Season 20/21 - Page 23 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

52 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I don’t think many sane dons fans would have complained if st Johnstone were awarded the game or even if Hamilton and Celtic were given three points but the SPFL which includes all three sides have decided each game should be played, Aberdeen didn’t decide this. 

This will be a lesson for them and the rest of the game but I wouldn’t be surprised if this happened again in Scotland.

on a side note, Kris Boyd was interviewed about this issue outside fir park. I still have no idea what he was trying to say and he spoke for at least a minute. I am convinced sky have him on as a piss take because it’s sure as hell not for his informative views on football.

He's probably raging at Nichola Sturgeon for making him wear a face mask every time he goes out for a chippie or a kebab. 

6 hours ago, slasher said:

We’re talking about employees here Dandyhun, contracts, legal agreements etc. Nice try muddying the waters but try answering the fuckin question 

Your ticket into the ground is a contract with behaviour part of that contract surely.

2 hours ago, RDFH64 said:

Your ticket into the ground is a contract with behaviour part of that contract surely.

If you don’t like the conversation change the narrative? I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised at Aberdonians using Tory tactics.

9 hours ago, dandydunn said:

The players represent the club, but the club is not at fault for this, I’m amazed that anyone can think this. What exactly are they meant to do, go round by everyone’s houses each night and make sure they’re tucked up in bed?

The club are vicariously liable for the actions of their employees.

AFC themselves would not even argue this so Ive no idea why you are 😂

6 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Back to the season. 

Early days but Micky Mellon could turn out to be one of our best appointments/signings in many years. 👍 

Fancy a wee “battle of the Jims” £10 charity bet?

St Mirren to finish above the Arabs, loser pays a tenner to TASA 👍

6 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Back to the season. 

Early days but Micky Mellon could turn out to be one of our best appointments/signings in many years. 👍 

What? Better than Laszlo, McKinnon, Paatelainen, Macnamara? 

Just now, Jersey Jim said:

Fancy a wee “battle of the Jims” £10 charity bet?

St Mirren to finish above the Arabs, loser pays a tenner to TASA 👍

I’ll go with that James. Said before the season started our target should really to be aim for a comfortable 8th or 9th. Basically to avoid a relegation dog fight would be a success. Suspect you lads the same ?

As I say, its early days but really encouraged by the new manager. Huge improvement already compared to some of the teams Neilson set out and he’s only worked with the players for a few weeks 👍 

4 minutes ago, Farcity said:

What? Better than Laszlo, McKinnon, Paatelainen, Macnamara? 

Tried to erase those names from my memory. 🙈 To be honest you could add Neilson to that list. A Good guy but a total negative, cautious bottle merchant of a manager 

40 minutes ago, slasher said:

If you don’t like the conversation change the narrative? I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised at Aberdonians using Tory tactics.

I’ve got no problem with the conversation, look back at my earlier posts on this and you’ll see that I’ve already slated the 8 arseholes, I also believe AFC should receive some sort of punishment for the players misconduct, unlike your lot who try to hide everything, apparently Griffiths had a full on party for one of his brood of hens and I can’t imagine the protocols were followed there so does anyone whose been in contact with him need to isolate? Before you accuse me of deflection for pointing out Griffiths I am absolutely raging and embarrassed by what the 8 have done to my club and hope they pay dearly for it. 👍

2 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Tried to erase those names from my memory. 🙈 To be honest you could add Neilson to that list. A Good guy but a total negative, cautious bottle merchant of a manager 

You mixing him up wi Mcinnes 😜

2 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Decent start though admittedly. Reckon Motherwell could struggle this season, I watched a bit of that yesterday, they weren't too clever. 

The Aberdeen players have apologised and so has Mckiness.  Everyone now needs to move on in the interests of our game.  Or do we stick with the whataboutery that shames our football up here?  There are more important things to worry about.  Going for a pint.  Back up to watch the Rangers game then ready for back to work tomorrow after months.  Stand on.

From my reading of the apology, it seems that the Covid 8 think that the only thing they did wrong was to go out in such a large number. They seem to think it would have been OK if they had gone out in groups of smaller numbers? If that is the case then IMO the rules are far too lax. I would like to think that every manager has now told all players that they should not be seen anywhere near a pub during these times. They have been given special dispensation to start up again even though strict social distancing can't be applied on the pitch. They should show some respect to the rest of the population or risk the season being shut down before it really gets started. 

7 hours ago, kumnio said:

2000 free tickets for St Johnstone, thats about 100 each fan 😂

Yes, if it were up to me I'd give their fans free entry up to 2,000 tickets.

I'd also leave any of the 'eight' out of our next fixture with them.

1 minute ago, Scotty CTA said:

Word is that all AFC players tested today have tested negative.

With the St Mirren 8 later being revised down to 1, if this is true, the tests must be pretty fucking pointless.

2 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

I don't think so.

I'm guessing that those in isolation weren't tested today as we know that 2 of the 8 are positive.

Ah OK, makes more sense, good that it hasnt spread to anyone else then.

Edited by kumnio

9 hours ago, kumnio said:

2000 free tickets for St Johnstone, thats about 100 each fan 😂

That’s the pish patter I’d expect from doughballs like Ramy. 🙄

I hope your flight hame gets cancelled you Coagie cunt. 😂