Season 20/21 - Page 22 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 8/7/2020 at 7:01 PM, Stu101 said:

Good news.

Lot of injuries? Just send some players out to get infected, and get games shifted.

Lots of bottlenecks around December and January for various teams.

Hopefully we take advantage of this.

It doesn't work like that, though.

AFC didn't ask for the game to be postponed.

If the game was a go we still would have fielded a strong team from our squad of 35 players.

8 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

It doesn't work like that, though.

AFC didn't ask for the game to be postponed.

If the game was a go we still would have fielded a strong team from our squad of 35 players.

The game was rightly postoned, though.

And you can see how this plays out.

On 8/7/2020 at 7:06 AM, Debian said:

Aberdeen to be deducted points and Saints to be given the 3 points seems to be the fairest outcome. 

AFC, the 27 other teammates, and the fans are all innocent, though.

Just as St. Johnstone is.

The Saintees have been unfairly inconvenienced.

AFC should give them 2,000 free tickets the next time the teams meet (post pandemic) at Pittodrie.

And, the individuals in question should be fined and do 'related' community service (at a minimum). 

13 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

No, the individuals that broke the guidelines/rules on their own time are the ones that should be dealt with.

Look who’s back lol.

The individuals signed up to a deal as bound by their employers.

Strict liability or no 🤔

16 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Oddly a lot of pictures from seem to have been removed from a certain Scottish forwards facebook/Instagram page.

Maybe it was the picture of the cake....

You talking about Griffiths?  I’ve heard it’s 50/50 whether they punt him, I think everyone’s had enough.

9 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

The game was rightly postoned, though.

And you can see how this plays out.

Are you saying that a team can cause (NHS verified) positive Covid-19 tests to postpone a game (due to injuries) to their advantage?

If so...

How would that work?

Would that area also coincidentally be in lockdown like Aberdeen is?

Does the team then ask for volunteers to get infected, keep quiet, and go along with an insanely criminal plan?

The precedent that they don't want set is for teams to get 3 points by default for positive Covid-19 tests in case it effects the craziness of the '10 in a row' standings.

Can you imagine Rangers handing Celtic one or two 3-0 victories this season without a ball being kicked?

(Or vice versa?)

Believe me, they're not going to open that can of worms.

Anyway, back to what happened...

AFC didn't maneuver to get the game postponed, and I fully expect the players they have to defeat both Hamilton and St. Johnstone.

19 minutes ago, slasher said:

Look who’s back lol.

Strict liability or no 🤔

Just as Celtic fans sign up for knowing racism and sectarianism is not acceptable in football grounds. 

Strict liability or no. 

How do you feel about this?

Points deduction & closed doors?

22 minutes ago, slasher said:

Look who’s back

I wanted to share an article.

Its' truth pains me.

22 minutes ago, slasher said:

Strict liability or no

And that's who'll mete out punishment.

4 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Just as Celtic fans sign up for knowing racism and sectarianism is not acceptable in football grounds. 

Strict liability or no. 

How do you feel about this?

Points deduction & closed doors?

We’re talking about employees here Dandyhun, contracts, legal agreements etc. Nice try muddying the waters but try answering the fuckin question 

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Hello Scotty. How ya doing buddy? All well I hope?

Yes, thank you, Chris.

Blessed to have been able to work 6 days a week up until a couple of weeks ago.

There's the non-stop renos, and my girlfriend of 17 months has been keeping me happy.

Hope all is well with you and yours. 👍

11 minutes ago, slasher said:

We’re talking about employees here Dandyhun, contracts, legal agreements etc. Nice try muddying the waters but try answering the fuckin question 

Ah ok, got ya now. It’s wrong for players to misbehave, but the fans are ok to do it.

Pretty sure Celtic have a duty to ensure this doesnt go on in various legal contracts and the fans sign up to a code of conduct when they purchase tickets. 

I would answer the question, but surely a man of your intelligence would realise that you didn’t ask one. 

9 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Yes, thank you, Chris.

Blessed to have been able to work 6 days a week up until a couple of weeks ago.

There's the non-stop renos, and my girlfriend of 17 months has been keeping me happy.

Hope all is well with you and yours. 👍

All good here. Matty is itching to get back to playing and watching games again, but not a lot we can do about that at the moment. 

He’s taken up golf now though, so passing the time and gives his mum another excuse to moan at us 😂

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

Ah ok, got ya now. It’s wrong for players to misbehave, but the fans are ok to do it.

Pretty sure Celtic have a duty to ensure this doesnt go on in various legal contracts and the fans sign up to a code of conduct when they purchase tickets. 

I would answer the question, but surely a man of your intelligence would realise that you didn’t ask one. 

Fans are responsible for themselves. Players are responsible to their employers. Do you want me to draw you a diagram? There’s no defence here,  no amount of shifting the goalposts is acceptable. We are already talking about a season with no wiggle room here...... especially for players that can’t follow simple instructions and if it was Celtic I’d say the same 🤷‍♂️

Just now, slasher said:

Fans are responsible for themselves. Players are responsible to their employers. Do you want me to draw you a diagram? There’s no defence here,  no amount of shifting the goalposts is acceptable. We are already talking about a season with no wiggle room here...... especially for players that can’t follow simple instructions and if it was Celtic I’d say the same 🤷‍♂️

The players represent the club, but the club is not at fault for this, I’m amazed that anyone can think this. What exactly are they meant to do, go round by everyone’s houses each night and make sure they’re tucked up in bed?

7 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

The players represent the club, but the club is not at fault for this, I’m amazed that anyone can think this. What exactly are they meant to do, go round by everyone’s houses each night and make sure they’re tucked up in bed?

I’m going to be kind and leave others to judge the utter idiocy of this post. Anyway I’m cabbaged, have a good one👍

5 minutes ago, slasher said:

I’m going to be kind and leave others to judge the utter idiocy of this post. Anyway I’m cabbaged, have a good one👍

Roughly translated as, “aye, you’re right actually”

I assume Griffiths has been fined for his party antics yesterday?

38 minutes ago, slasher said:

So, none then other than the rhetoric from McInnes and Cormack?

There'll be punishment alright.

So far it's being dealt with internally, but the fans will demand it.

37 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

All good here. Matty is itching to get back to playing and watching games again, but not a lot we can do about that at the moment. 

He’s taken up golf now though, so passing the time and gives his mum another excuse to moan at us 😂

You'd think she'd be glad to get the house to herself. 

30 minutes ago, slasher said:

Fans are responsible for themselves. Players are responsible to their employers

Well, themselves and their employers.

36 minutes ago, slasher said:

There’s no defence here,  no amount of shifting the goalposts is acceptable. We are already talking about a season with no wiggle room here...... especially for players that can’t follow simple instructions and if it was Celtic I’d say the same 🤷‍♂️

The players hurt Aberdeen FC by leaving their squad 8 players short.

They also hurt the club with their actions by association in that they were employees on their own time.

If not for the lockdown situation already in place in the city AFC would have had to play St. Johnstone minus 6 (potential) starters (which they were willing to do).

3 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

AFC, the 27 other teammates, and the fans are all innocent, though.

Just as St. Johnstone is.

The Saintees have been unfairly inconvenienced.

AFC should give them 2,000 free tickets the next time the teams meet (post pandemic) at Pittodrie.

And, the individuals in question should be fined and do 'related' community service (at a minimum). 

2000 free tickets for St Johnstone, thats about 100 each fan 😂

I don’t think many sane dons fans would have complained if st Johnstone were awarded the game or even if Hamilton and Celtic were given three points but the SPFL which includes all three sides have decided each game should be played, Aberdeen didn’t decide this. 

This will be a lesson for them and the rest of the game but I wouldn’t be surprised if this happened again in Scotland.

on a side note, Kris Boyd was interviewed about this issue outside fir park. I still have no idea what he was trying to say and he spoke for at least a minute. I am convinced sky have him on as a piss take because it’s sure as hell not for his informative views on football.

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

There'll be punishment alright.

So far it's being dealt with internally, but the fans will demand it.

You'd think she'd be glad to get the house to herself. 

Well, themselves and their employers.

The players hurt Aberdeen FC by leaving their squad 8 players short.

They also hurt the club with their actions by association in that they were employees on their own time.

If not for the lockdown situation already in place in the city AFC would have had to play St. Johnstone minus 6 (potential) starters (which they were willing to do).

Welcome back Scotty.  I am sure you already know that Jim Sibbald passes away last year.  Sad day for a good man.