Season 20/21 - Page 63 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

15 minutes ago, Debian said:

It should always be given.  The Roofe pen decision was ridiculous too, clear as day. 

Not sure a dull strength Aberdeen would have done much more today, and not being disrespectful but feel we could easily have stepped up a gear if need be.  

I would agree with most of that, but I think if McCrorie and Ferguson were available, it could’ve been closer. Two big game players that clearly make a helluva difference to how we play, but they weren’t, we have to accept that and get in with it. 

If Aberdeen were to get anything today, it would’ve needed a solid performance from everyone and the first goal, but it didn’t work like that. 

In all honesty, after the news this week regarding injuries & COVID, any sort of result was gonna be a big ask today, I feel better teams than us will lose at Ibrox this season. 

11 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I would agree with most of that, but I think if McCrorie and Ferguson were available, it could’ve been closer. Two big game players that clearly make a helluva difference to how we play, but they weren’t, we have to accept that and get in with it. 

If Aberdeen were to get anything today, it would’ve needed a solid performance from everyone and the first goal, but it didn’t work like that. 

In all honesty, after the news this week regarding injuries & COVID, any sort of result was gonna be a big ask today, I feel better teams than us will lose at Ibrox this season. 

Still gutted about how little we've let McCrorie eventually leave for. 350k at the end of the loan, dreadful business. There is supposed to be a sizeable sell on clause but that is still a tiny fee, for a player we could've just loaned out for a year. I can see him going on and having a very good career and eventually leaving Aberdeen for quite a few million.

In saying that deferring the fee and having McCrorie on loan, works massively in our favour. Gives Aberdeen a good player who can hurt Celtic but not us for a year. Similar with the loans of Murphy and Kelly (Hastie and GK McCrorie sadly aren't having the same impact). Working well in our favour with Murphy getting a goal and an assist against Celtic.

9 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Still gutted about how little we've let McCrorie eventually leave for. 350k at the end of the loan, dreadful business. There is supposed to be a sizeable sell on clause but that is still a tiny fee, for a player we could've just loaned out for a year. I can see him going on and having a very good career and eventually leaving Aberdeen for quite a few million.

In saying that deferring the fee and having McCrorie on loan, works massively in our favour. Gives Aberdeen a good player who can hurt Celtic but not us for a year. Similar with the loans of Murphy and Kelly (Hastie and GK McCrorie sadly aren't having the same impact). Working well in our favour with Murphy getting a goal and an assist against Celtic.

McCrorie is so far down the pecking order for us though.  He'd need a phenomenal rise to get in to our starting X1 let along matchday 18.

I'd love to be proved wrong and think he'll have a good career but don't think we will regret it.  Anyway, even if he does we'll get him on a Bosman 

Pretty comfortable today but probably to be expected with the amount of players Aberdeen were missing. Thought Hedges looked quite lively for Aberdeen but the big lad Leigh at the back looked poor. 

To be at the end of November and only conceded 3 goals in the league all season and none at home is a very impressive record so far. 

2 hours ago, Debian said:

It should always be given.  The Roofe pen decision was ridiculous too, clear as day. 

Not sure a dull strength Aberdeen would have done much more today, and not being disrespectful but feel we could easily have stepped up a gear if need be.  

Agreed, agreed, and I don't think you are being disrespectful

That said - I think its reasonable to assume that, McRorie apart, due to the loan agreement, an Aberdeen team having McGinn, McLennan, Watkins, McGeouch, Wright, Ferguson & Hayes available would have had us far higher up the pitch / carried more of a goal threat / protected our backline better than we did

We'll never know though....

14 hours ago, Redz said:

Agreed, agreed, and I don't think you are being disrespectful

That said - I think its reasonable to assume that, McRorie apart, due to the loan agreement, an Aberdeen team having McGinn, McLennan, Watkins, McGeouch, Wright, Ferguson & Hayes available would have had us far higher up the pitch / carried more of a goal threat / protected our backline better than we did

We'll never know though....

Actually felt a bit sorry for the Dons yesterday with key players missing.  I think that is the difference that Gerrard (and money) has made where he wants two players for every position. It ramps up competition but also provides cover and rotation for Europe.  Money talks in the football world sadly.

19 hours ago, dandydunn said:

That was piss poor from Aberdeen tonight, zero excuses for that performance. 

Got a decent 12-14 players, but nothing after that, which has shown this last 6 days. 

Time for a change, its gone stale at pittodrie and needs freshening ip

13 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I think generally this season we’ve been better to watch with a back 3 that can actually play that way, but there’s still some really baffling decisions going on. Can’t really judge on this last week with so many players out, but Considine at the right of 3 yesterday was baffling to say the least. 

21 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Agree totally. 

21 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I think generally this season we’ve been better to watch with a back 3 that can actually play that way, but there’s still some really baffling decisions going on. Can’t really judge on this last week with so many players out, but Considine at the right of 3 yesterday was baffling to say the least. 

I disagree. This is McInnes' squad. We a had a team full of senior players (perhaps excluding Campbell) that he signed playing on Saturday. He's the one who signed Ojo & main & the rest. Players who're nowhere near good enough. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Agree totally. 

I disagree. This is McInnes' squad. We a had a team full of senior players (perhaps excluding Campbell) that he signed playing on Saturday. He's the one who signed Ojo & main & the rest. Players who're nowhere near good enough. 

Yeah, I agree with that, we’ve got a decent 13-14 players (I think I said somewhere else) but the rest aren’t good enough. That’s not enough. 

11 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

I’m done with Scottish club football now, what an utter fkn joke.

funny how Celtic weren’t treated the same. 

Funny how a lot of Cellic supporters are done with Scottish football now.  Anyway. C'mon the Rangers tonight and make Scottish football proud.  Stand on 👍

49 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

I’m done with Scottish club football now, what an utter fkn joke.

funny how Celtic weren’t treated the same. 

And, it was OK for Aberdeen players to go out on the pish when the coronavirus was rampaging through Aberdeen pubs.  

Some result for Motherwell. Those 6 goals will likely see the SPFL end the season as our top scorer. 😂

I think it seems extremely harsh. I’m sure similar situations happen in every camp, not least the national team get togethers. It seems like they are being punished because they had positive tests rather than the breaches which may have contributed....

Celtic actually played a guy in a game straight off an easyJet from Malaga. 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Some result for Motherwell. Those 6 goals will likely see the SPFL end the season as our top scorer. 😂

I think it seems extremely harsh. I’m sure similar situations happen in every camp, not least the national team get togethers. It seems like they are being punished because they had positive tests rather than the breaches which may have contributed....

Celtic actually played a guy in a game straight off an easyJet from Malaga. 🤷‍♂️

Exactly, St Mirren have broken the rules and have been stupid and naive by not following guidelines and Covid protocols, the club have made a right balls up.

You could argue that Celtic and Aberdeen were different situations as it was the players breaking the rules as opposed to the clubs themselves.

I would love to see one of the old firm now do the same, as I guarantee they wouldn’t  receive the same punishment. 

If clubs haven't followed the rules/guidelines during "their" time then they deserve all the get. Player behaviour out of school is hard to punish the clubs for but if the clubs have admitted the breaches then they're at fault and deserve a punishment.

Football - despite the nonsense Doncaster came out with at the weekend - has been given special treatment over other industries and to screw it up is a special kind of stupid.