Season 20/21 - Page 42 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

McInnes always shites it when they are on a run or meet the Old Firm. No doubt they'll get horsed 5-0 away. McKenna will be a big loss if he goes to Forest, Taylor & Considine, Yikes!

Well done Motherwell though. 

Hibs well worthy of their point. Nisbet is fair coming on to a game, shed a bit of timber too and a clever, niggly, and intelligent player. Ross has bought well (it looks like from the start to their season). 

Lenny playing Broon again. Mad behaviour. He should be rested regularly. Still makes some odd decisions, maybe big Pat doesn't suit Celtic's style of play as he's fairly quick and robust, but he deservers his chance. 

Great win for Killie with ten men. They're doing alright. I don't think they'll reach the lofty heights of a few years back, but Dwyer is probably a steady enough hand to guide them to sixth or so.

I think Livi will survive. They'll grind out enough results at home and they've got a few decent players. County doing well, only seen them a few times but Stewart and young Reid at the back look fantastic wee players, you'd hope that Co. can keep them on.

Fingers crossed for Thursday, but going on that Aberdeen performance, they are probably oot, and Well no doubt as well. Hopefully wrong and all four get through.

A dreadful result for Aberdeen, fucking awful. When you consider the no fans impact there's a real chance for teams to have a go this year and they fuck it. 

I'll say this though, great business on McKenna. If you can't compete with teams in terms of squad and money you've got to be clever on sales and recruitment and that is a brilliant piece of business.

What was the problem at the end with Gerrard and his players blanking Porteous? All I seen him doing was standing his ground against Morelos. Got booked for it first time and then Morelos got booked for dissent the second. Are you supposed to stand aside and just let them get a clear run at goal?

18 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Are you supposed to stand aside and just let them get a clear run at goal?

He steps into him, like all defenders would in that situation. Its a foul, nothing more.

Notwithstanding the offside goal, the game should have been put to bed with the Arfield and Kent chances. Hibs should probably have had a penalty during the second half scramble. The young boy for Hibs (Doig?) looks a player.

14 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Who the duck is buying McKenna?

i don’t get the hype. Declan Gallagher has been a better player over the last 18 months, Motherwell finished above Aberdeen last season, dealt with them in 20 minutes today.... 😜

There's no "hype". He's a good young centre half. He's strong and quick (essential attributes for English football) and, when asked to defend, can do so very well. 

I don't quite get the anti-McKenna chat that's so prevalent amongst fans of other sides tbh. It's a bit bizarre. I think it stems from Aberdeen having the audacity to seek a proper fee for him, which is entirely the right thing to have done. 

Be interesting to see what the add on clauses are for, as I can very much see him doing well in England. Dumplings like Ben Mee transfer for £10 million + down there, so there's no reason McKenna won't. 

I assume the Declan Gallagher comment is a joke too. 

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

There's no "hype". He's a good young centre half. He's strong and quick (essential attributes for English football) and, when asked to defend, can do so very well. 

I don't quite get the anti-McKenna chat that's so prevalent amongst fans of other sides tbh. It's a bit bizarre. I think it stems from Aberdeen having the audacity to seek a proper fee for him, which is entirely the right thing to have done. 

Be interesting to see what the add on clauses are for, as I can very much see him doing well in England. Dumplings like Ben Mee transfer for £10 million + down there, so there's no reason McKenna won't. 

I really rate Gallagher, I think on form he should be in the Scotland squad ahead of McKenna.

To be fair, I see Gallagher week in week out and only really see McKenna up against better teams either old firm or Europe on tv, international or against Motherwell. 😜

You’ll undoubtedly have the opposite perspective and opinion to me.

I do agree about the attributes he has. Look at Kipre now in the EPL and Bevis Mugabe could well get a decent gig down south too, if not quite at that level.

Good luck to Aberdeen if they get £3 million for McKenna and well done to them on holding our fir what they think he’s worth.

24 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I really rate Gallagher, I think on form he should be in the Scotland squad ahead of McKenna.

McKenna has been outstanding this season. Gallagher should be in the squad along with McKenna, I'd agree with that. 

To be fair, I see Gallagher week in week out and only really see McKenna up against better teams either old firm or Europe on tv, international or against Motherwell. 😜

Gallagher is also in his 30th year and is at his current career peak. He's clearly not got the same value as McKenna. 

You’ll undoubtedly have the opposite perspective and opinion to me.

I do agree about the attributes he has. Look at Kipre now in the EPL and Bevis Mugabe could well get a decent gig down south too, if not quite at that level.

Good luck to Aberdeen if they get £3 million for McKenna and well done to them on holding our fir what they think he’s worth.

I think he's worth more. If the additional £2 million of add ons are reasonably achievable, a final fee of around £5 million is more realistic. The fees in English football  are obscene. He'll move on from Forest for more money in future IMO. 

26 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

DUFC fans ......

How do you rate Logan Chalmers ?

Is he potentially one to consider for the national team in a year or two ?

There is no reason he cant be considered for a squad in the future IF he fulfils his potential. Way more natural talent than most players but how many youngsters have we had like that but they end up doing fuck all? Never really got much of a chance with Neilson and was worried he would become disillusioned. However, it is well known locally that he spent lockdown absolutely knocking his pan in to increase his fitness levels etc. He will also know there will be chances for him under Mellon and I'm hoping he grabs it. Quietly confident we have another top player on our hands.   

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

McKenna has been outstanding this season. Gallagher should be in the squad along with McKenna, I'd agree with that. 

Gallagher is also in his 30th year and is at his current career peak. He's clearly not got the same value as McKenna. 

I think he's worth more. If the additional £2 million of add ons are reasonably achievable, a final fee of around £5 million is more realistic. The fees in English football  are obscene. He'll move on from Forest for more money in future IMO. 

I didn’t realise Gallagher was as old as 30. To be fair Peter Hartley would make anyone look young, and he’s only 32.

We would’ve got a better sell on for Kipre if it wasn’t for Wigan being in admin.

Agree with most of what you say.

22 hours ago, Parklife said:

In many ways you're right, premiership teams have spent ridiculous amount of money on average defenders for years and if McKenna can even half a decent 6 months then he might get a move to a premiership side but it is a huge might.

I'm not convinced he's a good defender by any stretch, i've seen plenty of games where he has looked horrendous and his distribution, for an international defender is absolutely atrocious. He's decent, his level is probably the middle of the championship and i hope Aberdeen take Forest for every single slither of cash they can, they and every other team should be doing the same.

23 minutes ago, Mox said:

In many ways you're right, premiership teams have spent ridiculous amount of money on average defenders for years and if McKenna can even half a decent 6 months then he might get a move to a premiership side but it is a huge might.

I'm not convinced he's a good defender by any stretch, i've seen plenty of games where he has looked horrendous and his distribution, for an international defender is absolutely atrocious. He's decent, his level is probably the middle of the championship and i hope Aberdeen take Forest for every single slither of cash they can, they and every other team should be doing the same.

Everyone has bad games sometimes though. I've seen Peter Pawlett on multiple occasions rip the cunt out of Virgil van Dijk and he's went for £75 million. 

McKenna is still relatively young and improving. I agree on his distribution though, it's very poor and will have to improve. 

13 hours ago, bonzo said:

I was thinking more along the line of fans going to pubs to watch it.

At least one of the pubs near me is debating not opening or not showing the game. Difficult decision as they could be full to capacity from opening until closing.