Season 20/21 - Page 16 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

14 minutes ago, Mox said:

There are serious questions to be raised about their conduct. It's the first game of the season, you've played horrifically bad against your biggest rivals and still they're that desperate for a pint they'll go and sit in a boozer on a Saturday night in the midst of a global pandemic.

You raise a fair point about the culture as well, this is the third biggest team in Scotland, a team known throughout Europe and there still as a culture of drinking in 2020? Lots of footballers these days are either tee total or don't drink through a season, if they can't be that disciplined then they've absolutely no chance of furthering their careers.

It's indicative of Scottish football as a whole though, still years behind in terms of tactics, discipline, coaching and quite clearly mind set.

You could almost forgive them if they'd won the game - or at the very, very least given Rangers a really good run for their money - but they were toothless that day. Barely laid a glove on them.

My money's on Sam Cosgrove being one the culprits though. To be honest I don't know much about him, so maybe this is unkind, but he just looks like the kind of footballer you'd find on a Saturday evening hanging around in some generic, overpriced fleshpot.

1 hour ago, Mox said:

There are serious questions to be raised about their conduct. It's the first game of the season, you've played horrifically bad against your biggest rivals and still they're that desperate for a pint they'll go and sit in a boozer on a Saturday night in the midst of a global pandemic.

You raise a fair point about the culture as well, this is the third biggest team in Scotland, a team known throughout Europe and there still as a culture of drinking in 2020? Lots of footballers these days are either tee total or don't drink through a season, if they can't be that disciplined then they've absolutely no chance of furthering their careers.

It's indicative of Scottish football as a whole though, still years behind in terms of tactics, discipline, coaching and quite clearly mind set.

Agree with pair of you guys.  As a serious question.  How many were Scottish that went out?  Not taking the piss by the way.

3 hours ago, Farcity said:

Ye wurnae saying that when the Saints players were spotting heading into the Clachan afore making for the Bee en route to Shenanigans back in the day. 

My first pint was in the Clachan. I was spewing after my third or fourth. 😄 They would sell to any age along with the Market Bar. Two boozers no longer there. ☹️

28 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Is there any proof they were boozing?

Perhaps out for something to eat?

Not saying that was even right in the circumstances but is there any proof they were out partying?

I don't care about them having a few pints tbh. Going to Soul (which we've all seen pictures of the busyness of) in a group of 8, against protocols, is unacceptable. 

38 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Is there any proof they were boozing?

Perhaps out for something to eat?

Not saying that was even right in the circumstances but is there any proof they were out partying?

There was a bottle of San Pelegrino mineral water in the middle of the picture I saw. Hardly evidence of partying. What actually is the 'protocol'? Are they subject to tighter restrictions than the general population? I've been out for a meal with my family (2 adults, 2 kids) and felt safe where we were. Are 8 adults, not from the same household, going for a meal breaking the guidelines?

19 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I don't care about them having a few pints tbh. Going to Soul (which we've all seen pictures of the busyness of) in a group of 8, against protocols, is unacceptable. 

I would take any pictures seen with a pinch of salt. I was sent one of McKenna clearly having a pint (from Saturday) 🙄, where his hair was about 4 inches longer that it was on tv and Arsenal wereplaying Man City on the tv behind them. Another had one with live darts in the background, to my knowledge, there were no live darts on Saturday afternoon (but am happy to be corrected)

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Don't think there's any mock outrage, it's a farcical decision and set's a dangerous precedent.

You don;t know the reasons for the decision yet, lets wait and see how the government and the SPFL justify it. 

16 minutes ago, Debian said:

Aberdeen to be deducted points and Saints to be given the 3 points seems to be the fairest outcome. 

No no, the three points should be deducted and given to Hearts, they deserve a wee break, that and a penalty to Rangers. 

Edited by Farcity

2 minutes ago, slasher said:

Mock outrage? Sake VA if this was any other team you lot would be howling at the moon. I hope they throw the book at them for bringing the game into disrepute. 

Nope, i was firmly in the camp of berating the players till ive been told differing stories now. One side seems to think the players went out and broke the rules whilst others say wrong place wrong time as they were out for a meal. No idea what is true and what is not. 

We will soon find out

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Nope, i was firmly in the camp of berating the players till ive been told differing stories now. One side seems to think the players went out and broke the rules whilst others say wrong place wrong time as they were out for a meal. No idea what is true and what is not. 

We will soon find out

It gives the authorities a chance to concoct whatever story that will look more favourably on the club. 🙄

2 minutes ago, WCTA said:

It gives the authorities a chance to concoct whatever story that will look more favourably on the club. 🙄

Aye because aberdeen are the favoured club of the establishment 😂😂

The piblic healtg minister asked for a meeting between her, the sfa and spfl. After that meeting theu postponed the match. 

Saints should be awarded the game. It's the only way to get the players to pay proper attention to the rules about being in a bubble. if they get a smack on the wrist, it'll happen again. But as we all know, the SPFL will bottle it. If it was the other way around, with Saints having broken their bubble, you can be sure they would be clobbered for it. Scottish football in a nutshell. Everything wrong with our game in one incident; overpriviliged players thinking they're all that when they're playing in a pish league, bias towards larger clubs, a player culture that is thirty years out of date and a complaint media that doesn't care because it's not one of the old firm.

Edited by biffer