Season 20/21 - Page 61 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Totally selfish reasoning.  We are going through a pandemic worldwide.  And all you can do is think about Aberdeen winning a mickey mouse cup.

With your logic we should scrap the whole season

Edited by vanderark14

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

With your logic we should scrap the whole season

No.  We should be limiting games  and the betfred cup doesn't mean a thing anymore VA.  Used to qualify you for Europe.  But in these times it should be only important tournaments that should be played for top players.  Only IMO.  You look at it, Rangers and Celtic are playing week in week out in Europe and at home and some for country.  The betfed cup is not a priority.  You look at the League Cup in England.  How many managers or supporters put any mind on that?  Only the smaller clubs which is fair enough.  These cups don't mean a lot anymore I am disapponited to say.  2 many tournaments I think for a wee country at this time.  Probably change my mind tomorrow!!

20 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Hibs beating Dundee 1-0 currently in the League Cup.

Does anyone else think though that they should have abandoned the League Cup for this season ? I think they should have.

The clubs were asked about this over the summer. The vast majority (over 90% I think?) wanted it to go ahead.

43 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Don't see an appropriate thread, but Radio 5... currently saying that Steve Clarke has an advantage because he has no Celtic or Rangers background, so appeals to both sides 😂

Not that it bothers me but thought he was a Celtic man?  May be wrong but not bothered either way.  He is the man of the moment for me.

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I'm fairly sure it's relevant that tens of thousands at Ibrox were singing about him being a fenian bastard when he was there with Killie. 

I thought took place at RP? Maybe Ibrox as well though.  I love my team but hate all that shit on both sides of OF with the sad F*****/Oronge crap.  I wish football fans would stick to singing football songs.  My favourite one in the distant past for example was if there was a policewoman and the crowd chanted Get yer T**s out for the boys.  She just turned around and laughed.  Now these are real football songs 😀

On 11/17/2020 at 7:26 AM, Rolling hIlls said:

I thought took place at RP? Maybe Ibrox as well though.  I love my team but hate all that shit on both sides of OF with the sad F*****/Oronge crap.  I wish football fans would stick to singing football songs.  My favourite one in the distant past for example was if there was a policewoman and the crowd chanted Get yer T**s out for the boys.  She just turned around and laughed.  Now these are real football songs 😀

It was "Get yer Tits out for the lads"