Season 20/21 - Page 28 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Got to hand it to The Government, no fucking about.

Absolutely the correct decisions, Aberdeen and Celtic must be utterly embarrassed by the pathetic debacle. Although Im surprised that Killie are still allowed to play.

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Absolutely the correct decisions, Aberdeen and Celtic must be utterly embarrassed by the pathetic debacle. Although Im surprised that Killie are still allowed to play.

If the Aberdeen/Hamilton game has been postponed, it would be good to know how this new incidents have caused this. I can fully understand why they would’ve been told they can’t play a match or train for 14 days, coming from last weeks news, but it seems things are just being made up as we go along now. 

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

The government has give the SPFL and SFA a last warning

So who's your money on to fuck it up? The favourite has to be Morelos

I have no doubt that one of our players will fuck it up at some stage. Morelos seems too obvious though.

9 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Disagree totally. Why is football being governed by a higher standard than every other industry? If a shop worker broke quarantine is the entire store being shut? If a brickie did, is the entire building site? 

Shes making an absolute cunt of this. 

Just now, Parklife said:

Disagree totally. Why is football being governed by a higher standard than every other industry? If a shop worker broke quarantine is the entire store being shut? If a brickie did, is the entire building site? 

I get what you’re saying, but was football not given various exemptions and allowed to start given a set of conditions?

I’m sure pubs etc. have been closed due to breaches.

I normally disagree with football being held to higher standards of behaviour, but in this instance it’s probably fair.

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Expelling Aberdeen and Celtic from the league seems like the only reasonable solution.  Throw in Dundee Utd for good measure....

Sevco were the first to play untested players v that very same Dundee United.

(The advantages of being the establishment team, eh?)

3 hours ago, slasher said:

Just been told Lennon granted them 4 days off after the Hamilton game. 4 fuckin days!! Gross mismanagement and raises serious questions about his judgement 😖

It's a different kettle of fish if the trip was club sanctioned.

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It isnt a higher standard though.

Food processing plants were closed after Covid outbreaks, my former company were told to close a manufacturing plant in Nottinghamshire after an outbreak, but these dont get highlighted to the same degree in the press.

She has done what was required here IMO.

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

It isnt a higher standard though.

Food processing plants were closed after Covid outbreaks, my former company were told to close a manufacturing plant in Nottinghamshire after an outbreak, but these dont get highlighted to the same degree in the press.

She has done what was required here IMO.

There hasn't been "an outbreak" connected with football. So your comparison isn't relevant. There's been two players testing positive in an incident unconnected with football. 

An incident brought to light due to the measures put in place connected with football. 

They very much are being held to a higher standard. It's farcical and complete grandstanding. 

13 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I get what you’re saying, but was football not given various exemptions and allowed to start given a set of conditions?

I’m sure pubs etc. have been closed due to breaches.

I normally disagree with football being held to higher standards of behaviour, but in this instance it’s probably fair.

So has every industry. Them not being followed hasn't led to entire businesses being made to cease operating. 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

There hasn't been "an outbreak" connected with football. So your comparison isn't relevant. There's been two players testing positive in an incident unconnected with football. 

An incident brought to light due to the measures put in place connected with football. 

They very much are being held to a higher standard. It's farcical and complete grandstanding. 

With a possible further 6 infected, they wont know until the 14 day period has passed. 

They couldnt allow this to go without action.

22 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Sevco were the first to play untested players v that very same Dundee United.

(The advantages of being the establishment team, eh?)

It's a different kettle of fish if the trip was club sanctioned.

Sevco. 

33 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

If the Aberdeen/Hamilton game has been postponed, it would be good to know how this new incidents have caused this. I can fully understand why they would’ve been told they can’t play a match or train for 14 days, coming from last weeks news, but it seems things are just being made up as we go along now. 

Everything since March is being made up as we go along. We are reacting to a deadly virus which doesn't play by our rules.

The SPFL need to start punishing players and/or clubs for breaches of guidelines. These incidents going seemingly unpunished does not look good. If they don't get their act in order the whole league is going to be shut down.

13 minutes ago, Parklife said:

So has every industry. Them not being followed hasn't led to entire businesses being made to cease operating. 

Those busnesses didnt have to agree to special protocals to allow them to operate outside of the normal rules as everyone else. The clubs did, and like it or not, they are now all bang to rights.

Edited by Stu101

3 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Those busnesses didnt have to agree to special protocals to allow them to operate outside of the normal rules as everyone else. The clubs did, and like it or not, they are now all bang to rights.

Afraid they did. You need to wander round a construction site or 5 and see how many rules are being ignored. 

Edited by Parklife

20 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The football authorities agreed to being held to these "higher standards" in order to get games going again.

Other sports will be in the same boat.

The player also can't claim he did not know or made a mistake. On my return from The Canaries I found out on the Saturday night quarantine had been reintroduced for my flight home on the Sunday. You have to fill out a pretty extensive form just to get into Spain and another one on your return either online or on arrival. 

Edited by slasher

1 minute ago, Tiny Tim said:

Trying to catch up but haven't Celtic said that all playing and backroom staff including Bolingoli have been tested twice and were negative? So why can't the Celtic game go ahead?

It can take up to 14 days for symptoms to show in a person. 

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

The football authorities agreed to being held to these "higher standards" in order to get games going again.

Other sports will be in the same boat.

So did construction. Can you show me entire construction businesses being stopped operating due to non-compliance with protocols? 

4 minutes ago, Tiny Tim said:

Trying to catch up but haven't Celtic said that all playing and backroom staff including Bolingoli have been tested twice and were negative? So why can't the Celtic game go ahead?

False negatives happen all the time. They broke the rules which allow football matches to go ahead. If they are not going to abide by the rules they shouldn't be allowed the special dispensation which allowed them to play games in the first place.