Season 20/21 - Page 11 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Same old Aberdeen against a ''bigger'' team.

Rangers were honking, then again better to win ugly, first game of the season etc than lose or drop points. Going on that though, Celtic should romp the league.

It'll be interesting to see how Nisbit gets on at Hibs. Seen him last year and at Raith, and the boy looks sensational - albeit in lower leagues - wonder if he can make the grade.

4 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I think what will worry both Rangers fans and Aberdeen fans if last years issues don't seem to have been addressed.  Rangers inability to finish games off and a lack of creativity.  Aberdeen's failure to keep possession and to provide adequate supply for their strikers.

What worries Aberdeen fans is that McInnes is still in the dugout. 

7 hours ago, Debian said:

One game in analysis 😂

Well they were banging on about how great they were in all these friendlys. Just didnt look much better than last year against a poorer aberdeen side

Hagi thinks hes a superstar.

You can quote me at the end if the season if I'm wrong haha.

7 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Tough start but fully deserved win. Aberdeen deserve what they got.Nothing. Like the look of your new centre back .He strolled through it. 

Think that's one big positive rangers can take, he looks a good signing. Bit more composed than previous efforts.

7 hours ago, dandydunn said:

A minimum of 5 police officers had nothing better to do today, apart from trying to stop someone some ingenuity. 

2 fans had a talking to for watching the game from a cherry picker behind the south stand. 

One photo shows the boy with a harness and a can of Tennents in his hand 😂

They showed the guys on TV. Fair play to them, probably see it at a few grounds now. Are you allowed to drink drive one of them haha

42 minutes ago, slasher said:

If they had been huns yous would have been calling them all the fannies of the day 🤔

Nah not at all, got to see the funny side in stuff like that.

I don't get why the Dons fans on here hate McIness.  Just watched him on bbc scotland and he gave a good assessment of the game. Good guy and got lots ahead of him.  If the Dons fans want him out they will rue the day.   He stuck by them when Rangers came calling.  That is a wee thing called loyalty and determination.  I hope he doesn't come on here and read the bile against him.  And as an addition.  McCoist was brilliant yesterday on TV.  Totally impartial.  Met him Ramy and he is no bigot kid.

Aberdeen looked awful. Appreciate they have some injuries but is their squad that thin ? Not fishing,  just have no idea.  Saying that, Rangers look bang average. Can see Celtic having this one sewn up by February or March 

Quite happy at our start. We really should have won the game. That dirty bastard Halloran could have walked earlier. Horrendous mistake for their goal 😂😂🙈 Proper comedy defending 

Main thing is we looked more positive in the first half than we ever did against Alloa, etc with Neilson in chgarge. Got a good feeling about the Mellon man. Would have taken a draw before the game though. Early days but I’m very hopefully our/my goal of finishing comfortably 8th or 9th is possible

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

Aberdeen looked awful. Appreciate they have some injuries but is their squad that thin ? Not fishing,  just have no idea.  Saying that, Rangers look bang average. Can see Celtic having this one sewn up by February or March 

Quite happy at our start. We really should have won the game. That dirty bastard Halloran could have walked earlier. Horrendous mistake for their goal 😂😂🙈 Proper comedy defending 

Main thing is we looked more positive in the first half than we ever did against Alloa, etc with Neilson in chgarge. Got a good feeling about the Mellon man. Would have taken a draw before the game though. Early days but I’m very hopefully our/my goal of finishing comfortably 8th or 9th is possible

The squad is actually quite well supported in all positions. The 2 main strikers being out didn’t help, but that’s no excuse. 

Mcinnes once again shat it against a stronger team on paper and never even laid a glove on them for 90 minutes. 

If he survives the next few months, the Scottish job has to be a priority to win. 

I’ve been against him for a few seasons now and many disagreed with me, but you can see on social media that the tide is turning against him more every week, his negativity and insistence that being 3rd is going to be his downfall. 

16 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Same old Aberdeen against a ''bigger'' team.

Rangers were honking, then again better to win ugly, first game of the season etc than lose or drop points. Going on that though, Celtic should romp the league.

It'll be interesting to see how Nisbit gets on at Hibs. Seen him last year and at Raith, and the boy looks sensational - albeit in lower leagues - wonder if he can make the grade.

Nisbet was pretty useless when he played in the SPFL for Thistle, but that was a couple of seasons ago now and by his own admission some of that was down to his own work ethic at the time.

Seemingly he's screwed the nut since then though, and his goalscoring record in the Championship is impressive. Definitely worth keeping an eye on.

20 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

2-0 Hibs so far. Boyle with both goals. It's tragic that Scotland let him go play for Australia instead.

Is Boyle really much better than our other options who play in his position though?

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I don't get why the Dons fans on here hate McIness.  Just watched him on bbc scotland and he gave a good assessment of the game. Good guy and got lots ahead of him.  If the Dons fans want him out they will rue the day.   He stuck by them when Rangers came calling.  That is a wee thing called loyalty and determination.  I hope he doesn't come on here and read the bile against him.  And as an addition.  McCoist was brilliant yesterday on TV.  Totally impartial.  Met him Ramy and he is no bigot kid.

Should worry you more that a rangers man like him didnt take the job, think it says more about the state of affairs at rangers than anything. Don's fans are fed up as he has no new ideas and as said above he shits it at every big game. If aberdeen had a bit more about them yesterday they could have got a point but they just sat and let rangers play around. 

Mccoist is a huge bigot dont let him fool you.

2 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

It's boredom. The style of football is borderline unwatchable. Surrendering the ball and the field like that to Rangers is criminal, they aren't that good. For years McInnes has had his players playing well within themselves, he seems loathe to let them go out and play. 

Absolutely no doubt Aberdeen will roll over your shite like Hamilton, Livvy and United still but I think a real battle with Hibs and Well is on the cards for the European spots.

3 hours ago, slasher said:

How can Aberdeen not have found a better left back than Considine after all these years? I didn't think much of the huns, Aribo apart I thought they looked very ordinary. 

Consodine isn’t the quickest, never has been, but is usually very dependable in that position (he’s naturally a centre half)

Im more than happy that Logan now has some stiff competition for his position and Hoban can also play LB if needed. 

Just now, scotlad said:

Celtic strolling it, as expected, but fair play to Hamilton for having a go at them. If Aberdeen had approached their game - at home - to Rangers yesterday in a similar fashion they might not have lost.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. They are both shite and Celtic will pummel them...😁😁😁😁😁