Season 20/21 - Page 37 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

That wasa good win from Aberdeen today. Hibs were pish

We were well worth our win

Our press, workrate, and belief, is the best I've seen in years

We won't win the league, but by fuck that was better....

14 minutes ago, Redz said:

We were well worth our win

Our press, workrate, and belief, is the best I've seen in years

We won't win the league, but by fuck that was better....

Absolutely.

Hedges is like a different player

Never a 4 v 0 game yesterday but Killie thoroughly deserved their win. Surprised at their apparent poor start as I thought they looked at least as good as the rest of the teams we have played. Heavily punished for bad defending but Killie finishing was good. No complaints. Hopefully a lesson learned for the players after a decent enough start. 

38 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Fee already agreed. Allegedly £250k, performances like that will have the huns kicking themselves. 

Not really. He needed to move to show what he was about. The problem for him is we have better players in his positions. However I think he is going have a big future. 

26 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Anyone else struggle to sit through a whole game unless your team are involved ? Its fucking awful without the fans. Ive not managed one Full game unless United were involved. In hindsight ,I could have done with giving yesterday a swerve as well ☹️

Yup, the games I’ve seen have been utter guff. The lack of a crowd really affects the tempo of the game. 

As for United, they really need a striker in ASAP. Mind you having said that, they’d probably just be left isolated as there’s no-one linking the final third. Glass surely deserves game time soon?

4 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Not really. He needed to move to show what he was about. The problem for him is we have better players in his positions. However I think he is going have a big future. 

But do they? In 3 or 4 games since he’s signed, he’s played 3 or 4 different positions and looked very composed in them all. 

I can’t disagree with your 2nd point however, he looks like he’s only going to get better. I’d assume there’s a sell on clause included with the deal. 

13 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Never a 4 v 0 game yesterday but Killie thoroughly deserved their win. Surprised at their apparent poor start as I thought they looked at least as good as the rest of the teams we have played. Heavily punished for bad defending but Killie finishing was good. No complaints. Hopefully a lesson learned for the players after a decent enough start. 

We've had a poor start but we've also been playing well (except Ibrox last week)

Had Hibs away, Celtic at home, Ross County away, Rangers Away, St Johsntone at home and Dundee Utd at home.

St Johnstone we hammered them, got a man sent off and gave away two suicidal goals to somehow lose.

Played well at ER, played well and got a point vs Celtic, should have won in Dingwall.

If we hadn't had a brain fart against St Johnstone we'd be sitting not too badly.

Rory McKenzie goal was top drawer. You'll not see a better counter attacking goal all season.

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 5:16 PM, stirlish said:

it wasn't really a 4-0 drubbing

Utd were poor against the counter and will struggle to be top 6 on that performance.

killie have been pish but Utd were pisher.

I thought we played some superb stuff on Saturday.

Certainly weren't pish.

16 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Anyone else struggle to sit through a whole game unless your team are involved ? Its fucking awful without the fans. Ive not managed one Full game unless United were involved. In hindsight ,I could have done with giving yesterday a swerve as well ☹️

Never enjoyed football on TV at the best of times. Certainly not outside the pub. 

And football is certainly shite without fans. 

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We've had a poor start but we've also been playing well (except Ibrox last week)

Had Hibs away, Celtic at home, Ross County away, Rangers Away, St Johsntone at home and Dundee Utd at home.

St Johnstone we hammered them, got a man sent off and gave away two suicidal goals to somehow lose.

Played well at ER, played well and got a point vs Celtic, should have won in Dingwall.

If we hadn't had a brain fart against St Johnstone we'd be sitting not too badly.

Rory McKenzie goal was top drawer. You'll not see a better counter attacking goal all season.

Yeah the 4th goal was excellent. Harry Kane and Spurs pull that off and the Sky fan-dans cocks would have been out. 

18 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Yup, the games I’ve seen have been utter guff. The lack of a crowd really affects the tempo of the game. 

As for United, they really need a striker in ASAP. Mind you having said that, they’d probably just be left isolated as there’s no-one linking the final third. Glass surely deserves game time soon?

I agree about Glass. Not sure if he has a niggle or something but I'd have thrown him on for sure. Still, the relief at having a competent manager makes these results not as bad as they might have been over the last few years.  

I'm sure Mellon knows we need a striker, even with a fit Shankland we still need a big Number 9. .

2 hours ago, stirlish said:

We certainly did, i said "we have been pish"

Should have added , until today!

Just hope it isnt a false dawn.

I wouldn't say we have been pish tbh, Ibrox apart.

Should have had something at ER on another day, were excellent 2nd half in Dingwall and should have won, hammered St Johnstone until the sending off and somehow lost and been the only team to take points off Celtic.

Not great, should have more points but wouldn't say the performances have been pish.