Season 20/21 - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

15 minutes ago, beardy said:

So are Celtic involved in this? Do you know if Rangers have involved them or is this a unilateral proposal?

BBC understands that Celtic back them: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52941423

Something similar in the Times. Let's be honest, we have the expertise in making proposals, and Celtic seemingly control the league- so its probably got a good chance of passing...

1 hour ago, Stu101 said:

Believe its open to other premier league clubs too, not just Rangers and Celtic.

True

But why do Rangers and Celtic get to enter colt teams in the third tier but other premiership clubs have to enter in the Highland or Lowland league and pay 25k for the privilege?

Quite frankly I think it's the daftest thing I've ever read.

As has been said before, why would any team in the current third tier vote for something which will puts most of them now in the bottom tier and at risk of relegation out of the league? Why are Cove Rangers being denied their well earned promotion when Dundee United are getting theirs? Stranraer and Partick will still be finding themselves in the bottom and second bottom tiers respectively. Championship clubs will all be at much greater risk of relegation when the leagues are reset back, as is likely. All to save Hearts from going down?

If Chuckie is serious about reconstruction being in Scottish football's best interests and not simply about saving her club, would she accept three up and one down to achieve the numbers instead of two up none down? If the clubs said "right we'll accept all your reconstruction proposals, you know for the good of the game like you said, but only on the basis that Utd, Caley and Dundee come up and you still go down." would she go for it? That would be the acid test and she'd never go for it.

Reconstruction should be for reconstruction's sake alone and considered purely for its own merits. Maybe it is needed, maybe not.  But it should only be introduced because it is an improvement on the current set up and no other reason, and certainly not as some stop-gap solution to a completely different problem or to have the entire game jumping to a tune written purely to save one club from relegation.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

21 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

Kind of.... according to English rangers proposal says other prem teams can pay to start in highland/lowland leagues.

So not open really,  however is the inference that the colt teams can be promoted from highland/lowland league. That will go down well.

Also what if a CelGers colt team comes last could they be relegated to the lowland league. 

The whole thing has clusterfuck written all over it.

I get the resentment about the colt teams but they could give the lower league teams a much needed financial lift. Most of the complaints are coming from spfl club fans with the usual bigot brothers pish. What about the clubs lower down the league. I'd me more interested to hear what they think. That said I won't shed a tear if it falls through and the diets end up getting relegated 

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

I get the resentment about the colt teams but they could give the lower league teams a much needed financial lift. Most of the complaints are coming from spfl club fans with the usual bigot brothers pish. What about the clubs lower down the league. I'd me more interested to hear what they think. That said I won't shed a tear if it falls through and the diets end up getting relegated 

Will it make that big a difference. People won't turn out to see a diet version of a team. The challenge cup showed that.

The 3 grand for a Rantic game will be around 1500 after VAT/tax and that's before increased costs.

I think it will be shit.

17 minutes ago, beardy said:

Will it make that big a difference. People won't turn out to see a diet version of a team. The challenge cup showed that.

The 3 grand for a Rantic game will be around 1500 after VAT/tax and that's before increased costs.

I think it will be shit.

I honestly don't know enough about lower league finances to know if the money is a game changer or not. The desperation of the diets is amusing and understandable in equal measure. 

8 minutes ago, beardy said:

I think it will be shit.

As far as I understand it, Rangers/Celtic will buy 200 tickets whether they are used or not.  But you're absolute right in that the £3k which that generates will be worth significantly less to the clubs once taxes and increased costs are accounted for. Furthermore, how many away supporters currently generally travel to third tier matches? I'm asking as I genuinely don't know. Presumably clubs such as Dunfermline and Falkirk bring at least that (200 or so)? In which case the true benefit is the £3k gross minus tax/additional costs, minus £15 times however many away supporters would travel on average in any case. Not so attractive as first presented. Rangers/Celtic would have to agree to buy an awful lot more than 200 away tickets to leave the clubs with any real benefit.

Would the colt teams have to declare squads separate from the first teams to prevent any potential unfairness or manipulation especially eg towards the end of a tight season? What if a youngster in the colt team was having a particularly good season and showing real,promise, but couldn't move up to the main first team as a result of declaring separate squads? Or if a seasoned pro was coming back from long term injury he couldn't get up to match fitness in the colt team like they used to do in the days of the reserves?

Also, I see any colt team cannot progress behind the Championship. What if eg Celtic colts win the championship? Would second place be promoted and then the playoff spots move down one? What if Rangers colts finished second? Starts to get silly then. Or would there be no promotion or relegation that season? Again, getting silly,

All this nonsense just to save Hearts' skin? I am really struggling to see any significant tangible benefit to the lower league clubs in this.

2 hours ago, slasher said:

The usual bigot brothers pish? 

Yeah, we should all embrace it eh. It's only a bit of a laugh after all. 

3 hours ago, beardy said:

So not open really,  however is the inference that the colt teams can be promoted from highland/lowland league. That will go down well.

Also what if a CelGers colt team comes last could they be relegated to the lowland league. 

The whole thing has clusterfuck written all over it.

Huns been in lower leagues before & couldn’t get oot of the championship 😜

6 hours ago, Farcity said:

Hearts just need to take their medicine and fuck off. 

This.

They have an unhealthy hatred for my club, obviously stems back to 86 when THEY fucked the league up by one goal so decided to blame us. 

To be fair they do have a point cos we pumped them 6-2 earlier in the season at Love St, so that’s what done the goal difference for them  I suppose 🤷‍♂️

Just now, dandydunn said:

Can’t read that properly, how will that work for registering new signings?

Might need to click on the picture, but this one might be better?

Its a strange one as teams will only be able to sign players domestically or who have a registration here.  

20200608_214113.jpg

I'll be interested to see what the foul / pen / red & yellow card count will be for teams playing against those two in empty stadiums - Against the same period last season that is.

Apologies if it's been asked / suggested - I really cant be bothered looking....

Edited by Redz
Spelling

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, slasher said:

I see Celtic, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock have donated the Covid 19 fund money to charity. We'll wait and see if Scotlands other 'big' clubs follow suit. 🤔

We've donated it to our charity trust that does community work - ie lunch clubs for kids in holidays, Football Memory sessions for locals with Alzheimers, Walking football classes for elderly fans to keep fit.

Really chuffed the club choose to do this.  

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We've donated it to our charity trust that does community work - ie lunch clubs for kids in holidays, Football Memory sessions for locals with Alzheimers, Walking football classes for elderly fans to keep fit.

Really chuffed the club choose to do this.  

Aye good thing to do, wonder what hearts and rangers will do

29 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

They will smuggle it away because they are the big baddies you know.  You must know that by noo on here.

the sensible thing would be to pay off some of their debts, but we all know that wont happen