Season 20/21 - Page 47 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

37 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

The Famous are heading for a cricket score tonight 🔴

4 up after half an hour. Has mcinnes taken some drugs? 😂😂

In all seriousness the dons are playing well and thats without mcrorie and with big ash at the back

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Job done. I would have liked to see us build on that lead bit three point is three points. 

Two massive games next

We all know what's coming next.  A 6-0 aggregate over the next 2 games.  

An interesting wee spat developing between St Mirren and Motherwell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54621669

St Mirren chief executive Tony Fitzpatrick has written to Motherwell to complain about coach Maurice Ross' "derisory" comments after the clubs' weekend fixture was postponed.

The Scottish Premiership game was called off hours before kick-off amid a Covid-19 outbreak at the Paisley side.

While not accusing St Mirren of foul play, Ross claimed rules allow clubs to be "opportunistic" to get matches off.

"The comments are both unfortunate and unhelpful," said Fitzpatrick.

"In particular, I deprecate any suggestion that we or any other football club would take advantage of this pandemic for personal gain. Any notion that we have been 'opportunistic' in seeking to discharge our public health responsibilities is a fallacy.

"I cannot fathom why Mr Ross would seek to publicly call into question the integrity of a fellow SPFL member club for adhering to the agreed protocols, which are in place to protect players, officials and clubs."

Ross was speaking on Sunday Sportsound the day after the Fir Park club had their second game in a row postponed because of a coronavirus outbreak at an opposing team.

First Kilmarnock, then St Mirren had players forced into isolation and had to inform the SPFL they could not fulfil their fixture, with the games to be rescheduled.

European governing body Uefa's guidance, which has been adopted by the SPFL for league purposes, states that a fixture should be played as long as a team can field 13 registered players, one of which has to be a goalkeeper.

"Hypothetically, we've got two injuries and we play Celtic in a couple of weeks' time," said the Motherwell coach. "We could say the kitman's wife has Covid and we all need to self-isolate until we get all our good players back.

"I'm not saying it is [happening] - but the rules allow for it."

A Motherwell spokesman said: "We have received the letter from St Mirren. We will digest the contents of it and we will respond to Tony Fitzpatrick privately."

Wear a poppy if you want to, don’t wear one if you don’t want to, wear a white poppy if you want to.  

Don’t have a go at someone for either wearing or not wearing one, don’t try and impose your beliefs on others.  

People who dress up as giant poppies or who put up banners about bloo-stained (sic) poppies are all just virtue signalling wankers who wouldn’t know the meaning of dignity and respect. 

10 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

McIness doing well?  3 points behind Celtic and chance to go equal on Sunday VA.

He will be doing well if he gets us to the scottish cup final. You still didnt amswer why you think mcinnes is doing well? 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

He will be doing well if he gets us to the scottish cup final. You still didnt amswer why you think mcinnes is doing well?  

3 points behind Celtic in League and Semi final of Cup.  On a fraction of the budget the OF have.  To me that is doing well.  You should have nothing to fear in next two games.  Celtic are ropey.

1 hour ago, Rolling hIlls said:

3 points behind Celtic in League and Semi final of Cup.  On a fraction of the budget the OF have.  To me that is doing well.  You should have nothing to fear in next two games.  Celtic are ropey.

We are 10 games into a season so being three points behind Celtic means nothing until its done over a season. 

Mcinnes does enough but never over achieves. battling for 3rd and semi finals/finals is where you expect Aberdeen to be based on budget but if he was that good he would over achieved on at least one occasion like the 3 or 4 finals against Celtic and never getting to the group stages of Europe, sure these are challenges but MCinnes has never risen to any of them. 

We shouldn't fear Rangers or Celtic but Mcinnes has a habit of shitting it against both. 

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

We are 10 games into a season so being three points behind Celtic means nothing until its done over a season. 

Mcinnes does enough but never over achieves. battling for 3rd and semi finals/finals is where you expect Aberdeen to be based on budget but if he was that good he would over achieved on at least one occasion like the 3 or 4 finals against Celtic and never getting to the group stages of Europe, sure these are challenges but MCinnes has never risen to any of them. 

We shouldn't fear Rangers or Celtic but Mcinnes has a habit of shitting it against both. 

Agree but think he has the makings of a good manager.  Like I have asked the Celtic bhoys on here who would you replace him with?  Scottish football has a habit of not sticking by their managers.  You look at Fergie with Man Utd.  One game away from getting the sack and the rest is history.  Stand by your manager.  I like the cut of McIness.  Comes across as a decent and educated guy who is dedicated to the Dons.

Agree but think he has the makings of a good manager.  Like I have asked the Celtic bhoys on here who would you replace him with?  Scottish football has a habit of not sticking by their managers.  You look at Fergie with Man Utd.  One game away from getting the sack and the rest is history.  Stand by your manager.  I like the cut of McIness.  Comes across as a decent and educated guy who is dedicated to the Dons.

Asking who fans would replace their current manager with is a silly question. Its not the job of fans to dp this. Just becausr we cant come up with suggestions yo replace a manager we feel isnt up to the job, does not mean we should be happy with who we have.

Mcinnes has been at aberdeen for 6/7 years, hes hardly in the bracket of not sticking by him. Most dons fans will be happy with him but standards have to be raised soon.

12 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

An interesting wee spat developing between St Mirren and Motherwell.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54621669

I was more concerned with his Rangers cheerleader act.

The current situation is a mess and I can’t disagree with the point he’s making entirely. St Mirren could only name 4 subs in their previous match all be that a bit of posturing by the manager. Was the lack of availabile players entirely COVID related? They’ve got a few coming back from injury who should now be fit for the rearranged game.... (I’m not saying they are at it, but it’s probably to their advantage to play later).

Also not sure why Killie v Motherwell wasn’t played last night or tonight? It’s been very quiet on that front.

Yet we have stmirren being forced to play with no goalkeeper signed while Celtic and Aberdeen get games off because players broke rules (laws in Bolingoli case?).

Are the rules as they appear to stand going to punish clubs with larger squads by forcing them to play weakened teams, while smaller squads can get a postponement...

I think it all needs cleared up.

29 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Asking who fans would replace their current manager with is a silly question. Its not the job of fans to dp this. Just becausr we cant come up with suggestions yo replace a manager we feel isnt up to the job, does not mean we should be happy with who we have.

Mcinnes has been at aberdeen for 6/7 years, hes hardly in the bracket of not sticking by him. Most dons fans will be happy with him but standards have to be raised soon.

If it isn't a fan's job to replace a manager, what qualifies a fan to decide the manager should be replaced?

Given the general irrelevance of the supporters' opinions, it's not unreasonable to ask "who do you think would do a better job" when someone's called for a manager's head, imo.

Didnt realise he had been there that long.  But I still like the cut of him and if I were a Dons fan I would give him another year at least.  good luck in next two games 👍

Yeah, it’s not to say he’s done a bad job, but there’s always room for improvement. I’d say he’s taken Aberdeen to where they should be, but doesn’t seem to have much more he can offer.

Sometimes you do need to shake things up a bit. Although it’s a gamble.

Aberdeen are in a position where the next step up is so big it maybe wouldn’t matter who they had? Similar sized sides have shown how easily things can go the other way though.

1 hour ago, wee-toon-red said:

If it isn't a fan's job to replace a manager, what qualifies a fan to decide the manager should be replaced?

Given the general irrelevance of the supporters' opinions, it's not unreasonable to ask "who do you think would do a better job" when someone's called for a manager's head, imo.

No fan is actually qualified, we are all fickle as fuck but you know as well as I do we will all give our opinion on a managers ability. 

No fan is actually qualified, we are all fickle as fuck but you know as well as I do we will all give our opinion on a managers ability. 

It is the beauty of the game that we can all pick a better team and formation than the manager.  ut at the end of the day that is what he is paid for.  As Dolly Parton said stand by your man.  :beer2:

It is the beauty of the game that we can all pick a better team and formation than the manager.  ut at the end of the day that is what he is paid for.  As Tammy Wynette said stand by your man.  :beer2:

Ftfy 👍