Season 20/21 - Page 64 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

And, it was OK for Aberdeen players to go out on the pish when the coronavirus was rampaging through Aberdeen pubs.  

No one knew there was a massive peak was on its way, it was all the same weekend the mini lockdown kicked off here, but the principal is the same. 

They wouldn’t have the balls to treat Aberdeen, Celtic or Rangers this way, everyone knows that. 

Edited by dandydunn

Celtic and Aberdeen players did stuff wrong away from the clubs. 

St Mirren and Killie did things wrong while on club time, and when the club should have been ensuring that protocols were fully implemented. 

I think the SPFL are fucking useless, but they have acted correctly here IMO. 

The decision to award the points to Motherwell and Accies was the only credible course of action...both St Mirren and Killie clearly flouted guidelines and then thought they'd 'fling a sickie' at the last minute and take advantage of the situation...both clubs made an absolute arse of it.

The comparisons to the tadger from the tattiedome, or the Aberdeen covidiots is just nonsense.

That said, I'm surprised the spfl had the bollocks to do it, as the precedent has now been set.

15 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

The decision to award the points to Motherwell and Accies was the only credible course of action...both St Mirren and Killie clearly flouted guidelines and then thought they'd 'fling a sickie' at the last minute and take advantage of the situation...both clubs made an absolute arse of it.

The comparisons to the tadger from the tattiedome, or the Aberdeen covidiots is just nonsense.

That said, I'm surprised the spfl had the bollocks to do it, as the precedent has now been set.

Flouting is a bit harsh. From killies perspective they have followed the guidance from the Scottish government rather than the SPFl. Not a wholly unreasonable judgement or a particularly egregious mistake (if you consider it one at all). Rather than deliberately flouted the rules.

But each to their own I suppose. And not surprised that the SPFL would prioritise their rules. It's kind of their job. 

But it does make me question what the fuck we are doing in Scottish football having stricter rules than required by law.  We should make it as easy as possible for teams to play football and fans to attend. We need to prioritize football not pretend that the SPFL can rule-make their way around an invisible virus, in a way that not government in the world (or very few) have been able to.

Anyway it's only 3points, that we might have dropped anyway. And nobody's surprised that Celtic and Aberdeen got away with it. So very predictable.

6 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Just wait until it is Rangers turn. Imagine if they get docked three points. :lol: 

Especially if it's at home to the Arabs.

Could be Dundee United getting it. A team photo with nearly 40+ people a week ago and now have their entire first team coaching staff in quarantine/isolation and 9 first team players aswell.

I'd rather not get the points awarded to us but if rangers and Livi play against Dundee United, after the St. mirren and Killie precedent, they'd be questioning why they got 3 nil losses for their breaches. Yet Dundee United can get 40 odd people together for a team photo and lose nearly a full playing squad to Covid, but don't get the same punishment.

6 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Yet Dundee United can get 40 odd people together for a team photo and lose nearly a full playing squad to Covid, but don't get the same punishment.

What punishment have they avoided?

They are not losing their game 3-0 because they still have enough players to fulfil their fixture, they have not cancelled any games, unlike Killie or St Mirren. 

People are equating vastly different things here. 

18 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Anyway it's only 3points, that we might have dropped anyway. And nobody's surprised that Celtic and Aberdeen got away with it. So very predictable.

The issues with Celtic and Aberdeen were players being idiots AWAY FROM THE CLUB.

The issues with Killie and St Mirren occurred WITHIN THE CLUB.

Aberdeen and Celtic were both willing to play games, but they got postponed by the government.

So, it's not actually like for like.

28 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

The issues with Celtic and Aberdeen were players being idiots AWAY FROM THE CLUB.

Aberdeen and Celtic were both willing to play games, but they got postponed by the government.

I'm amazed at the amount of thick cunts that cant grasp this

2 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

It's actually worrying the amount of people that struggle to follow the difference.

4 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

The SPFL logic is comparable though. 

The SPFL said players breached rules, therefore players weren't appropriately educated by the club, therefore club guilty. 

The same logic can be applied to the Aberdeen and Celtic scenarios. 

Killie were also willing to play the games,but prevented from doing so by covid restrictions. So not sure what you mean here? I think your drawing a false distinction.

In addition the breaches by the Aberdeen and Celtic players' were intentional and far more serious. 

The simple point you make about geography is understood but it's not the only consideration in assessing the reasonableness of the decision. 

15 hours ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Could be Dundee United getting it. A team photo with nearly 40+ people a week ago and now have their entire first team coaching staff in quarantine/isolation and 9 first team players aswell.

I'd rather not get the points awarded to us but if rangers and Livi play against Dundee United, after the St. mirren and Killie precedent, they'd be questioning why they got 3 nil losses for their breaches. Yet Dundee United can get 40 odd people together for a team photo and lose nearly a full playing squad to Covid, but don't get the same punishment.

If there has been a breach of the rules then we need to take it on the chin. However, if it is a breach its a fucking daft rule. We cant be the only club that have taken a team photo this year, Celtics is already doing the rounds apparently taken in November. 😂🤷‍♂️

Ridiclous, all getting a bit silly now. 

8 hours ago, Stu101 said:

It's actually worrying the amount of people that struggle to follow the difference.

As a Saints supporter I’m not struggling to follow the difference.

We were stupid and unprofessional, heads should roll for not following the guidelines and we got what we deserved.

For me the most frustrating thing is was 3-0 wins being awarded to Motherwell and Hamilton as both were home games, I would have been disappointed if we hadn’t taken at least 4 points from those fixtures, after today when we should have won comfortably but dropped 2 points were now on a roll of 7 without defeat, but somehow find ourselves bottom of the table.

Would have been nice if we had broken the rules when we were due to play away to the Old Firm rather than 2 winnable fixtures. 

4 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

As a Saints supporter I’m not struggling to follow the difference.

We were stupid and unprofessional, heads should roll for not following the guidelines and we got what we deserved.

For me the most frustrating thing is was 3-0 wins being awarded to Motherwell and Hamilton as both were home games, I would have been disappointed if we hadn’t taken at least 4 points from those fixtures, after today when we should have won comfortably but dropped 2 points were now on a roll of 7 without defeat, but somehow find ourselves bottom of the table.

Would have been nice if we had broken the rules when we were due to play away to the Old Firm rather than 2 winnable fixtures. 

8 without defeat mate.

Felt like a defeat today but on reflection given this weeks shenanigans the players showed great character and didn't let the loss of the points affect them. Should have blown Aberdeen away and that miss from Erwin.......

Still, as far as on the field goes, a decent week