt out of Hibs, SFA and SPFL no matter what way you cut it. And given two fingers up to the rest of us living in lockdown. 

What a bunch of fannies. 

The whole thing is a farce from beginning to end. From the postponement of the Hibs game, which it now seems was done retrospectively, to them drinking pints and having hot tubs together.

Celtics defence of it is surely a willfull ignorance? There were lots of things that were ok in November that are not now. Had they sought reassurance before they proceeded I don’t think they’d have been given the green light, and I don’t think it’s other people’s responsibility to go back and tell them it’s no longer a good idea. They should have asked these questions themselves.

7 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

The whole thing is a farce from beginning to end. From the postponement of the Hibs game, which it now seems was done retrospectively, to them drinking pints and having hot tubs together.

Celtics defence of it is surely a willfull ignorance? There were lots of things that were ok in November that are not now. Had they sought reassurance before they proceeded I don’t think they’d have been given the green light, and I don’t think it’s other people’s responsibility to go back and tell them it’s no longer a good idea. They should have asked these questions themselves.

Correct.  If it was Albion Rovers or Airdrie?  Shocking decision from Celtic.

In terms of PR it is a complete own goal from Celtic FC. Arrogance seeping out of the pores of them all - manager and players talking pish daily to the press to justify it. Load of nonsense. I'm sure now in the minds of many neutrals there will be a sentiment hoping Rangers just steamroller their way to the title as quickly as possible.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

I totally agree but from a legal perspective they cant be punished for it. They were given the green light, nobody told them otherwise and the rules havent changed with regards to what they have done.

Its another example of where the SFA / SPFL could and should have been better. 

11 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

JCS, I am not enjoying it any more than you.  It should have been cancelled.  It sends out all the wrong signals in this time of crisis.  My point about the protests  is that I have been a supporter of Lennon and didn't agree with them that's all.  Aberdeen got hauled over the coals for having a night out during covid.  The photo of Lennon and Brown sitting drinkig beer together and not social distancing or wearing masks when we all have to do it is not right.

my question was what have the players being in Dubai got to do with the fans protest outside CP, you added the fans comment to your disgust at the players being in Dubai, 2 seperate incidents, I feel as any normal person seeing the players in Dubai, that it's wrong due to covid but to mention the fans at CP protesting about the team playing shite was just finger pointing bullshit, I hope you see that or maybe your just trying to make out that everything about the club is rotten to the core, can I assure you that not every celtic fan is a tricolour waving lunatic 

Edited by jcs

10 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Try chasing 8 of the little whippersnappers round a pitch. 

12-13 year olds I’m coaching and as they get fitter, I lose a yard 😂😂

22 hours ago, jcs said:

His point is he loves to have a dig at anything celtic related, He's a fanny

4 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

If COVID continues to grow (I hope to fuck not) will we see the season put in "suspended animation" for a three-six week period or should they just call it early like it was last year ?

Seasons not progressed enough to hand out champions & relegation places so let’s call it now, be worth it just to see the meltdown 😇

21 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Seasons not progressed enough to hand out champions & relegation places so let’s call it now, be worth it just to see the meltdown 😇

Is that halo watch what your doin Rolling hIlls will think your a fenian bastard 😜

1 minute ago, jcs said:

Is that halo watch what your doin Rolling hIlls will think your a fenian bastard 😜

Dislike both of the ugly sisters, would love to see them both implode 🙏 & I’ve got the idiot on ignore 👍