Season 20/21 - Page 17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

32 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Nope, i was firmly in the camp of berating the players till ive been told differing stories now. One side seems to think the players went out and broke the rules whilst others say wrong place wrong time as they were out for a meal. No idea what is true and what is not. 

We will soon find out

All 8 are from the same household aye?  No wonder Sturgeon called them out there.

1 minute ago, biffer said:

Saints should be awarded the game. It's the only way to get the players to pay proper attention to the rules about being in a bubble. if they get a smack on the wrist, it'll happen again. 

Whys that?

Aberdeen have enough fit players to fulfill the fixture, play it. 

11 minutes ago, kumnio said:

If the players broke the rules, and the game gets called off, I think the other team should be awarded a 3-0 win. 

Would this lead to teams falsifying results?

Easy way to stop that - clear statement that any team found to be doing that will be relegated.

Hopefully the truth will come out, and Aberdeen FC realise a statement very soon. If the players did  break the rules then imo they should lose the 3 points. Don't tell me this has just came to light in the last day or so either. If it was innocent then the club needs to let us know.

Still don't know why the game had to be called off though as mentioned before Aberdeen still have 11 fit players plus some subs to choose from.

Just hope the truth comes out but I won't hold my breath.

52 minutes ago, prideothenorth said:

Hopefully the truth will come out, and Aberdeen FC realise a statement very soon. If the players did  break the rules then imo they should lose the 3 points. Don't tell me this has just came to light in the last day or so either. If it was innocent then the club needs to let us know.

Still don't know why the game had to be called off though as mentioned before Aberdeen still have 11 fit players plus some subs to choose from.

Just hope the truth comes out but I won't hold my breath.

So the positive tests came back Tuesday or Wednesday, is that right? So they were probably in training Monday / Tuesday - how do we know there aren't other infected players who haven't tested positive yet? Have those eight players not interacted with anyone else at the club at all since last Saturday?

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Aye because aberdeen are the favoured club of the establishment 😂😂

The piblic healtg minister asked for a meeting between her, the sfa and spfl. After that meeting theu postponed the match. 

You know what is going on though. Those in charge need to be ultra careful of how they treat Aberdeen because sure as shite one of the Glasgow two down the line would do it and all hell would break loose if they never received the same treatment as Aberdeen should have got.

12 minutes ago, biffer said:

So the positive tests came back Tuesday or Wednesday, is that right? So they were probably in training Monday / Tuesday - how do we know there aren't other infected players who haven't tested positive yet? Have those eight players not interacted with anyone else at the club at all since last Saturday?

No idea when tests were done or came back, but yes I totally agree with what you say. Total mess.

4 minutes ago, WCTA said:

How does the tv money situation work out? Is it divvied up between all clubs or do Saints and Aberdeen lose out on this game’s cash if the rearranged game isn’t televised?

Usually a rearranged match is televised. Would be quite ironic if its rearranged for a time when fans can attend and saints make more from it

15 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Usually a rearranged match is televised. Would be quite ironic if its rearranged for a time when fans can attend and saints make more from it

I’m flying back on Dec 4th for a month. I have sorted out arrangements to quarantine for 14 days alone in a proper house kitted out with everything I need so that I can enjoy Christmas back home. Aberdeen are in Perth at Christmas and although I am watching that closely with the chance of seeing it live I don’t hold out much hope. I can’t see fans getting into games this calendar year. 

3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I would take any pictures seen with a pinch of salt. I was sent one of McKenna clearly having a pint (from Saturday) 🙄, where his hair was about 4 inches longer that it was on tv and Arsenal wereplaying Man City on the tv behind them. Another had one with live darts in the background, to my knowledge, there were no live darts on Saturday afternoon (but am happy to be corrected)

I'm talking about the ones from outside soul. 

3 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Tell us you took the cash?

Sure did. Cash out as soon as I saw news it was called off. £66 for fuck all 🙂

31 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm talking about the ones from outside soul. 

Sure did. Cash out as soon as I saw news it was called off. £66 for fuck all 🙂

Again, take all that with a pinch of salt. I picked up my wife from outside Soul a week last Friday, there was people all over the place outside, but her photos inside show about 30 people in the place. I’m not defending how theyve behaved at all, but there will be a helluva lot more to this than people want us to know, or are willing to share. 

On your second point, fucking marvellous 😆

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

If the players broke the rules, and the game gets called off, I think the other team should be awarded a 3-0 win. 

Would this lead to teams falsifying results?

St Johnstone should be given the 3 points. Setting a precedence across the board

No doubt about it, the players clearly fucked up and Aberdeen have to carry the can for this. I’d hope and suspect the players will be given a severe fine by the club. No axe to grind with AFC. All clubs are paying small fortunes for regular testing to get the season started and these helmets go out 8 handed ? Fans have shelled out good money for season tickets to help clubs out in difficult times knowing full well they will be missing out on seeing some of the matches on their ticket. A bit of restraint shown by the players for a short time isn't to much to ask for. Whether they were bevvying or not is irrelevant.The point of players and clubs having the routine testing is to keep them in these wee bubbles or whatever the fuck so the games can continue. These cunts never even lasted a week. 

47 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

St Johnstone should be given the 3 points. Setting a precedence across the board

No doubt about it, the players clearly fucked up and Aberdeen have to carry the can for this. I’d hope and suspect the players will be given a severe fine by the club. No axe to grind with AFC. All clubs are paying small fortunes for regular testing to get the season started and these helmets go out 8 handed ? Fans have shelled out good money for season tickets to help clubs out in difficult times knowing full well they will be missing out on seeing some of the matches on their ticket. A bit of restraint shown by the players for a short time isn't to much to ask for. Whether they were bevvying or not is irrelevant.The point of players and clubs having the routine testing is to keep them in these wee bubbles or whatever the fuck so the games can continue. These cunts never even lasted a week. 

Agreed

And although AFC were prepared to play the game, the damage is done

Selfish bastards

1 hour ago, Redz said:

What a bunch of feckin tools!

Given the isolation period is Hamilton at home and Celtic away postponed too?

Just read Hamilton and Celtic are to go ahead as planned 

Isolation from yesterday takes it through to Sat week

Health is paramount - Where's the consistency in that?

3 minutes ago, Redz said:

Just read Hamilton and Celtic are to go ahead as planned 

Isolation from yesterday takes it through to Sat week

Health is paramount - Where's the consistency in that?

I guess the concern is that there might be wider spread beyond the 8 players currently involved and that some other staff members might be infected but are not yet testing positive.   Probably just being super safe.

4 minutes ago, aaid said:

I guess the concern is that there might be wider spread beyond the 8 players currently involved and that some other staff members might be infected but are not yet testing positive.   Probably just being super safe.

Yes, I agree, and suspect, like you that there could be more on the way

My point is that as a minimum AFC will be in an identical situation next Sat when we play Celtic, and Hamilton on Wed. (8 players in isolation)

Shouldn't these games be shelved for now too?

Just now, Redz said:

Yes, I agree, and suspect, like you that there could be more on the way

My point is that as a minimum AFC will be in an identical situation next Sat when we play Celtic, and Hamilton on Wed. (8 players in isolation)

Shouldn't these games be shelved for now too?

It's also worth pointing out that - in general - people from Aberdeen have been asked not to travel more than 5 miles.   I think that the restrictions are only in place for a week and then will be reviewed depending on the position then.

25 minutes ago, aaid said:

It's also worth pointing out that - in general - people from Aberdeen have been asked not to travel more than 5 miles.   I think that the restrictions are only in place for a week and then will be reviewed depending on the position then.

You’re allowed to travel further for work. That’s only for exercise & recreation we’ve been asked to do that. Everyone going to Perth will be there to carry out their job.