Season 20/21 - Page 43 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

As long as the pubs are adhering to the social distancing and capacity rules then there's no reason why the game shouldn't go ahead without fans.  I'd assume they'd be able to have police spot checking pubs on the day and perhaps give them the ability to close down anywhere not following the rules.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

As long as the pubs are adhering to the social distancing and capacity rules then there's no reason why the game shouldn't go ahead without fans.  I'd assume they'd be able to have police spot checking pubs on the day and perhaps give them the ability to close down anywhere not following the rules.

There’s no precedent to suggest old firm games lead to trouble in and around pubs, or Rangers fans having an adverse reaction to being told they can’t watch something on a big screen (too soon? ) 😜

I think the idea of socially distanced sat at a table with members of yours and maximum one other household, wearing a mask to move around, socially distancing, hand sanitising... all sounds perfectly reasonable and enforceable.

Good luck when someone scores or whatever. 😂

There’s already “COVID police” going round the pubs round my way. I reckon every pub would be shut by half time. 😂

On 9/23/2020 at 10:34 AM, sbcmfc said:

There’s no precedent to suggest old firm games lead to trouble in and around pubs, or Rangers fans having an adverse reaction to being told they can’t watch something on a big screen (too soon? ) 😜

I think the idea of socially distanced sat at a table with members of yours and maximum one other household, wearing a mask to move around, socially distancing, hand sanitising... all sounds perfectly reasonable and enforceable.

Good luck when someone scores or whatever. 😂

There’s already “COVID police” going round the pubs round my way. I reckon every pub would be shut by half time. 😂

Score today?  I say 2-0 Rangers.  A hopeful one mind!

The one thing you can say about the Huns is that they are definitely being coached. The front four today and last week played some really nice stuff, lots of movement, releasing the ball quickly and taking their chances today.

Compare that with our mob who are thrown a jersey and asked to do it all themselves after a week of fucking bleep tests and five a side games. The warning signs are there for all to see and if we don't get our act together, we could get a gubbing in a few weeks.

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Motherwell are getting blown away here. 3-0 Rangers not even half time.

Bobby Madhun MotM? 😜

Penalties both a bit harsh on the defenders, 1st one is correct by the new rules. Not sure about the 2nd one?

Thought we had a stonewaller denied at the other end for the push in the back on Campbell at 1-0 and there were 2 other “seen them given” claims on Watt and Lang either of which would’ve been on the soft side.

Thought the praise being heaped on rangers at HT was a bit OTT. Motherwell started alright. Jones (where did he come from?) goal was a Cracker. 3-0 down against Rangers the games a bogey, but probably flattered them a bit.

First one a stone wall penalty, second one soft but any team would be claiming for it.  Motherwell should probably have had one as well but don't think they could have any complaints with the score.  Don't agree at all that the score flattered Rangers, especially when the goal was a freak OG and Motherwell's only shot on target was from a set piece.  Rangers could have had another couple and it still wouldn't have flattered them.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

First one a stone wall penalty, second one soft but any team would be claiming for it.  Motherwell should probably have had one as well but don't think they could have any complaints with the score.  Don't agree at all that the score flattered Rangers, especially when the goal was a freak OG and Motherwell's only shot on target was from a set piece.  Rangers could have had another couple and it still wouldn't have flattered them.

I had the game on in the background and from what i saw rangers deserved their win. I didnt feel it was flattering.

I stand by what i said last week, motherwell were lucky to get a 3 nil win against aberdeen. With the exception of campbell i thought they were only slightly less pish compared to aberdeen who had a nightmare day at the office. They got a penalty after 4 minutes for handball which the defender couldnt do much about. Our keeper made an out of character mistake when he fucked his clearance, the ball went straight to the motherwell forward who scored. Aberdeen just didnt turn up.

Motherwell tpok advantage of the situation and deserved the three points but i still didnt think much of them.

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I had the game on in the background and from what i saw rangers deserved their win. I didnt feel it was flattering.

I stand by what i said last week, motherwell were lucky to get a 3 nil win against aberdeen. With the exception of campbell i thought they were only slightly less pish compared to aberdeen who had a nightmare day at the office. They got a penalty after 4 minutes for handball which the defender couldnt do much about. Our keeper made an out of character mistake when he fucked his clearance, the ball went straight to the motherwell forward who scored. Aberdeen just didnt turn up.

Motherwell tpok advantage of the situation and deserved the three points but i still didnt think much of them.

Last week was a bit of a freak result as you say. Although being marginally less Pish than everyone else will get you 3rd place.

Felt Motherwell found themselves in the same situation as the dons did last week. 3-0 down and the games over without being massively outplayed.

Madhun gives us the stonewaller at one end and doesn’t give his team the 2nd more dubious penalty at the other it’s a very different game (if yer aunty had baws).

Rangers won very comfortably in the end. They have a squad equipped to play Thursday/Sunday and use their 5 subs to bring on internationals for each other. They should pump us and they did, but felt things went in their favour in the 1st half to facilitate the comfortable win.

10 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Last week was a bit of a freak result as you say. Although being marginally less Pish than everyone else will get you 3rd place.

Felt Motherwell found themselves in the same situation as the dons did last week. 3-0 down and the games over without being massively outplayed.

Madhun gives us the stonewaller at one end and doesn’t give his team the 2nd more dubious penalty at the other it’s a very different game (if yer aunty had baws).

Rangers won very comfortably in the end. They have a squad equipped to play Thursday/Sunday and use their 5 subs to bring on internationals for each other. They should pump us and they did, but felt things went in their favour in the 1st half to facilitate the comfortable win.

That was the big difference for me.   The squad Rangers have now.  Gerrard stated he wanted two players in every position.  It looks like he has this now.

Admit it, unless you're a supporter of the Bigot Brothers, it's a dreary, dreary league. No one else has a chance of winning it and nothing will change given how the Evil Twins run things.

And currently there's no lower league or other football to distract attention from how predictable and dull it all is.

And now we're 'looking forward' to the Domestic Abuse Derby...

1 hour ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Admit it, unless you're a supporter of the Bigot Brothers, it's a dreary, dreary league. No one else has a chance of winning it and nothing will change given how the Evil Twins run things.

And currently there's no lower league or other football to distract attention from how predictable and dull it all is.

And now we're 'looking forward' to the Domestic Abuse Derby...

Agree with you mate.  The two OF will be going head to head this year and the size and quality of squads make it impossible for other clubs.  Sad but true I am afraid.  Greed feeds football now everywhere.  It's a great rivarly the OF but the other clubs suffer.  I dont know if it even legal after Brexit to bring the 3 foreigner rule back to help our game?

Wealdstone v chesterfield in the national league this weekend

No fans are allowed however they are allowed to sell tickets so people can watch the match in the social club where the windows looking on to thw pitch will be blacked out. Stewards are being hired to make sure fans do not go near the pitch.

That is feckin madness

13 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Wealdstone v chesterfield in the national league this weekend

No fans are allowed however they are allowed to sell tickets so people can watch the match in the social club where the windows looking on to thw pitch will be blacked out. Stewards are being hired to make sure fans do not go near the pitch.

That is feckin madness

They were talking about this on Talksport this morning, think there are a few places in similar situations. As you say absolute madness