Season 20/21 - Page 27 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

45 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

If these idiots that kick a ball around for a living can't stick to the fairly simple rules that have been laid out in order for them to get back competing then the government will shut down the league.  Selfishness of the highest order. 

They truly believe that the guidelines are for the man on the street so to speak. The rules do not apply to them due to their celebratory status, can do what they like. The SPFL should of taken a tougher stance from beginning with Aberdeen, now they just look like diddies, sorry bigger diddies than before as now it will look like double standards of they do something. 

7 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Call the league now, well done Hibs, you deserved it 👍

Would be a good laugh 😂

Hamilton relegated & Livi in the play off's, 10 in a row gone too 👍

Edited by RDFH64

On 8/8/2020 at 7:22 AM, Redz said:

There's a 'chance' it could happen again of course, to any team of cunts that is, even Celtic and Rangers - that will absolutely be in the back of their minds with what they do or don't do now

.....slightly quicker than I thought, but always likely

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Barring what I said obviously being tongue in cheek, Again, I can’t see why Celtic (as club) should be punished. Barring taking away players passports, there’s absolutely nothing that any teammate, manager or director can stop people from doing this.

Football will quite possibly be shutdown again after this, with more than one party guilty of playing their part. 

Good news though, heat taken off the soul 8 for a bit 😂😂

Since Bolingoli should have been in quarantine, would that not mean Celtic fielded an inelligible player?

That said, there's probably nothing in the rules to cover this specific scenario!

21 minutes ago, slasher said:

Just been told Lennon granted them 4 days off after the Hamilton game. 4 fuckin days!! Gross mismanagement and raises serious questions about his judgement 😖

That’s completely unacceptable. 4 fucking days, why?

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

Good statement from Celtic but I'll reserve judgement till I see what the colour of their 'disciplinary' action looks like. Personally I think there are grounds for dismissal here but doubt it will come to that. 

You'd think it could be reasonably assumed that endangering the lives of others can be classed as gross misconduct in any workplace and they'd be in a strong position should it come to it.

9 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

You'd think it could be reasonably assumed that endangering the lives of others can be classed as gross misconduct in any workplace and they'd be in a strong position should it come to it.

I would have thought so as well but it's more likely he'll get fined, suspended and punted in that order. 

I thought maybe his family were in Spain or something. Which would at least allow some empathy.

If he’s Just been a wee holiday to Spain because he’s had a couple of days off, that’s just unbelievably selfish behaviour.

Having 4 days off after the 1st game of the season is pretty mental aswell to be fair. 🤷‍♂️

Did he think nobody at the airport, or on his flights would recognise him? Even if there’s not some sort of paper trail that might’ve flagged it up....

On the plus side, will get rid of all those shite bolingoli twitter handles. 😜

3 hours ago, morrie21 said:

I hear that the other 40 clubs may be asked to vote on whether or not to relegate Celtic and Aberdeen to the Championship. Doncaster is desperate for the Premiership to continue uninterrupted in order to save the Sky deal. 

Im assuming youre taking the piss

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Just been told Lennon granted them 4 days off after the Hamilton game. 4 fuckin days!! Gross mismanagement and raises serious questions about his judgement 😖

lennon is an absolute fud

Players need to realise  that if they do fuck this up and the season is ended, clubs will go bust! simple as that

3 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

Pretty awesome being on the last warning after 2 weeks of the season.

I shouldnt but i cant stop laughing at bolingoli. He must be wired to the fucking moon to think this was a good idea

2 hours ago, slasher said:

It's almost like the rank unprofessionalism which was prominent in his first stint and which was one of the main objections to him getting the gig a second time round, has magically resurfaced to everyone's surprise.

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I shouldnt but i cant stop laughing at bolingoli. He must be wired to the fucking moon to think this was a good idea

It’s not his fault, but he kind of stands out a bit too. Ryanair flights from Glasgow to Palma or Malaga or wherever don’t tend to be diverse melting pots of different skin colours etc.

1 hour ago, slasher said:

Good statement from Celtic but I'll reserve judgement till I see what the colour of their 'disciplinary' action looks like. Personally I think there are grounds for dismissal here but doubt it will come to that. 

I would agree. Send a message to the rest of the players. But would that mean that they would miss out on a transfer fee?