Season 20/21 - Page 12 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

18 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Easyyyyyyyy. Stroll in the park .... No disrespect to our HA support...

As it should be. The gulf in resources for those two clubs is astronomical. Celtic have a squad full of international footballers and could afford to leave a £3M goalkeeper out yesterday while Hamilton sign jobbers from the National League in England and mix them in with some youngsters and other pros who haven't exactly set the world alight elsewhere. I get that you're happy your team won but maybe save the OTT banter for when you are up against stronger opposition or under the cosh a bit in an away game.

17 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

As it should be. The gulf in resources for those two clubs is astronomical. Celtic have a squad full of international footballers and could afford to leave a £3M goalkeeper out yesterday while Hamilton sign jobbers from the National League in England and mix them in with some youngsters and other pros who haven't exactly set the world alight elsewhere. I get that you're happy your team won but maybe save the OTT banter for when you are up against stronger opposition or under the cosh a bit in an away game.

I never go over the top with my banter mate, I know the craic. It was just a bit of cheek as my Celtic thread was hijacked by a bunch of immature tosspot talking about pressure washers, nothing to do with Celtic at all.. As I said, no disrespect meant to Hamilton FC....

16 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I never go over the top with my banter mate, I know the craic. It was just a bit of cheek as my Celtic thread was hijacked by a bunch of immature tosspot talking about pressure washers, nothing to do with Celtic at all.. As I said, no disrespect meant to Hamilton FC....

Talking shite is for the other thread, yet you see fit to trail it into here. Lawd, some folk have not a shred of decency. 

17 minutes ago, Farcity said:

Talking shite is for the other thread, yet you see fit to trail it into here. Lawd, some folk have not a shred of decency. 

It’s not even his thread either, just canna help himself to try and descend something into a farce. 

This is about OUR football season, for everyone, I really hope it can stick to that, or what’s the point. 

19 hours ago, slasher said:

It's a trivial point but.... how come there are 2 mins stoppage time in a game where there were 8 substitutions? 🤔

Lovely goal from Klimala 👍

Isn’t stoppage time for substitutions optional? I’m sure I read that somewhere, for example if a team makes multiple changes in the last couple of minutes to waste time and have to drag players off the park, then it’ll be added on, but a quick change doesn’t have to be counted around the rest of the game. 

37 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

It's disgraceful that you feel it acceptable to brand other posters "immature tosspots". 

You should take a long hard look at yourself, young man. 

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

It’s not even his thread either, just canna help himself to try and descend something into a farce. 

This is about OUR football season, for everyone, I really hope it can stick to that, or what’s the point. 

In a deliberate attempt to lower the tone and standards no doubt. Quite frankly he should be ashamed of himself, I doubt it though. 

Just now, Parklife said:

It's disgraceful that you feel it acceptable to brand other posters "immature tosspots". 

You should take a long hard look at yourself, young man. 

Yeah Ramy, do that. I bet you don't like what you see looking back at you. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Isn’t stoppage time for substitutions optional? I’m sure I read that somewhere, for example if a team makes multiple changes in the last couple of minutes to waste time and have to drag players off the park, then it’ll be added on, but a quick change doesn’t have to be counted around the rest of the game. 

You might be right m8. I was under the impression the general rule of thumb was to add on 30 secs per sub however I could be wrong . 🙅‍♂️

I thought it was 30 seconds as well, but added time is always just a stab in the dark.

I think if the game is close, the time added on looks about right, if a team is getting pumped, its like they just want it over ASAP most times.

18 minutes ago, slasher said:

You might be right m8. I was under the impression the general rule of thumb was to add on 30 secs per sub however I could be wrong . 🙅‍♂️

I’m sure it was @Cove_Sheep that mentioned this a few years ago, but he’s a ref, so probably doesn’t know either :rollsmile:

10 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Ive thought for a long time that we would end up with a basketball style time in play clock for big games/leagues, something like two halves of 35 minutes or something.

How’s yer jaw? 😆

12 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Like most things, it’s the lack of consistency that irks.

Don’t really take issue with the ref cutting short injury time in a 3-0 game etc. but suppose they shouldn’t.

Of course they shouldn't. If the other team get a consolation it means fuck all at the end of that game, but may mean everything come the end of the season.

4 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Of course they shouldn't. If the other team get a consolation it means fuck all at the end of that game, but may mean everything come the end of the season.

Along the lines of not booking folk because its a Celtic v Rangers game. Aka cheating. 

1 hour ago, Farcity said:

Along the lines of not booking folk because its a Celtic v Rangers game. Aka cheating. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Yup. That’s the worst one. Letting a yellow card challenge go because it’s a heated game. 

Aye, it’s good refereeing to let a 2 footed lunge go in the first ten minutes of an old firm game...

Just aswell bookings don’t mount up to suspensions etc....

Thought the red card Callum Lang go tonight was harsh. Stick on yellow, but thought the red was harsh. Good refereeing to let it go early in an old firm game.... 😂