Season 20/21 - Page 35 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

17 minutes ago, dipped flake said:

Glad you agree that Hearts had nothing to do with the 9 morons so you will also agree Hearts have been shafted once again. Glad to have you on board the Jambo bus. Signed Dipped cunt

Jambos bus? What do you need a bus for? You have nowhere no go. 

22 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Frighteningly, Hughes is still some people's idea of a "real fitba manager" - training consisting of push ups and laps round the track, then a burger and coke afterwards. Match tactics solely being "get it up ra park !!" to a hopeless target man who can't trap a bag of wet cement. All the while constantly screaming "ya big poof" and "ya wee fairy" at the top of his voice from the dugout at both the opposition and his own players.

That kind of shite held Scottish football back for decades whilst other similar sized nations got rid of thick cunts like Hughes.

Pretty much the opposite of John Hughes by all accounts. He's a big dafty but there's no doubt he tries to get his teams to play football with the ball on the ground. 

6 hours ago, dipped flake said:

Glad you agree that Hearts had nothing to do with the 9 morons so you will also agree Hearts have been shafted once again. Glad to have you on board the Jambo bus. Signed Dipped cunt

😂 Love it - Made me smile 👍

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

Pretty much the opposite of John Hughes by all accounts. He's a big dafty but there's no doubt he tries to get his teams to play football with the ball on the ground. 

I’d also say that the burger and coke thing doesn’t fit either, as I walked past him a couple of weeks ago along Portobello and he was looking extremely fit. The tight fitting black top was very inappropriate for a warm day along the beach, but it certainly showed him in good shape. 

On another note, Portobello beach really is the depot for east coast schemies when the sun is out 😩

Edited by McTeeko

21 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

I’d also say that the burger and coke thing doesn’t fit either, as I walked past him a couple of weeks ago along Portobello and he was looking extremely fit. The tight fitting black top was very inappropriate for a warm day along the beach, but it certainly showed him in good shape. 

On another note, Portobello beach really is the depot for east coast schemies when the sun is out 😩

Whats happened to shankland the year?

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Whats happened to shankland the year?

This season? Injured. Supposed to have failed a fitness test last midweek but missed saturdays game too. Hopefully back this weekend v Celtic. 

1 minute ago, McTeeko said:

This season? Injured. Supposed to have failed a fitness test last midweek but missed saturdays game too. Hopefully back this weekend v Celtic. 

Yes this season. I was hoping we would get to see him in action in the top tier. 

1 hour ago, McTeeko said:

Yeah. I mind the story on the news about him cycling 50 miles in lockdown to have a cup of tea with his daughter in the garden too. 

57 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

most of the Sky live games have been rotten so far, if not all of them. being kind, let's put it down to the absence of fans.....

Lack of fans & players who can pass a football,  the ex players trying to be pundits doesn’t help.

If the general impression is that most of the games have been rotten so far you've got to think that a four month shutdown and a short pre-season is partially to blame. In a normal year most teams would have had a good pre-season behind them but a lot of teams hardly played any games this summer.

33 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

That was a shocker of a tackle by the french livi player. The ref didnt even talk to him

It wasn't great but it wasn't as bad as was made out in my opinion. 

Regarding Dandydun, I couldn't agree more. That is everything that is wrong about McInnes. Two up and he tries to close the game down but with the likes of Taylor or McKenna at the back then a howler is rarely far away. Just let them play their game and bang in a few goals. Aberdeen seldom pump anyone. 

Im not an Aberdeen fan, but whenever I see them, they look like a team playing well below the players that they have. Or at least the names they have, its based primarily on reputation to be honest.

Ferguson, McGinn, Bryson, McGeouch, Kennedy, Hedges and even Wright should be good enough to create chances in midfield and out wide, but they play so slowly and almost without aim.

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Im not an Aberdeen fan, but whenever I see them, they look like a team playing well below the players that they have. Or at least the names they have, its based primarily on reputation to be honest.

Ferguson, McGinn, Bryson, McGeouch, Kennedy, Hedges and even Wright should be good enough to create chances in midfield and out wide, but they play so slowly and almost without aim.

Exactly and that's why so many want McInnes out but, on the face of it, results aren't bad enough for that to happen. As you say, most of those players are good enough and they would walk into almost every team in the league but they appear to be asked to operate well within themselves, it's good enough to beat most teams admittedly but it makes for painful viewing.